The Student Room Group

how to drink vodka without tasting it?

Does anyone know how to dink vodka and coke without tasting it. Is it possible i can eat a sweet before so i cant taste it? like whethers orginals? would that work?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Cut off your tongue.
Reply 2
put a dash of lime in it or something, or drink it really quick :wink:
Reply 3
im not sure why youd want to drink vodka and coke without tasting it? the whole point of adding coke is to taste it... but none the less, eating a whethers original will have little to no effect on it .. theyre not especially strong sweets. holding your nose whilst drinking it should do the trick. also [well i know this works with straight vodka] chilling it in the freezer gets rid of the taste but i have no idea if that would work since theres coke in it..
but if you dont want to taste it not drinking it in the first place is easiest..
Vodka and lemonade literally tastes like lemonade :smile:
If it's double vodka than you will taste it more though, same if it's a crap lemonade (so non of that supermarket own brand 18p a bottle sh*t)

Happy drunking :tongue:
Reply 5
Vodka tastes of something?
If you don't want to taste the vodka then use Vodka & an NRG drink, you can go 50/50 with that stuff.
Vodka and energy drink is the best way imo.
I mean its easy to drink vodka and monster in a 1:1 ratio so be careful!

However if you want to be a little more classy a screwdriver (OJ and vodka) is also alright.

Also you can chill the vodka and then drink shots of it with a nice chaser (coke, energy drink, anything really)
But vodka always makes me wonder, why would you want to drink vodka with all the other excellent drinks out there?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by sex18
Does anyone know how to dink vodka and coke without tasting it. Is it possible i can eat a sweet before so i cant taste it? like whethers orginals? would that work?

1. Get used to the taste.
or
2. Don't drink it.
Coke is a very bad mixer for hiding the taste, I like coke but put vodka in it and it tastes horrible. You should use orange juice, you can put a lot in without tasting it at all. If your aim is to get drunk then put half double concentrate squash and half vodka (no water) and down it. You can hardly taste the vodka.
Keeping vodka in the fridge apparently makes the taste a lot nicer (I also know some people who keep it in the freezer and that works really well!)
Drink it regularly and you'll get used to the taste. I find if I don't drink it for a couple of weeks then it starts to taste disgusting and I have to build up my tolerance again. It's a vicious cycle, really.
The colder the drink the less you'll taste the vodka (in my experience) so ask for lots of ice in your drink, drink it quickly as well, don't let it hang around in your mouth for long, the faster you swallow it the less you'll taste it. Other than that I have no tips, been drinking vodka for at least 7 years and I've grown used to the taste. I can happily drink a triple vodka and coke or even a quadruple vodka and coke, but when I first started drinking I thought it tasted horrible.
Original post by *Funny*Bunny*
Keeping vodka in the fridge apparently makes the taste a lot nicer (I also know some people who keep it in the freezer and that works really well!)

Keeping it in the freezer it the way forward. Only trouble is, you have to keep getting up to get it out.
Reply 14
Take shots of it through your eye. D;
most overpowering mixer is probably something like Monster energy drink, cordial or lemon/lime juice.

Another possible option if you're disliking the taste of vodka you've tried is to see if you like a more upmarket brand. So instead of Smirnoff and the like, something like Grey goose or Belvedere.

Otherwise in a similar price change, see if you prefer the taste of something like Zubrowka.

Realistically though since you probably don't want to pay a premium, I'd just mix it with Monster, especially the orange can I tried recently, it was like I was drinking orange sherbet, it could probably mask anything.
Reply 16
The point of the coke is that you don't taste the vodka. If it's not working for you try orange juice or an energy drink or something.
Reply 17
Vodka with soda and a slice of lemon or
vodka with apple taste and apple juice are my new favourites!
Reply 18
Vodka with soda and a slice of lemon or
vodka with apple taste and apple juice are my new favourites!
Reply 19
Try the flavoured vodka? The pub in my hometown does Blueberry Vodka and Coke for 99p on Thursdays. :coma:

Quick Reply

Latest