The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gunit123
Anyone else less optimistic in the Man u game? I really fear if we don't have Vermaelen back

Lol if we don't have our Fullbacks we'll get punished, Man U and their pacy wingers love wipping in fast balls from the wings. I reckon if we're to get the better of utd we'll have to pile on a lot of pressure.
Reply 2081

With all due respect, with the 'arguably' I don't think it's too absurd a statement to make. I don't agree with it, but I wouldn't say it's a baseless or ridiculous opinion. :dontknow:
Original post by Welsh Leprecaun
I think Arsenal should try and adopt a 4-4-2 system, at least while Henry is still here. I'm thinking:

Szczesny
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs
Walcott Song Arteta Gervinho
Van Persie Henry

Gervinho is in the ACN.
Original post by Koscielny
What a load of rubbish.

Not a fan of how much praise Swansea get for their high posession which they just have in their own half.

The team is starting to look like that of the end of last season. Slow, little passion, no ergency, disrespectful of opposition, looking to RVP to score.

What will be over looked though is we are missing 15 players through injury or international duty. No full backs definetly ruining our game.

Also, Chamberlain ahead of Arshavin now for me.

Utd have had 11/12 players out at once and are still in the title race - the same should be expected of Arsenal.
Original post by jit987
Maicon is not the same player he was in 2010. Who else? Alves is the only one I can think of.

Ramos, Lahm, Alves and Maicon are miles ahead of every other RB tbh.
Original post by Abiraleft
With all due respect, with the 'arguably' I don't think it's too absurd a statement to make. I don't agree with it, but I wouldn't say it's a baseless or ridiculous opinion. :dontknow:

He's probably the best in the league, but only deluded Arsenal fans would even try and argue that he's the best in the world. He's nowhere near the level of Lahm, Ramos, Alves and Maicon.
The players that Arsenal had out are more crucial to our first team to the players Utd have out, also 11 and 15 are two different numbers.

tbf
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kevmeister
Utd have had 11/12 players out at once and are still in the title race - the same should be expected of Arsenal.

You don't even need to point this out Kev. Arsenal are clearly incapable with dealing with injuries to our key players.

Any injury to Song, Arteta, RVP, Shesney, Kos/Verm and we are pretty much a mid-table team and using injuries as an excuse is not smart as many teams are dealing with injuries as well.
Original post by Koscielny
Gervinho is in the ACN.

Yeah, I know. I just put up a full strength squad
Reply 2089
Original post by jit987
Maicon is not the same player he was in 2010. Who else? Alves is the only one I can think of.

Van der Weil, Lahm, Ramos.
Reply 2090
Original post by CB91
He's probably the best in the league, but only deluded Arsenal fans would even try and argue that he's the best in the world. He's nowhere near the level of Lahm, Ramos, Alves and Maicon.

On second thought, you're probably right: there is a bit of a gulf. :colondollar:
Original post by CB91

What has Sagna done wrong? Why is he so far apart compared to the ones listed above, I'm not saying he is at that level, but if you're just going to come into this thread to dispute things Arsenal fans say, then at least give a reason why.

I reckon Sagna would look better in a better team.
Thing is, if by the end of the season we haven't secured a Champions League place, I think Wenger will call it a day. He's always sets a minimum and a maximum target; the minimum target each season is to get Champions League football, and that's under threat more than it ever has been...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Welsh Leprecaun
Yeah, I know. I just put up a full strength squad

Wilshere?
Hahahahaha, keep looking up you gooners COYS
Reply 2095
Original post by DisconcertingWink1
Thing is, if by the end of the season we haven't secured a Champions League place, I think Wenger will call it a day. He's always sets a minimum and a maximum target; the minimum target each season is to get Champions League football, and that's under threat more than it ever has been...

I agree that this is a possibility. Also, I think that if he exits in this manner, he'll have (slightly) less of a say in who his successor will be. :holmes:
Original post by taliman
Hahahahaha, keep looking up you gooners COYS

TBF My neck has been looking down for so long one season looking up won't harm.

Hopefully it give's the rubbish in charge of AFC a new perspective and they start to see sense so that things will be back to NORMAL soon enough. Let time run its course and my neck will be back in its usual position.
We shouldn't forget that the likes of Sagna, Vermaelen, Santos, Wilshere and Gervinho are all missing. Let's not include Gibbs and Diaby because they're both made of glass. How did City function without their three key players (Kompany, Silva and Toure). They lost to Liverpool and had an abysmal performance. It's no suprise Arsenal lost this game. It could be argued Arsenal are missing five key players because the one's injured and the one at the ACN would have a big impact and won us this game. Theres also a lack of passion, some of the players at Arsenal are in it for the money.
Original post by In2deep
You don't even need to point this out Kev. Arsenal are clearly incapable with dealing with injuries to our key players.

Any injury to Song, Arteta, RVP, Shesney, Kos/Verm and we are pretty much a mid-table team and using injuries as an excuse is not smart as many teams are dealing with injuries as well.

Several have used it as an excuse already, so I thought I'd point out what Arsenal's peers have had to deal with. That's all - sometimes the obvious has to be said. :wink:
Original post by Birdman1234567
What has Sagna done wrong? Why is he so far apart compared to the ones listed above, I'm not saying he is at that level, but if you're just going to come into this thread to dispute things Arsenal fans say, then at least give a reason why.

I reckon Sagna would look better in a better team.

But so many players would look better in a better team. Sagna hasn't done anything wrong per se, but I don't believe he's one of the top players in his position on the planet, much less the top one.

Latest