The Student Room Group

Claredale House

Anyone who's stayed there before or who's staying there this summer - how strict are they on overnight guests? Says in the FAQ on their website that they're not allowed although it doesn't mention anything in the licence agreement to this effect.
Reply 1
OP's gonna be slaying pussy
Reply 2
Original post by _Gnasher_
OP's gonna be slaying pussy

I didn't see the "n" in your name first time I read it. Was pretty relevant :P
Reply 3
Stayed at Claredale last summer. Rules are pretty relaxed about overnight guests and stuff, as long as you are not too loud and disturbing others! Lots of interns generally stay for the summers.. so a good place to network too.
I'm booked in to stay there this summer! Is anyone else going to be there??
Reply 5
What the hell is Claredale house, and how is this IB related?
Reply 6
Original post by fail@maths
What the hell is Claredale house, and how is this IB related?

Banks suggest interns stay there over the summer.

Seems like a legit question to ask here imo.
Reply 7
Why have you all picked Claredale over Sir John Cass (Genuine question :smile: ) ?
Reply 8
Original post by The_Don_123
Why have you all picked Claredale over Sir John Cass (Genuine question :smile: ) ?

They're not hugely different but it comes down to location really... Cass is a bus ride away from Bethnal Green tube station whereas Claredale is a 5/10 minute walk. It's within cycling distance of Canary Wharf too. Plus Cass works out as being slightly more expensive.
Reply 9
Original post by campbeco
They're not hugely different but it comes down to location really... Cass is a bus ride away from Bethnal Green tube station whereas Claredale is a 5/10 minute walk. It's within cycling distance of Canary Wharf too. Plus Cass works out as being slightly more expensive.

Yeah but Cass is a straight bus to the wharf (277) whilst Claredale you have to change don't you?

Also, Cass looks to be a shorter taxi drive (presumably due to the A road linking it to Canary Wharf)?
Reply 10
I know there is a very easy bus that goes right to St. Pauls for all the people working in the mile itself straight outside Claredale.

Don't know about Cass though, I was recommended Claredale by friends and have been there before too so it seemed a good choice! Relatively cheap too compared to the rest of London.
Reply 11
Original post by The_Don_123
Yeah but Cass is a straight bus to the wharf (277) whilst Claredale you have to change don't you?

Also, Cass looks to be a shorter taxi drive (presumably due to the A road linking it to Canary Wharf)?

True but that bus is timetabled to take about 40 mins in rush hour and with the Olympics that could be far more. Wouldn't be worth the hassle really. From Bethnal Green via Bank it's 20 mins.

And given that anytime you take a taxi it would be after 10pm I doubt the difference there would be all that much.
Original post by Gigabeef
I know there is a very easy bus that goes right to St. Pauls for all the people working in the mile itself straight outside Claredale.

Don't know about Cass though, I was recommended Claredale by friends and have been there before too so it seemed a good choice! Relatively cheap too compared to the rest of London.

Which bus goes straight to St.Pauls? And do you know how long it usually takes?

EDIT: Found it, dw. Bus 26, 24 mins to City Thameslink
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by hannahfuller
I'm booked in to stay there this summer! Is anyone else going to be there??

Hey!
I'm booked there for this summer also, just paid my deposit.
Are you doing an internship?
For the City it will be fine as Bethnal Green is 5mins walk and the bus round the corner is also an easy option
Reply 15
i'm interested in this accomodation.
I have some questions: so how many rooms share the same bathrooms? How many bathrooms for every group of rooms? were the kitchens/bathrooms relatively clean?
How is the area?

Quick Reply