The Student Room Group

Queens University Belfast Medicine Apps 2012 :D

Scroll to see replies

I must admit that this thread is very very quiet compared to others...I don't know whether this is a good or bad sign..:confused:
Does anyone know if Queens send out acknowledgment emails?
I wanna fin out how many applicants they got :frown:
Reply 62
Original post by groovyangel2008
I must admit that this thread is very very quiet compared to others...I don't know whether this is a good or bad sign..:confused:
Does anyone know if Queens send out acknowledgment emails?

Yeah they do send out acknowledgement emails, atleast they did last year. Yet to get one this year though.. Also fingers crossed it being quiet is a good thing, want less competition for the coveted places :P
Reply 63
I'm applying. :smile:

Are you all from NI? I have a secret fear I'll be the only one from Britain applying.
Reply 64
Original post by Semyon

Are you all from NI? I have a secret fear I'll be the only one from Britain applying.

Well you're not the only one :P I'm from England too... Did you go to any open days?
Original post by Semyon

Original post by E.B
Well you're not the only one :P I'm from England too... Did you go to any open days?

Fellow Britain over here :wink:

My first choice :h:
Yeah im from Britain too :smile: Im a graduate..didnt go to any open days tho
Did any of you guys go to the open days?
Reply 67
Yeah im from Britain too :smile: Im a graduate..didnt go to any open days tho
Did any of you guys go to the open days?

Unfortunately not... I forgot to check because i didn't get a prospectus from Queens- that's how i sorted out the rest- and by the time i remembered it was too late to go! Looking it up on line it looks lush though (:

Even so, any one else's comments on the general city/ uni/ med school would be really appreciated! :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by Semyon

I too applying queens. I am from Scotland and I didn't get any email from them
Reply 69
Sorry, I already applied.
Reply 70
I didn't get any email from them

I haven't either. :smile:
Reply 71
hi guys! was just wondering if any of you know how well you needed to do at GCSE to get into Medicine for QUB. i heard it was something ridiculous like 9A*s or something. Any truth in this?
Reply 72
Original post by Semyon

No I applied and I live in Wales
Original post by lizzy999
Hi :smile: I was originally from hk too :P

Hi:smile: What's mean by "originally"?:smile:
Anyone heard anything yet? Even an acknowledgement?
Reply 75
Anyone heard anything yet? Even an acknowledgement?

Nothing :frown: people will start to hear in the next 2 weeks seeing as ukcat results are released in a few days and the first interview is at the start of December :P
Reply 76
Hey guys, NI applicant here, QUB is soo competitive. I have 41 points myself, and still no acknowledgement! :frown:
Original post by d3ano
Hey guys, NI applicant here, QUB is soo competitive. I have 41 points myself, and still no acknowledgement! :frown:

How do you know its so competitive? Just going by the thread here it doesn't seem like many people have applied compared to some other threads on this site. Of course I know that not everyone who applies for medicine comes on this site but I feel like this site gives a good representation!
Reply 78
How do you know its so competitive? Just going by the thread here it doesn't seem like many people have applied compared to some other threads on this site. Of course I know that not everyone who applies for medicine comes on this site but I feel like this site gives a good representation!

QUB is, and always will be competivitive to get into. The fact that there is only one place to study Medicine and Dentistry in Northern Ireland (NI) with limited places, plus the extraordinary A-level grades achieved by NI students as well as an ever increasing quantity of graduate applicants means that competition will always be high. However, normally an estimated 25% of NI student leave to study on the mainland. Unfortunately, that will drop quite significantly this year due to the financial implications of studying in Great Britain-meaning this year should experience an increase in the number of applications to QUB overall. :s-smilie:

The activity of this thread since its inception in no way reflects the quantity of people applying for Medicine and Dentistry this year. The only thing that has changed is the quantity of people being bothered to actually post on the forum at this stage. However, I know that this thread is being eagerly watched by many people. :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by Zezi
QUB is, and always will be competivitive to get into. The fact that there is only one place to study Medicine and Dentistry in Northern Ireland (NI) with limited places, plus the extraordinary A-level grades achieved by NI students as well as an ever increasing quantity of graduate applicants means that competition will always be high. However, normally an estimated 25% of NI student leave to study on the mainland. Unfortunately, that will drop quite significantly this year due to the financial implications of studying in Great Britain-meaning this year should experience an increase in the number of applications to QUB overall. :s-smilie:

The activity of this thread since its inception in no way reflects the quantity of people applying for Medicine and Dentistry this year. The only thing that has changed is the quantity of people being bothered to actually post on the forum at this stage. However, I know that this thread is being eagerly watched by many people. :wink:

i concurr. the number of people who post on these threads is no where near or even remotely representative of the number of people who have applied for the degree program. Do not be deceived!

Quick Reply