The Student Room Group

Wash with sponge?

Poll

Do you wash with a sponge or any other aide (barring hand)?

A debate recently broke out in my house over whether you should use a sponge/flannel as it is more hygienic in the shower/bath than just your hand and I wanted to know what people on here thought. So, do you use a sponge and why? Or why don't you?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

A flannel.

I had a discussion about this some time last year. I concluded both one's hand and a sponge/flannel/etc. are good at cleaning, but it depends on what 'clean' constitutes. I use a flannel because it's more effective at removing dead skin.
(edited 11 years ago)
Shower-Sponge.jpg

I tend to use one of these bad boys
Reply 3
Original post by whyumadtho
A flannel.

Ah that was the name of the other one people use, cheers. Can I ask why you do?
Reply 4
Sponge, for exfoliation and what not. When I was younger, it was a flannel...
I swear everyone uses a sponge. :confused:
Original post by Lorenzo.
Sponge, for exfoliation and what not. When I was younger, it was a flannel...
I swear everyone uses a sponge. :confused:
*****, you gay.

99% of TSR won't get the reference.
Reply 6
Original post by whyumadtho
*****, you gay.

99% of TSR won't get the reference.

:rolleyes: hater.
Reply 7
I use this Plastic_Scourer.jpg
It's not as tough as it looks and just makes me feel cleaner than anything else would imo. I've used it since ever *shrugs*
Reply 8
I just use my hands usually. My hands are adequate to work shower gel/soap into a lather and clean myself. Occasionally I will exfoliate with one of those shower puff things, but not every day.
Reply 9
I don't know which is more hygienic but I use one of those shower sponge things. I feel it adds fun to the whole shower experience.
I use a pooof, don't get bubbles without one!
Reply 11
I use one of these..

http://peacenikhurler.blogspot.co.uk/2009/02/being-ready-to-volunteer-in-ghana.html

It's the first image, but mine's yellow and twice as long. Does the job well. Many West Africans use this, even in the UK (I'm Ghanaian)
Original post by SirMasterKey
A debate recently broke out in my house over whether you should use a sponge/flannel as it is more hygienic in the shower/bath than just your hand and I wanted to know what people on here thought. So, do you use a sponge and why? Or why don't you?

Washing with a flannel is less hygienic because the flannel/sponge is old and dirty and washing with hands,with your hands is very hygienic because your hands have been thoroughly cleaned,by your soap and you often miss part of the sponge out,when washing with soap.
Reply 13
Original post by Kennetha
I use one of these..

http://peacenikhurler.blogspot.co.uk/2009/02/being-ready-to-volunteer-in-ghana.html

It's the first image, but mine's yellow and twice as long. Does the job well. Many West Africans use this, even in the UK (I'm Ghanaian)

:hmmmm2:
Original post by hannahwhelan
Shower-Sponge.jpg

I tend to use one of these bad boys

:yep:

When I was younger I used one that was made of like proper fishnet or some ****, it was... quite effective. But I like these... things.

I have never, ever understood people who just use their hands. What the ****? :confused:
I use one of these

LCGT0003.jpg

Good exfoliator
Original post by Kennetha
I use one of these..

That's what I meant! So rough!
Reply 17
Original post by + polarity -

I have never, ever understood people who just use their hands. What the ****? :confused:

What do you use when handwashing? Your hands, I expect. Just like medical professionals. It's perfectly adequate.

Hands are effective at cleaning on their own (with soap) without the aid of sponges or shower puffs. It is unnecessary to exfoliate every single day.
I use sponge.
Its more effective than using my hands and makes it easier.
For convieniece sake i would recommend a sponge.
+ If you use your hand to wash a visible mark ( e.g. Ink) It would take sooo long just to get it off in comparison to using a sponge. It isn't rocket science.
Reply 19
I mainly rely on my g/f's hands, I find them far more pleasant than any sponge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending