The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by NitroAbdi

Has anyone seen the aurora lights last week, sigh, i couldn't see it in lonodn with all the clouds

I live way too South to see the Aurora borealis :emo:
Original post by oli_G
I like your sketch in your sig.

I've recently seen amoebae (sp?) under the microscope and they seem to have such wacky lives.

I love amoebas. I'm going to do my EPQ on them. For the interview bantz.
oMG we should have our own awards!!!
Original post by oli_G

Damn you Devon! Spiteing me once again!
Reply 64
Original post by oli_G

I expected you to say the latin or scientific term, :tongue:.
Thats too bad
Thats too bad

He could have said 'northern lights' :P and I'm pretty sure there isn't a true Latin term the Romans didn't go that far north :lol:
Reply 66
Original post by AspiringGenius
No, but my mum whose from Glasgow says she seen them a few times :moon:

I want to go to Svalbard and see them!

Wow, intresting, I no relatives in the north and even if i had any they will think its some sought of light show
Reply 67
He could have said 'northern lights' :P and I'm pretty sure there isn't a true Latin term the Romans didn't go that far north :lol:

Yeh, he could have.. Thanks, i might just wiki that
Reply 68
What's everyone not looking forward to the most, when the application process starts really sinking in?
Me, BMAT because I'm hoping to apply for London unis :redface:
Original post by Jemine1
What's everyone not looking forward to the most, when the application process starts really sinking in?

Weirdo. :L

I'm looking forward to getting an offer from Oxford because, well, Im just that amazing. :sexface:

To the negger: I was joking, I know I won't get an offer. Fail.
(edited 12 years ago)
Why am I so tired!? It's actually ridiculous...I suppose I shall go sleep...need to get up for college in the morning unfortunately!! Night guys :smile:
Reply 71

I'm looking forward to getting an offer from Oxford because, well, Im just that amazing. :sexface:

It'll be hilarious if they send a rejection, citing "Grand, grand lack of awesomeness":cool:
However will you go on?!? :O
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 72

Really, i thought you more of Cambridge, well hope for the best

Original post by Jemine1

I definitely apply to Barts and London, and Imperial. But UCL might depending on my mood after exam results day :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope
Why am I so tired!? It's actually ridiculous...I suppose I shall go sleep...need to get up for college in the morning unfortunately!! Night guys :smile:

See ya
Reply 74

I definitely apply to Barts and London, and Imperial. But UCL might depending on my mood after exam results day :P

Are you considering any others?
Reply 75
Original post by Jemine1
Are you considering any others?

Newcastle, southampton, as my 2nd ukcat option. I really nervous of leaving london.:redface: a big change in life
Original post by Jemine1
It'll be hilarious if they send a rejection, citing "Grand, grand lack of awesomeness":cool:
However will you go on?!? :O

You nknowing that girl who sent a rejection letter?

She prophesized about the coming of me and thought to do it before I could.
Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope

Night! :moon:

Well I don't know, my GCSEs are a bit below Oxfords average and I'm almost sure my AS results will be -_-

May not bother and save my dignity...
Reply 77

Thats too bad

:P
Has anybody been volunteering in a care home? I've started a few days ago at a local care home but I dunno I felt sort of awkward and even a bit anxious working there :s-smilie:

Maybe it's because I need time to settle down (never really had experience in dealing with the elderly before) but I don't know how to speak to the residents, or what exactly to talk to them about (I feel like I might offend them or something). They all seem to talk about things that happened 50/60 years ago so I wouldn't be able to join in with their conversation anyway.

Has anybody been in a similar situation ? Could you tell me how you dealt with it and how I should go about this? Thanks :redface:
Original post by oli_G
:P

We have a lot of poking tongues out on this thread.

We are going to be fantastic medics...

Omg we should have thread awards! For the banter!