The Student Room Group

Tea Society

Scroll to see replies

I'm a bit particular about how I take my tea, I get called a tea snob a lot too -_-

If I'm depressed I take a lot of sugar and soya milk in English breakfast. If it's Earl Grey I'll only drink it with lemon, occasionally with a bit of sugar. If it's Lapsang it's lemon again. If it's mint I like it strong, and the same for roobios/liquorice tea. And I much prefer loose leaf to bags. <3

We just got a few new bags of tea in - Early Grey with dried lemon & orange peel and a new Moroccan mint. Mmm.
Original post by Aemiliana
I got some presents today :awesome:

IMG_0168.jpg

Oh ho, let me know what that "Rose Garden" tastes like. I'm tempted to buy :teeth:
I love tea.

Peppermint, milky, half a teaspoon of suger!
Original post by Stray_talk
Oh ho, let me know what that "Rose Garden" tastes like. I'm tempted to buy :teeth:

Like summery heaven in a cup. It's my favourite tea without milk.
Original post by Cerdog
Completely agree. Just had a nice cup of Assam tea. More people should drink tea out of pint-sized mugs, it lasts so much longer. :tea:

All my 'favourite mugs' have one thing in common: they are the largest!

My parents own this ridiculously oversized 'soup mug' which is almost a 2-hander and whenever I visit, it's the first mug I reach for! :tongue:
I drink rose tea black with 1 sugar
really overpriced in supermarkets.
cheaper to buy from tea shops or gift shops with a home or drinks section

The smell is amazing sadly its a weak tea so you must use lots.
Original post by Yellow_Watermelon
I drink rose tea black with 1 sugar
really overpriced in supermarkets.
cheaper to buy from tea shops or gift shops with a home or drinks section

The smell is amazing sadly its a weak tea so you must use lots.

Can't you just steep it for a longer time? That's what I do with Darjeeling :yep:
Yea if it's weak just steep it longer, about double the time.
Original post by Rakas21
I love tea.

Peppermint, milky, half a teaspoon of suger!

Wait, what? Am I being thick or do you honestly take milk in peppermint tea? :confused:
Original post by twinlensreflex
Wait, what? Am I being thick or do you honestly take milk in peppermint tea? :confused:

I've done it before. It actually tastes really good, but it does terrible things to your stomach :afraid:
Milk goes with everything, my stomach was fine.
Original post by Paul McCartney
I've done it before. It actually tastes really good, but it does terrible things to your stomach :afraid:

O.o I can imagine. I guess it'd be a heck of a lot worse given that I only drink soya milk :smile:
I love a cup of Earl Grey in the morning :tea:
Original post by Paul McCartney
I love a cup of Earl Grey in the morning :tea:

:five: Earl Grey is amazing!
It's always got to be Earl Grey for me, with a splash of milk.

I'll occasionally have peppermint - although I've gone off it a bit - or be more experimental in cafes.
Sat in the library, missing my rooibos :sad:
I must invest in a thermos flask.
Original post by Loz17
Sat in the library, missing my rooibos :sad:
I must invest in a thermos flask.

Yes! Definitely! They are amazing!
Original post by Captain Jack

I'll occasionally have peppermint - although I've gone off it a bit - or be more experimental in cafes.

A man after my own heart. I know you're supposed to have Earl Grey with lemon and no milk but I need it!
Hats off to you, sir!
Original post by Captain Jack

:yep: it needs a tiny bit of milk!
Twinings English breakfast, strong with a dash of milk and 2 sugars. This right here people, is heaven

Quick Reply

Latest