The Student Room Group

AS Geography Unit 1; Human: Population Change Revision Cards

I made revision cards for the Population Change section of the AS Geography Unit 1 exam, and thought I would share them on here. Hopefully they're helpful to someone else as well as me!
I've made sure that all of the slides match the specification given by AQA.
Reply 1
Thanks for this :smile:
Original post by LarsaSolidor
I made revision cards for the Population Change section of the AS Geography Unit 1 exam, and thought I would share them on here. Hopefully they're helpful to someone else as well as me!
I've made sure that all of the slides match the specification given by AQA.

Thanks for the revision cards :smile:

Just got a few questions.

It says we need case studies of countries at different stages of development, so China before the one-child policy would be stage 2? And now it's stage 4? Whereas France is stage 5?

And in the spec, it doesn't mention anything about Malthus/Boserup/Club of Rome, but we were taught it. Do you think I should revise it?

Reply 3
I've just been checking through, it would appear that Malthus/Boserup... etc are a common theme for many of the Geography units, so it can't hurt to learn them.

I think my GG teacher took the countries at different stages of development to mean an MEDC and an LEDC, hence France and China..?

It might be helpful to look at some past exam papers to see how the content relates to the questions they're going to ask you.
I've just been checking through, it would appear that Malthus/Boserup... etc are a common theme for many of the Geography units, so it can't hurt to learn them.

I think my GG teacher took the countries at different stages of development to mean an MEDC and an LEDC, hence France and China..?

It might be helpful to look at some past exam papers to see how the content relates to the questions they're going to ask you.

Yeah, I think I may learn then, but I haven't seen Simon/Club of Rome come up before though :redface:

Yeah, I have seen the types of question they ask, and it's generally related to how successful/evaluate the policies to control population growth.

How are you finding Unit 1? It seems that Unit 2 is a lot easier than 1 :/ And there is so much content for Unit 1 :/
Reply 5
It's really, really hard, I'm having to learn a new type of exam technique because these papers are like nothing that I've ever seen before. If the spec was a little more clear about EXACTLY what it wants us to learn it would make targeting revision a lot easier. Biology and Chemistry have specifications that are broken right down.
Reply 6
Thanks for the revision cards :smile: Is that everything we need to know for Population?
It's really, really hard, I'm having to learn a new type of exam technique because these papers are like nothing that I've ever seen before. If the spec was a little more clear about EXACTLY what it wants us to learn it would make targeting revision a lot easier. Biology and Chemistry have specifications that are broken right down.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, just going through energy at the moment, and the specification if just so vague :frown: Well biology isn't as good, but the chemistry spec is really informative...

How's your geography revision going?
Reply 8
Pretty useful, thanks for these.
Does anyone here do Energy as the optional human topic? If so, do you know what they mean by "case studies at national scale of two contrasting approaches to managing energy supply and demand". I don't think we did this in class :/ Which case studies were you taught about?
Reply 10
Original post by MedicalMayhem
Does anyone here do Energy as the optional human topic? If so, do you know what they mean by "case studies at national scale of two contrasting approaches to managing energy supply and demand". I don't think we did this in class :/ Which case studies were you taught about?

we were taught about China and the UK

btw what do you think you'll get in May...i hope its gonna be easy :P
Original post by Man-Utd
we were taught about China and the UK

btw what do you think you'll get in May...i hope its gonna be easy :P

Hm, so about their energy mixes and why their energy mix is like that? What points did you cover for them?

I'm trying not to 'guess' my grades, but hopefully not too bad :tongue: Yeah, low grade boundaries please! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by MedicalMayhem
Hm, so about their energy mixes and why their energy mix is like that? What points did you cover for them?

I'm trying not to 'guess' my grades, but hopefully not too bad :tongue: Yeah, low grade boundaries please! :biggrin:

if you have the AQA textbook...its in there...not specifically the comparision between UK and China but the general info and stuff :P
Reply 13
I don't know if they're useful to you, but I made flashcards to help me revise for this exam. If anyone wants them I've uploaded them to Google Drive:

Find them here:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8cBMJBBz8KjRklIZE9oT0lHY2s
Reply 14
these revision cards are brilliant thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending