The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Williamson, Tuke & Butler vs Wedderburn and Runnymede

Hi,
I know there is already a thread for accommodation but it to dispersive. Having an unconditional offer I was wondering which of the self-catered accommodation is the best in term of room size, toilettes, and social life, internet connection etc etc.... and in general which one is best between the two of them?
Does anyone know anything about it ?
I wouldn't recommend runnymede in comparison to WTB and WB. In Williamson, Tuke, Butler, Wedderburn and Gower the rooms are exactly the same - double beds, massive bathrooms, huge kitchens. However, if you want a short walk, you're best off trying to get Williamson Tuke or Butler.

Internet connection is fine everywhere. It gets a bit slow in the evening.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by wanderlust.xx
I wouldn't recommend runnymede in comparison to WTB and WB. In Williamson, Tuke, Butler, Wedderburn and Gower the rooms are exactly the same - double beds, massive bathrooms, huge kitchens. However, if you want a short walk, you're best off trying to get Williamson Tuke or Butler.

Internet connection is fine everywhere. It gets a bit slow in the evening.

thanks..
I lived in Runnymede in first year - didn't find it very sociable, and have heard others say the same. It's a bit skanky too - especially compared to the newer halls. I live in Gowar now (third year) and love it - but would prefer Williamson etc., because, as mentioned above, it's a little bit more of a walk to Gowar (but I'm just being lazy :colondollar:)
Reply 4
Williamson, Tuke & Butler, and Wedderburn & Gowar are pretty much the same except that the the first is closer to founders, the hub, the back gate, while the later is closer to the sports centre and the sports fields... then again it's only a 3-5 minute walk difference and the social life in both are great :P
Other than that - I believe wanderlust covered pretty much everything.
(except that internet is slow at time when most people are on - eg the evening :P)
Reply 5
I've firmed rhul for next year and I was just wondering if anybody had any photos of WTB? As on all my visit days I haven't been able to look at them - only a friends' disabled room which is obviously going to be much bigger than standard!
I was also wondering about the bathrooms: are they wet-rooms like GW or do they have actual shower thingies like in Reid etc?
If anyone could help that'd be great thanks :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by cerysb
I've firmed rhul for next year and I was just wondering if anybody had any photos of WTB? As on all my visit days I haven't been able to look at them - only a friends' disabled room which is obviously going to be much bigger than standard!
I was also wondering about the bathrooms: are they wet-rooms like GW or do they have actual shower thingies like in Reid etc?

I can confirm that the bathrooms (and indeed the rooms) are identical to Gowar and Wedderburn
Reply 7
Original post by cerysb

There are some photos of WTB on the first page of this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1198526

Quick Reply

Latest