The Student Room Group

Tea Society

Scroll to see replies

I've been a bit of traitor and gone for coffee this morning :redface:

I always used to have soya milk in my Earl Grey, but I tend to make it fairly weak so it just ended up being hot milk. Lemon and sugar is the way forward :smile:
I moved the rest of my tea out of my kitchen cupboard and into my room. Not only do I now have loads of room for food in the kitchen, it also forced me to address the fact that I don't have enough tea. :teehee: Actually, I have 33 boxes of the stuff, but I'm missing some that I'd like to have. :teehee: Yes, yes, I have a problem.
Reply 2562
Just ordered this from Dilmah. It's a little expensive once you include shipping, but their Earl Grey bags are the best I've ever tasted (including loose leaf), which is saying something. I don't doubt the rest will be as delicious.
Reply 2563
Strong,milk, no sugar!
can i join? :h:

currently in my collection are:

english breakfast, earl grey, lady grey, darjeeling, assam, ceylon, chai, camomile, peppermint, green tea, green tea with lemon, green tea with blueberries and raspberries, apple and blackberry, jasmine, white tea, raspberry strawberry and loganberry, and a couple more fruity ones i cant remember :tongue:

my favourites atm are lady grey, green tea with lemon and peppermint :smile:

also, big tip for anybody with tummy problems (eg; IBS/crohn's) - peppermint tea is both delicious to drink and soothing for your tummy :biggrin:
Original post by laurie:)
can i join? :h:

currently in my collection are:

english breakfast, earl grey, lady grey, darjeeling, assam, ceylon, chai, camomile, peppermint, green tea, green tea with lemon, green tea with blueberries and raspberries, apple and blackberry, jasmine, white tea, raspberry strawberry and loganberry, and a couple more fruity ones i cant remember :tongue:

my favourites atm are lady grey, green tea with lemon and peppermint :smile:

also, big tip for anybody with tummy problems (eg; IBS/crohn's) - peppermint tea is both delicious to drink and soothing for your tummy :biggrin:

:five:

Just made a huge pot of loose-leaf Lady Grey :yep:
Is there a coffee group? I bought Mum 300g of Vanilla French coffee for Mother's Day and it's highly addictive.
It's a bit like drinking hot Baileys mmmmm... ^_^
Just bought some Vanilla Chai: has anyone tried it? :smile:
Oh hello, I didn't see you there, Mr. Tea Society! :hat2:

Joining might make up for the imminent death of my of lemon & ginger, lemon green, orange & mango & cinnamon, cranberry & cinnamon supplies.

Luckily, I still have Caribbean, green, blackcurrant & apple, cherry and ginger & orange chai left
:tee:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2569
I love myself a good old 'cuppa! Nice and strong, little bit of milk and a tinkling of sugar.
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Just bought some Vanilla Chai: has anyone tried it? :smile:

I have, its gorgeous! :love:

On another note, recently tried a mango and lychee tea, its really nice actually :smile:
Original post by GirasoleL
I have, its gorgeous! :love:

On another note, recently tried a mango and lychee tea, its really nice actually :smile:

How do you take your vanilla chai?
I'm finding it quite hard to get used to?
Original post by LickOfPaint
Is there a coffee group? I bought Mum 300g of Vanilla French coffee for Mother's Day and it's highly addictive.
It's a bit like drinking hot Baileys mmmmm... ^_^
There's the caffeine society, here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1802 :smile:
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
How do you take your vanilla chai?
I'm finding it quite hard to get used to?

Well, I keep it fairly well brewed, no milk, no sugar.
Are you finidng it quite strong? Because you try brewing it for less long and then once you get used to it you could keep it in for longer :smile:
Original post by GirasoleL
Well, I keep it fairly well brewed, no milk, no sugar.
Are you finidng it quite strong? Because you try brewing it for less long and then once you get used to it you could keep it in for longer :smile:

I'm not sure...I think its because there are a lot of different tastes in it! Nice though :smile:
Just had cold tea with two packets of M&Ms...
(edited 12 years ago)
:w00t::woo: Tea society!!!!!!
omg i couldnt live without tea. strong, milk, 1 sugar.
not a massive fan of other sorts of tea....i have earl grey (well....ive had the same packet for about a year and im half way through lol), earl grey with peach, cherry and jasmin, varying sorts of green tea - actually the most vile tasting thing in the world, which is why i have so many different sorts, to see if adding another flavour makes it drinkable....it doesnt, well unless you like green tea in the first place anyway lol! give me a cup of yorkshire anyday! im not a fan of pg tips or typhoo though, they are my emergency backup supplies now lol!
i really want to like fruit and herbal teas but i just dont :frown: they always smell absolutely amazing but then i find they taste either really weak/watery or they are bitter. im probably just really terrible at brewing them or something lol!

but yeah....go tea!!
Original post by POWCATTY
i really want to like fruit and herbal teas but i just dont :frown: they always smell absolutely amazing but then i find they taste either really weak/watery or they are bitter. im probably just really terrible at brewing them or something lol!

I used to think this!
That was when I was 'starting out' and only steeped things for a minute or two.
Now, I just don't take the tea bags/strainer out of the water until the very last drop -- and it's bliss!
Original post by POWCATTY

but yeah....go tea!!

I think this too. They always smell divine but the taste is far from it. Makes me terrible sad :puppyeyes:
I think we're just destined to like proper tea :moon:
I'm going to have a wonderful cup of tea now, I feel rough :puppyeyes: maybe that will make me feel better.

I shall drink that whilst putting my feet up in front of the telly :h:

Quick Reply

Latest