The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

A Week in the Life: LSE edition

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Are there any badminton opportunities (Im not very good, just enjoy it)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
Oops already answered
btw how do you guys have time to play sport
am i wrong in thinking the workload is probably unbelievably high?
Reply 42
The Sherminator
Cricket team is brilliant at the LSE, and there are several football teams to join (i.e. 1st team, 2nd team etc etc...)

Do you know when and where training is by any chance?
El Mariachi
Do you know when and where training is by any chance?

When there is AU induction they will tell you all about that :smile:.

To the post above yours; people find time when they want to do things they like. Wednesday's are mostly off for everyone and that is the day of sport so its fine.
Hahaha. I can finally write in this. Whoop.

A week - Well, I have 8 hours a week. And take, GV101, GV100, IR100 and SA100. One lecture, one class for each course. I have one class on monday, which is at around 1. And a lecture at 4-6. I just get to Uni at around 12 - and work for my Tuesday Classes (reading etc) during all the hours im not in class or in a lecture. Or hang at starbucks, pretending to study.

After my lecture in the early evening, I usually go for a pubic lecture, which there are some ridiculous amounts of. Its difficult sometimes to even find time for them. Go for dinner with friends afterwards, return to the library and pull a 4am-er.

Tuesdays, I could commit suicide on. I have a class from 10-11 then one from 1-2, then a lecture from 3-4 and another class from 5-6. I am always in the library on Tuesdays, finishing reading i really should have done on the weekend, or essays that are due in an hour. Or finishing a presentation. Ugh. Hate tuesdays. But then, after the day is over, im still in the library - finishing the essays I didn't eventually finish doing, and handing it in before 12, so it TECHNICALLY cannot be late.

Then I go out for dinner, or bum around with friends in halls, and pass out cause of lack of sleep.

Wednesdays I have nothing, i sleep in, go for lunch, go shopping, go for drinks, go out.

Same for Thursdays. I have a lecture, but I always bunk it, its 10 am, and i'm always hung over.

Same for Fridays. I have a lecture, but its recorded online. I don't see the point in waking up at 10 am.

Saturdays Ditto.

Sunday, I eventually get to the pile of work, that I should have done.

But this was till, like, week 15 of LSE, after that, my freedays, were spent in the library. Freaking out because,2.2 - 2.1's are depressing to look at, because everyone around you has risen waaay up to like, the 1st mark, leaving you, where you were hung over.

Coming into summer term, i hope that my body doesn't start to reject Red Bull. The Library will be my new home :smile: And bed since its 24hrs.
Reply 45
SCARY..!
And here I am thinking that I might have time to do more music! LOL

OH DEAR!!!
Reply 46
kashmir.noir
Hahaha. I can finally write in this. Whoop.

A week - Well, I have 8 hours a week. And take, GV101, GV100, IR100 and SA100. One lecture, one class for each course. I have one class on monday, which is at around 1. And a lecture at 4-6. I just get to Uni at around 12 - and work for my Tuesday Classes (reading etc) during all the hours im not in class or in a lecture. Or hang at starbucks, pretending to study.

After my lecture in the early evening, I usually go for a pubic lecture, which there are some ridiculous amounts of. Its difficult sometimes to even find time for them. Go for dinner with friends afterwards, return to the library and pull a 4am-er.

Tuesdays, I could commit suicide on. I have a class from 10-11 then one from 1-2, then a lecture from 3-4 and another class from 5-6. I am always in the library on Tuesdays, finishing reading i really should have done on the weekend, or essays that are due in an hour. Or finishing a presentation. Ugh. Hate tuesdays. But then, after the day is over, im still in the library - finishing the essays I didn't eventually finish doing, and handing it in before 12, so it TECHNICALLY cannot be late.

Then I go out for dinner, or bum around with friends in halls, and pass out cause of lack of sleep.

Wednesdays I have nothing, i sleep in, go for lunch, go shopping, go for drinks, go out.

Same for Thursdays. I have a lecture, but I always bunk it, its 10 am, and i'm always hung over.

Same for Fridays. I have a lecture, but its recorded online. I don't see the point in waking up at 10 am.

Saturdays Ditto.

Sunday, I eventually get to the pile of work, that I should have done.

But this was till, like, week 15 of LSE, after that, my freedays, were spent in the library. Freaking out because,2.2 - 2.1's are depressing to look at, because everyone around you has risen waaay up to like, the 1st mark, leaving you, where you were hung over.

Coming into summer term, i hope that my body doesn't start to reject Red Bull. The Library will be my new home :smile: And bed since its 24hrs.

hey, r u doing undergraduate or postgraduate studies?
Reply 47
kashmir.noir

I have only recently realised LSE does this. It is the most awesome thing ever. Do you know exactly which courses are recorded?
Swayum
I have only recently realised LSE does this. It is the most awesome thing ever. Do you know exactly which courses are recorded?

I think within a course, only some lecturers are recorded.
Swayum

ST102, MA100 and some of EC102 were recorded for me when I did them, as far as I can remember, but that was a couple of years ago. Your lecturers will tell you if they're available online, i.e. whether you have to continue going to any more lectures after that. :smile: However, some are limited to the school network, but you can access them from your laptop via Remote Desktop access at home.
EC102 have stopped recording lectures.

I don't know about others which would be recorded for you Swayum. You will be doing MA103 right? Fun times :p:
London2009
hey, r u doing undergraduate or postgraduate studies?

undergrad
Reply 52
SevenDeuceOff
ST102, MA100 and some of EC102

Are the old EC102 lectures still up since it's no longer recorded?
Swayum
Are the old EC102 lectures still up since it's no longer recorded?

Doubt it. There's little point in trying to get a head-start, because any advantages will have evaporated within a few weeks.
Reply 54
wow how did u live
that has so seriously put me off going to lse
btw which course are u doing?
LittleMcBanker
Grr this is bad as this isn;t even my account, but my days are as follows:

Wake 10:30 for election at 11
Attend lecture at 11:00
Eat lunch with friends
Study in library
Attend lecture at 4:00pm
Eat dinner
Study in library until closing at midnight
Work at Halls until 2-3am (unless essay/problem set due in - sometimes it was an all nighter then!)

And yes, I am incredibly sad. Why did I do it? Because the LSE give you so much work that I wasn't even able to keep on top of it all with that schedule. I'm going to try and work "smarter" next year!!

And exam period goes something like:

Arrive library around 10:00
Study until around 2-3am (or if you're by boyfriend/te nutty chinese people in my halls, until 5-6 am).
kristy888
wow how did u live
that has so seriously put me off going to lse
btw which course are u doing?

That schedule you quoted is ridiculous. Nobody normal does that here. Plenty of people at the other extreme end of the spectrum manage to get 2:1's or 1st's.
WTF..... that schedule is insane.
Reply 57
that surely is counter productive working that late at night. i for one feel that around 11pm to midnight depending on how my day was that i stop taking in as much when revising as i did during the day so i stop go to bed get a good nights sleep and wake at 9 or 10 or 11 if im very tired to revise again. your schedule is insane! plus i am confident that i will get a first overall :biggrin:

what you need to do is put the effort in during term.
Reply 58
Just to complete the monopoly.
No one sane actually does that much work - at least not in first year. There's a line between doing enough work and just being psychotic. Unfortunately I have fallen on the wrong side of doing enough work this year...cramming FTW!

Quick Reply