The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I've got one in a couple of days so would also like some info! If none comes up before then and my interview is before yours (wednesday) I'll let you know what happened in mine. :smile:

I haven't got my info pack yet though! Hopefullly it'll come tomorrow! I didn't even know there was a test and I have no idea where I'm meant to be going! :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Schmeevey
Hi

I have an interview coming up for NHS Professionals at my local hospital for the post of a care support worker.

The interview has a 2hr test in it. Does anyone know what this is about.

Does anyone know if the pay is good.

If anyone has any more info about the post, that would be great! :smile:

Thanks x

Never mind. The pack didn't come so I missed the interview. :rolleyes: I've just sent an angry email.
Good luck with your interview anyway! sorry I couldn't help.
Reply 3
^thanks, no worries... hopefully u'l get another interview ehh?? What hospital did u apply to anyway?x
Reply 4
Did you manage to attend the NHSP HCA interview>? if so are you able to tell me what the exam consists of?
I am pulling my hair out with stress and anxiety as Ive not been in the NHS long (2.5 months on a 2 day a week contract.)

thanks!
pay will depend on the assignment but will generally be band 2 for HCA assignments , if you have no previous NHS service you will get the bottom increment
speaking of pay, are you going for that charge nurse job zippy?
davey jones
speaking of pay, are you going for that charge nurse job zippy?

which one ?

also wouldn't make that much difference given the increment i'm on
i think the it has disappeared from nhs jobs now, but the one that was the band 6 at the new neuro floor at your end.
davey jones
i think the it has disappeared from nhs jobs now, but the one that was the band 6 at the new neuro floor at your end.

not sure what it is about that unit but that job keeps coming up as a secondment or substantively - i've not worked on there either the old site or the new so can't comment beyond that , currently considering a move back to A+E ,

ironically as a near the top of band 5 staff nurse you can earn more than 6s and even 7s if you are prepared to put up with the trauma and torment of 7 'nights off' a month by doing a full week of 7 nights while laughing all the way to the bank .... nights outside of critical care and the Emergency dept are usually rather limited for wearers of navy blue ...
Reply 10
Hi
I sat the RGN interview today and as there was no previous advice on here i thought i would post
First was the exam lasting 45 minutes
this was broken into three sections you had to obtain from the three sections
8/10
14/25
4/5
the first section had some simple drug calculations mainly converting mgs and mls etc
it also had some questions about a drug error and how many tablets would you dispense

the second section was mainly on general care, there was a question on a cannula that had tissued, how to dispose of sharps, general infection control and few practical scenarios nothing difficult though.

the third section had a question about safeguarding, parenteral feeding, an inactive stoma and missing CD drugs

i hope this helps any others going for an RGN interview
Good luck x

Latest

Trending

Trending