The Student Room Group
Tottenham are 1-0 up as well, darn
On the plus side, Suarez just 'left 4 defenders on their backsides'.

On the bad side, Meireles had an empty net and chose to pass it onto Friedel's scrambling palms.
****ing hell Cole is ****, gives away another needless free kick.
Reply 9963
Depressing end to the season....Desperately lack of quality in our team. We need consistency to do well.
Reply 9964
Oh well, let's see how summer goes.
Remarkable how quickly the form can change once a manager signs a long-term contract. But glad we didn't get Europa.
Not bothered. Only 6/7 of those players will start next season, and one of them is Reina.

Absolute cracker from Downing though. Ashley Young was poor, his passing was off largely, didn't put in a good show for them, or for us.

Apparently we're now out of the race for Aguero, and have now been replaced by Tottenham (:lol:).
Reply 9967
Original post by Straight up G
Not bothered. Only 6/7 of those players will start next season, and one of them is Reina.

Absolute cracker from Downing though. Ashley Young was poor, his passing was off largely, didn't put in a good show for them, or for us.

Apparently we're now out of the race for Aguero, and have now been replaced by Tottenham (:lol:).

We apparently cant afford his wages and tottenham, who have a wage limit of 60k can afford his 110k+ wages. Go figure :P
My end of season feelings. In a word; phew.

After the dismal final season under Rafa and we finished 7th, I wasn't very hopeful of doing much at all this year, then we got Roy in. He brought us our worst first half of the season for over 50 years, 3 absolute joker signings in Poulsen, Cole and Koncheskey and even had Anfield not selling out for every game. At that stage of the season, in the darkest times, I would have bitten your hand off for 6th and would of been happy to just finish top 10.

In the end we fought, played some brilliant passionate sexy football and showed our rivals that under Kenny and Steve, and with Suarez, next year we will once again be a true force to be reckoned with.

We do however still lack that illusive winger, and the left back situation is the number one issue we have to address. With these two signings, plus maybe one or two more, Liverpool, my club, will be back next year with a bang.
Original post by Stirlo
We apparently cant afford his wages and tottenham, who have a wage limit of 60k can afford his 110k+ wages. Go figure :P

I'm sure they'd be higher than 110k, especially with the higher amount of tax in England?

And tbh, I think Tottenham would change everything for him. Spurs have a lot of good players, and a few players verging on world class, like Bale, and Modric, but Aguero is truly world class. I rate him higher than Suarez and Tevez, just below Messi and Ronaldo. He can get frustrated too much, but the quality that he produces is unmatched except by Messi and Ronaldo...
I'm sure they'd be higher than 110k, especially with the higher amount of tax in England?

And tbh, I think Tottenham would change everything for him. Spurs have a lot of good players, and a few players verging on world class, like Bale, and Modric, but Aguero is truly world class. I rate him higher than Suarez and Tevez, just below Messi and Ronaldo. He can get frustrated too much, but the quality that he produces is unmatched except by Messi and Ronaldo...

He's not that good!

I wouldn't even put him on the same level as Suarez tbh.
Reply 9971
To be honest, I don't mind us not be in Europe, though I would love it, especially on how our season went. 6th isn't too bad considering this too.

At October, we were in relegation zone, we knew how Roy was getting on with us, not too good. We were only like 3 points above the relegation zone, but 12th. He also bought some ridiculous signings. Poulsen, Cole and Konchesky. Poulsen didn't play much first team football since Kenny arrived and Konchesky was loaned out to Nottm Forest, and he came back with one goal, and will possibly leave. Cole was not good in his first season with us, and I can see why Chelsea got rid. I watched the reserves vs Man U at Anfield, where Cole played, and he missed a good chance! At least though we made good signings, Miereles, Shevley.

2nd half of the season was better. Roy replaced by Kenny, who recently signed 3-year contract, along with Steve Clarke, who came in after him. He got us from relegation battle, to battle for 5th, unfortunately, we lost out last week against Spurs, and today's form possibly shows that Liverpool do not want Europa. Anyway, he brought us Suarez and Carroll, and sold Babel and Torres. Suarez has had an immediate impact and is loving life at Liverpool, scoring 4 goals in his 13 or so appearances since he joined. Carroll was injured most of the time he was with us, but he still managed two goals. Once of them possibly a goal of the month, and we were forgetting the loss of Fernando Torres, something in which would have not happened if he left in the Summer.

So all good happened during Kenny's 2nd reign as manager with us:
* Results were better
* Bought two brill players, who could scare the defence next season.
* 3 players, Kuyt, Lucas and Spearing all signed a new contract with him.
* Reina looking to stay with us, something that was opposite in Jan.
* 3 hat-tricks, Kuyt, Maxi [x2].
Original post by lazy smurf
He's not that good!

I wouldn't even put him on the same level as Suarez tbh.

I think people in Liverpool are overrating Luis a touch. Great player, cult hero, will be the league Player of the Year next year, but he's not the finished product.

Aguero is seriously good. We got Suarez for 22, Aguero is linked for 35-45. He's nowhere near twice the player Suarez is, but he is a level above, he genuinely is. Absolute top drawer. Barca and Atletico always have fantastic matches because Sergio Aguero turns up and beats the **** out of them every time. You know how Liverpool 4 - 3 Newcastle is the greatest match of the Prem era, well, Atletico 4 - 3 Barca is the greatest match of the Spanish league in the same time period, and Aguero turns up in the 90th minute with one of the best instinctive finishes you will see, unbelievable quality and control. Moving to a top club could make Aguero on the Messi/Ronaldo level, he's being held back because his team's ****.

If we got Aguero, I'd just spontaneously cum and live on a high for the next 3 months...
(edited 12 years ago)
I think people in Liverpool are overrating Luis a touch. Great player, cult hero, will be the league Player of the Year next year, but he's not the finished product.

Aguero is seriously good. We got Suarez for 22, Aguero is linked for 35-45. He's nowhere near twice the player Suarez is, but he is a level above, he genuinely is. Absolute top drawer. Barca and Atletico always have fantastic matches because Sergio Aguero turns up and beats the **** out of them every time. You know how Liverpool 4 - 3 Newcastle is the greatest match of the Prem era, well, Atletico 4 - 3 Barca is the greatest match of the Spanish league in the same time period, and Aguero turns up in the 90th minute with one of the best instinctive finishes you will see, unbelievable quality and control. Moving to a top club could make Aguero on the Messi/Ronaldo level, he's being held back because his team's ****.

If we got Aguero, I'd just spontaneously cum and live on a high for the next 3 months...

I watch a fair bit of Spanish football, if I had to do some sort of rankings on the players, I'd give Aguero 82 and Suarez 85. I don't think moving to a harder, faster and more physical league is going to improve his game any.
I watch a fair bit of Spanish football, if I had to do some sort of rankings on the players, I'd give Aguero 82 and Suarez 85. I don't think moving to a harder, faster and more physical league is going to improve his game any.

Heard the name Torres?

And btw, Fifa gives Suarez an 81, which I'd agree with, and Aguero an 85, which I'd agree with.
Heard the name Torres?

And btw, Fifa gives Suarez an 81, which I'd agree with, and Aguero an 85, which I'd agree with.

Different type of player, he was also signed to be the only star striker. We've already got two.
Different type of player, he was also signed to be the only star striker. We've already got two.

People wrote Torres off, he succeeded. If Aguero comes to this league, it will be with a top level team (realistically only Chelsea, with tiny shouts for us and City), and he will develop into one of the world's best players.

And if dropping Carroll would make Aguero play even better, I'd probably do it in a flash. Though I'd be inclined to go with a 4-3-3...

Makes my mouth water...
Reply 9977
That should go some way to calming down the idiots who had champagne on ice for next may.

Downing looked good though...
Original post by L18
That should go some way to calming down the idiots who had champagne on ice for next may.

My thoughts too. Thank god this hell hole of a season is finally over though. Been through so much, time to put it to bed and forget about it!

Devastated we won't be having any European football at Anfield next season though :frown:
Original post by L18

Downing looked good though...

Against a tired 18 year old Flanagan....

The finish was phenomenal thoguh.

Latest