The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University September 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
My first choice of accommodation is Allensbank (I'll be studying Occupational Therapy) :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Reply 62
Hey :smile:
anyone studying geography or planning ? :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by Blawrf
Firmed Cardiff last week for Biology w/ preliminary (foundation) year. Applied for Talybont South/Court/North in that order!

Anyone else on above course, or on any prelim. year course?

Hey, I firmed it for Biomedical science, so for the first year I assume we'll be doing the same modules. Can't wait! I went for all of the talys first as well
Reply 64
Original post by welshfrankie
What're you applying for and where else did you apply? :tongue:

Ahhh I just firmed Cardiff and insurance with Hudderfield :smile:

Applied for various English Language courses at Aston, Sunderland and Coventry aswell .

How about you? Like what've you applied for and where? Have you replied to offers etc? :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by James T :)
Hey :smile:
anyone studying geography or planning ? :smile:

I'm hopefully doing Geography and Planning this year! If I get the grades etc..
What about you? :smile:
Reply 66
Anyone studying maths? and what accommodation after the talybont ones are the best?
Reply 67
Original post by ctfc1
Anyone studying maths? and what accommodation after the talybont ones are the best?

I'm studying maths :smile:
Reply 68
hi,

are their any postgraduete students. I will do the ll.m. in international commercial law
Original post by sophiew121
Ahhh I just firmed Cardiff and insurance with Hudderfield :smile:

Applied for various English Language courses at Aston, Sunderland and Coventry aswell .

How about you? Like what've you applied for and where? Have you replied to offers etc? :smile:

I've firmed Cardiff for English Literature :biggrin: Southampton as my Insurance. Also applied to Exeter, Exeter Cornwall Campus & Loughborough but I knew Cardiff was the right place for me :biggrin:

What's your plans for accommodation?
Reply 70
Original post by JD_94
I'm studying maths :smile:

What accommodation are you wanting?
Reply 71
Original post by Karm
Which campus will you be studying at?

Economics is part of the Cardiff Business School situated at the Main Campus.
Reply 72
Original post by ctfc1
What accommodation are you wanting?

Hopefully Taly Court or South or Senghennydd Court. You?
Reply 73
I've got an offer for medicine from cardiff but waiting on bristol to see if i get an offer from there before I firm/insurance cardiff. I really like the look of Taly South and have heard it's one of the more social/party accomodations and was just wondering if it's literally like going out numerous nights a weeks all year long etc. Because I really do want to be in a social accomodation (plus its near the sports centre :smile: ) but i know i'll have a lot of work to do, especially as the year goes on so I just don't want it to be too over the top
Original post by Alyss05
I've got an offer for medicine from cardiff but waiting on bristol to see if i get an offer from there before I firm/insurance cardiff. I really like the look of Taly South and have heard it's one of the more social/party accomodations and was just wondering if it's literally like going out numerous nights a weeks all year long etc. Because I really do want to be in a social accomodation (plus its near the sports centre :smile: ) but i know i'll have a lot of work to do, especially as the year goes on so I just don't want it to be too over the top

Hi, it seems like we're in the same position but I've applied for pharmacy and have been given an offer so I'm now looking at accommodation. I also want somewhere that is really sociable/party scene but with the amount of work the course consists of I don't want to fall behind. So would the Taly's be a good option?
Reply 75
Original post by hollybanolly
Hi, it seems like we're in the same position but I've applied for pharmacy and have been given an offer so I'm now looking at accommodation. I also want somewhere that is really sociable/party scene but with the amount of work the course consists of I don't want to fall behind. So would the Taly's be a good option?

From what I've heard the talys would definitely be the best option in terms of being social and meeting lots of new people and being social :smile: so I know if I firm Cardiff I'm going to go for tally south first (bc it's closer to town) then tally north (bc it's more social than tally court apparently) and then tally court bc it's still part of the tally complex :smile: I think if you're quite worried about getting sufficient work done then tally north isn't as loud at night/evening as tally south bc it's a bit further from town so that might be a good equal ground for you?
Original post by Alyss05
From what I've heard the talys would definitely be the best option in terms of being social and meeting lots of new people and being social :smile: so I know if I firm Cardiff I'm going to go for tally south first (bc it's closer to town) then tally north (bc it's more social than tally court apparently) and then tally court bc it's still part of the tally complex :smile: I think if you're quite worried about getting sufficient work done then tally north isn't as loud at night/evening as tally south bc it's a bit further from town so that might be a good equal ground for you?

Thank you for your help :smile: its just trying to figure out the pro's and con's for each one. I suppose I am there to learn but I want the whole uni experience and not just stay in my room revising (i'm not that sort of person to do that anyway much sooner be out enjoying myself!) But Tally south sounds perfect for me, close to the city and very sociable. Well any of the Tally's sound great!
What course are you applying for? :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by hollybanolly
Thank you for your help :smile: its just trying to figure out the pro's and con's for each one. I suppose I am there to learn but I want the whole uni experience and not just stay in my room revising (i'm not that sort of person to do that anyway much sooner be out enjoying myself!) But Tally south sounds perfect for me, close to the city and very sociable. Well any of the Tally's sound great!
What course are you applying for? :smile:

I think we'll be pretty happy wherever we end up tbh :smile: Plus we start off with freshers so all uni students go out and you'll make friends on your course as well as flat mates so im sure we'll be fine. It'll still be nerve wracking at first though wont it? haha. I've got an offer to do medicine there but im waiting on bristol to see if i get an offer before i firm/insurance cardiff. What course are you going for?
Architectural engineering anyone?
Reply 79
firmed cardiff for dentistry, taly south as first choice. got mates there who says its great

Quick Reply

Latest