The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mess.
Seems pretty pointless considering Arsenal haven't won anything themselves :dontknow

But thats not the point of the picture is it. If you cant get it then I seriously feel for you.
Wheres "AreYouDizzyBlud"?? Am I the only one that remembers his talk at the beginning of the season? Liverpool were meant to be title challengers etc? What happened? Top half if lucky haha.
Aaron Ramsey went to my school. I met him once while I was going to the toilet during a lesson and he was on the corridor talking to a teacher about the old days.

Just putting that out there.
Original post by All Black Everything
Wheres "AreYouDizzyBlud"?? Am I the only one that remembers his talk at the beginning of the season? Liverpool were meant to be title challengers etc? What happened? Top half if lucky haha.

Perhaps he was a bit dizzee, blud.
I can see what Mess is saying. If he would have stayed at Arsenal he wouldn't have won the trophies he was looking for, he hasn't so far this season at Man City but they have come pretty close. As he said, I don't think it would be a risky bet to say Man City will win something soon, certainly before Arsenal will. Long term he's right.
Original post by doggyfizzel
I can see what Mess is saying. If he would have stayed at Arsenal he wouldn't have won the trophies he was looking for, he hasn't so far this season at Man City but they have come pretty close. As he said, I don't think it would be a risky bet to say Man City will win something soon, certainly before Arsenal will. Long term he's right.

Mess just came to troll without an actual point. If you cannot see why Arsenal fans made pics and laughed at him etc then I cant help you. Simple football banter. Every fan of every club do it.
Reply 8326

Original post by Miracle Day
Aaron Ramsey went to my school. I met him once while I was going to the toilet during a lesson and he was on the corridor talking to a teacher about the old days.

Just putting that out there.

I remember reading these 2 posts like a week or two ago :s-smilie:
or very similar.
Nasri has been very poor for City though. Even if they won something it wouldn't have much meeaning for him.

Djimi Traore won the CL with Liverpool.
Nasri looks like a middle aged, french, lesbian. It's hard not to hate him.
If you cannot see why Arsenal fans made pics and laughed at him etc then I cant help you. Simple football banter. Every fan of every club do it.
I know its banter, it just doesn't make sense, its like Liverpool fans laughing at City for not winning the league, like United fans laughing at them for going out in the group stages. You can't laugh if you are in the same position. If Arsenal won a trophy, then I could see the joke, but the joke currently is, "You're in the same position as us, but earning a truck load of cash LOL!"
I know its banter, it just doesn't make sense, its like Liverpool fans laughing at City for not winning the league, like United fans laughing at them for going out in the group stages. You can't laugh if you are in the same position. If Arsenal won a trophy, then I could see the joke, but the joke currently is, "You're in the same position as us, but earning a truck load of cash LOL!"

Perhaps a new meme about wanting to leave to win trophies but turning down United for City would be more fitting... care to oblige? :wink:

No, the point is that he left us 'to win trophies' at man city. Its not that hard to get really.
The main reason I dislike Nasri so much is that in footballing terms, his decision to leave us was clearly the wrong one. For us at times he looked like he could be a world class player. At City he has been so average. It's a pity to see such a potentially great talent being wasted. He got worse at City because he isn't played every week and he doesn't fit into their system as well. If Nasri was able to keep up his form for us and stayed this season, think how amazing the partnership of him playing just off RVP would have been.
Original post by De Chirico
Perhaps a new meme about wanting to leave to win trophies but turning down United for City would be more fitting... care to oblige? :wink:
Oh yeah, I can see how he could get mocked about that, he wanted to win trophies and picked the wrong Manchester club. I'm not really bothered though, I'd prefer Modric anyway.

Original post by word2yamother
No, the point is that he left us 'to win trophies' at man city. Its not that hard to get really.
Its been one season. How many more trophy-less season do you think they will have? As a United fan, I didn't think we were favorites for the title this year, probably not next year if City spend heavily again. I just think long term he's right. City have the best squad in the league, United have the best manager.

No then surely the joke is; "You left us because you said that you were moving to a club in a much better position than us and in the end you ended up in the same position. What happened to winning the title?"
City have the best squad depth offensively, United probably have the best squad depth defensively although City's LB slot is pretty strong.
Original post by marcusmerehay
City have the best squad depth offensively, United probably have the best squad depth defensively although City's LB slot is pretty strong.

Depth wise really strong I would say. But no outstanding LB in that position if you ask me.
Potential 9 match ban for Balotelli according to espn:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1047291/man-city's-mario-balotelli-facing-nine-match-ban-if-charged-by-fa?cc=5739

I used to find his antics quite entertaining but let's face it he doesn't do himself any favours. Think City will be better off without the constant disruption he causes. Also that tackle on Song could so easily have been a broken leg, it looks like Song took his weight off it slightly a split second before the impact. Very lucky escape.
If City win the premiership next year all you guys will look like cocks.
Original post by rainbow_kisses
If City win the premiership next year all you guys will look like cocks.

Good observation there, well done. You can speculate about anything but it dosen't really mean **** till it actually happens does it?

Latest