The Student Room Group

Sun, sex and suspicious parents - BBC Three

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by FluffyLion
The guys in episode five are from my town *cringe*. They've made a Facebook event for when the episode is aired... Also, they were given rules that they weren't allowed to break or they'd be sent home: no sex, no drugs, no fighting. Ruins it a little bit, but it is BBC.

I am guessing the people would have got paid some sort of wage, after all the kids/parents are effectively on TV.

I doubt many people would say no to the offer of being paid to be filmed on your holiday.

There must have been strict rules because definitely it was way too tame I felt, but overall it is kinda an insight. Obviously this is TV and with guys who are just out of A level's so they gotta be careful what they can show...
Reply 61
Did anyone lol at the girl in the first episode being "separated" from her friends for two hours.

Although reading the previous rules posted (that the BBC gave them) I understand why the girls said that now.
Reply 62
Can't believe that guy was from the North East. What a joke. In Ibiza, no drugs or girls and goes to see Judge Jules.
I watched this on iplayer last night. They seemed to be quite tame though, especially the girls!
What day/time is it on?
Reply 64
The boys in the second episode were all mummy's boys by the looks of it :colonhash:
Original post by fortunecookie
I watched this on iplayer last night. They seemed to be quite tame though, especially the girls!
What day/time is it on?

tuesday night at 9 on BBC3 :smile:

but yeah none of them have gone overly wild yet...cos they know the cameras on them and their parents are probably gonna end up seeing the show anyways
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 66
Lol "robert, you have seen enough", anyone else feel she was slightly loopy.

How does that guy feel? Caught by his mum in a strip club with a stripper rubbing up against him on the pole. His face was hillarious when she came through the door.
Reply 67
Original post by kebabmonk
Lol "robert, you have seen enough", anyone else feel she was slightly loopy.

How does that guy feel? Caught by his mum in a strip club with a stripper rubbing up against him on the pole. His face was hillarious when she came through the door.

Haha! Looked like such an awkward situation, why did he carry on when his parents were standing there watching, so odd
I was wondering why the holidays seemed so tame (and how that Holly girl managed to spend a week in Ibiza without having sex when she wasn't exactly, er, fussy) Show would obviously be 10x more awkward and hilarious if they weren't so restricted :colonhash: That guy dancing with the parents in Eden just made the whole episode though :ahee:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 69
I think it would be better with less restrictions and stricter parents. The whole concept is a bit strange though. I think I'd attack my parents if they followed me on holiday, hiding behind trees with binoculars and looking in my room.:s-smilie:

Original post by gingerrama
That guy dancing with the parents in Eden just made the whole episode though :ahee:

That was the funniest bit of the whole program, imo.:rofl:
I felt slightly sorry for them though. They seemed a bit...out of place.:tongue:
Reply 70
Just watched episode 1 and it seems a bit of a damp squib. The best parts were seeing the parents reaction to some of the light antics. Other than that it was a heavily watered-down and crap version of Club Reps and the like. Milly is way too reserved to feature on this type of show, particualrly when you compare her to Joe.

Original post by Jakelee
Did anyone lol at the girl in the first episode being "separated" from her friends for two hours.

Although reading the previous rules posted (that the BBC gave them) I understand why the girls said that now.

Yep! Would've been better if her parents were there.
It was so cringey when the stripper kept getting close to robert even though his mum was watching. Argh that moment seemed to last forever!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by drbluebox
What most young people do is quite extreme imo, just because it is accepted doesnt make it right i.e people think (oh its normal as its what most people do)

The majority of students these days treat university like its one big party and a time to experiment with drink, drugs and whatever else they put their mind to.

I men even many people who think they are tame and claim they only go drinking once a week/month arent quite as tame as they think.

Its hugely a generation gap sort of thing, by the time you have kids you will probably think like most of the parents.

I never said it was acceptable behaviour - personally I wouldn't go on a holiday to Magaluf etc ever. It's not my kind of thing, and I don't like drinking to excess, nightclubs etc. All the holidays I've been on with friends have been based around exploring, sightseeing etc.
I understand the parental concern, but in my opinion, the job of a parent is to bring your children up as well as you can and teach them what is and isn't acceptable behaviour so that they can be trusted to go on holiday with their friends without being followed/watched. The fact that it's being filmed for tv makes it so much worse. At least part of it must be for publicity.

I think that by 18 you should be mature enough not behave like that, that's all I'm saying. My parents let me go abroad for the first time with friends when I was younger than that, and we were perfectly sensible about it.
I'm watching it too, I enjoy it. Theyare around my age and it gives me a brief idea of what these club holidays are like cos I've never been on one.
Reply 74
Original post by theorb21
Pretty uneventful and boring... What actually happened? They didn't didn't do anything crazy. It's just a standard holiday... I was expecting some crazy partying drug-induced orgies (the girls didn't even go out much). Or, I wanted something probing and interesting; it was none of the two. BBC Three always churn out these banal documentaries aimed at naive teenagers... they get watched simply because there aren't many teenage documentaries like that... poor TV all in all.

I'd much rather hit the + channel button on my sky remote to BBC Four, and watch something about jazz, science or modern art; there are plenty of those kind of documentaries on BBC Four, and they're generally much better made.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the occasional mind-numbing entertainment, but when a documentary like that one treads the fine line between trashy TV and insightful, current documentary it falls into that perilous trap of not being able to make its mind up; therefore, it was, unfortunately a failure.

You might want to try not sounding so pretentious. It isn't appealing.
Reply 75
I think they're brilliant, however i wish they'd have put them on in Aprilish time, because after watching them now i can't wait to go to Malia in July... :biggrin:
Reply 76
i watched the show and I agree with everyone that it was far too tame. Where were the drug fuelled orgies? Parents walking in on their son taking a hit from a 2ft bong whilst getting a blowie from a hooker? Doesn't sound like a proper holiday to me.
Original post by .Heather.
I never said it was acceptable behaviour - personally I wouldn't go on a holiday to Magaluf etc ever. It's not my kind of thing, and I don't like drinking to excess, nightclubs etc. All the holidays I've been on with friends have been based around exploring, sightseeing etc.
I understand the parental concern, but in my opinion, the job of a parent is to bring your children up as well as you can and teach them what is and isn't acceptable behaviour so that they can be trusted to go on holiday with their friends without being followed/watched. The fact that it's being filmed for tv makes it so much worse. At least part of it must be for publicity.

I think that by 18 you should be mature enough not behave like that, that's all I'm saying. My parents let me go abroad for the first time with friends when I was younger than that, and we were perfectly sensible about it.

I agree with you. I can't believe the teenagers on the programme just accepted that their parents had been spying on them for the past week, most people I know would be furious! If their parents really didn't trust them to go abroad alone (opposed them just wanting to be nosy), why did they let them go in the first place?
BBC3 are really scraping round the barrel.
I liked watching it, but it made me veryyyy glad my parents didn't follow me and my group of 23 friends to Albufeira this summer!

Quick Reply

Latest