The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maclondon
Ha! well its not all balck and blue today
and i can hobble about - off work today keeping it rested and elevated.

should be fine by the weekend.

Though I may have to reconsider playing touch rugby every week for the next few weeks!

Absolutely! I posted earlier that there was a guy on crutches at our rehearsal last night! And remember you have a very important role:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Congratulations Cottonreel , Petitsyeuxbleus and BlaEm-well done , its good to see how the offers keep coming in:smile:
Looks like the casting has been really busy over hte weekend.
Fingers crossed for everyone here that hasn't heard yet.
Original post by twilightz
Congratulations Cottonreel , Petitsyeuxbleus and BlaEm-well done , its good to see how the offers keep coming in:smile:
Looks like the casting has been really busy over hte weekend.
Fingers crossed for everyone here that hasn't heard yet.

Thanks, very excited indeed!!! xx :smile:
Original post by elegat
Hi all,

I have been lurking this forum for a few weeks now (very informative and helpful in this waiting game!). Just to say that I have finally also got an offer. It's for 90-A Paralympics opening and closing ceremonies. Not a dancing role, nor in the Olympics (which I auditioned for) which I would have liked but exciting all the same.

And so that the stats spreadsheet can be updated… my first audition was on 16Feb and my recall on 21 Feb.

Well done elegat and welcome to the forum:smile:
Original post by commonliner
There's no volunteer performer at the 1:1 before the 12th, yes. But according to the schedule, the site itself opened about four weeks ago, probably to install all the loos etc.

Two bus lines have received a permit, so the shuttle is sorted. Their first day of operation will be the 12th, as listed on a relatively fresh document.

Thats good news- I was a bit worried of how I might get to that place- but if the shuttle is in order then all is good. Thanks for the info commonliner:smile:
Original post by helenb84
Hi All,

I received an offer today, Paralympic Opening Ceremony 87 - Group B.
So excited! Is anyone else in this group?

BlaEm and elegats I ws in the same recall as you!

Someone mentioned a few pages that there wasa hostel near by, I will prob be looking for somewhere like that to stay for at least some of the rehearsals and the performance as i will be travelling from Lancashire.

Congratulations to all others that have recieved offers!!

Well done helenb84- congratulations:clap2:
Reply 7806
Original post by twilightz
Hi Pinnerite- I was there on Friday and had 5 bottles of 500ml of water with me .
But then again, this was the test events so we don't know whats gonna be for the main olympics .

Yup, definitely more stringent rules for the Olympics proper :frown: (it was similarly more generous when I went to the cycling in Feb).

Though I'm slightly surprised that they're not implementing the stricter rules for these Prepares events, as it would give them the opportunity to test the impact of the restrictions on access times and customer frustration.
Original post by maclondon
I just pulled my calf muscle playing touch rugby, so I'm glad I've nearly 4 weeks til my next rehearsal as i'll be limping/nursing this for a week.

You have 4 weeks to go so if you take it easy and not strain it further you'll be be ok. I've kinda injured my lower back on saturday and I'm hoping I'll be ok by this saturday
Original post by Dancerwoman
I pulled mine on Saturday whilst teaching my morning class :frown:. Had a class this evening and teaching a further class on Thursday. I'm (kind of) dreading Saturday because it's my 3rd rehearsal (followed by a dance audition) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my calf will be able to cope :eek:

Oh no , you too?
Get well and see you on saturday(if is in the morning):smile:
Original post by Dancerwoman
Thanks Pinnerite :wink: Fortunately I'm not teaching tomorrow evening so will have a night off. One of my Instructor colleagues has been banging on at me to book a massage with her sister (she's a massage therapist) but I'm thinking £££££££. About to jump into a hot soapy bath now - hope that helps :frown:

A massage does wonders believe me. I had a combination of massage, hot bath and used the hot water bottle as well cos the pain was unbearable- I couldn't stay/stand straight..
Wooohoo super excited to have returned from holiday to an email from casting offering me a role in the Paralympic Opening Ceremony - group 98!!!! Is anyone else in this group? x
Original post by jerseygal
Wooohoo super excited to have returned from holiday to an email from casting offering me a role in the Paralympic Opening Ceremony - group 98!!!! Is anyone else in this group? x

Oops - just read down the feed - lots of people in 98 WHIRL! Look forward to meeting you all x
Reply 7812
Thanks for the congrats, everyone, and congratulations to everyone else who has received an offer. It really does seem as if it's coming together at last!

Just wondered whether anyone else has had trouble with the link in their offer email? Mine hasn't been working, having tried numerous browsers! I emailed the address with my acceptance form, but all I've had back is an auto-reminder to accept by the 11th - I don't want to panic, but would hate to miss out because of a technical issue! Any advice would be gratefully appreciated :smile:
Reply 7813
Original post by wizzbangking
Hi everyone, I am also a bit of a shameful lurker to this forum and it's been a great source of reassurance in this longest wait ever for news of any kind. Finally rec'd on offer on Sunday night for 72-GS-Understudy for the Closing which I'm really happy about. So Redu looks like I'll see you there although as an UNDER I need to hope that someone drops out before getting too excited.

For the purposes of the spreadsheet 1st audition was on 14th Feb, recall 18th Feb (hip hop - disaster!)

Bit concerned that my first rehearsal schedule says we start on the 2nd June but the one I got today isn't until the 28th June? Shame as I don't think this is a dancing one - probably waving a flag around or something but amazing experience all the same.

I'm 72-GS-A. Oh dear! I told my Mum I'd be in the Closing Ceremony already D:

Oh well, massively looking forward to the rehearsal!
Original post by BlaEm
Thanks for the congrats, everyone, and congratulations to everyone else who has received an offer. It really does seem as if it's coming together at last!

Just wondered whether anyone else has had trouble with the link in their offer email? Mine hasn't been working, having tried numerous browsers! I emailed the address with my acceptance form, but all I've had back is an auto-reminder to accept by the 11th - I don't want to panic, but would hate to miss out because of a technical issue! Any advice would be gratefully appreciated :smile:

Several of us sent sent off the forms by recorded delivery as well as emaiing in a belt and braces approach. I suggest you phone casting on 02012 402 040 - leave a message if you only get an answerphone - they are good at getting back to you. In the past it seemed to be the critical thing to click on the accept button - (and to check by reclicking on it to check that it had been registered).
Reply 7815
Original post by Ickle
Hello everyone.

I've been absent for a while but returned after some recent news and am in need of some thoughts/opinions if you wouldn't mind.

I received an offer today for a performance role at the Paralympic Opening Ceremony (Segment 87 Group A). However, I had accepted a role in staging a while ago after waiting for so long.

What would you guys do? I'm not sure what staging involves exactly but don't want to kick myself for turning down a once in a lifetime role performing. I'm sure both roles are just as amazing but not sure what to do. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

I got a cast offer for the paras opening ceremony after I'd accepted a role with the props team. The cast offer says you cannot combine performance and gamesmaker roles, but doesn't preclude other volunteering.
Fortunately the rehearsals for the para closing are almost all after the main olympic and closing have finished, there was one that could have been a clash but as you are allowed to miss up to two of the performer rehearsals, it still looked do-able
I e-mailed workforce to explain how I could cover props for all except the para opening and they were fine with that.
Reply 7816
Original post by Pinnerite
Several of us sent sent off the forms by recorded delivery as well as emaiing in a belt and braces approach. I suggest you phone casting on 02012 402 040 - leave a message if you only get an answerphone - they are good at getting back to you. In the past it seemed to be the critical thing to click on the accept button - (and to check by reclicking on it to check that it had been registered).

I got sent my offer agreement yesterday and was told to bring it with me to my first rehearsal.
Hi All

And congratulations to all the peolpe that have new offers!!!

I had my fist rehearsal for Closing last night and it was sooo much fun
just need to get my game face on to remember stuff.

badger hugs to all still waiting

:badger:
It's good to see that everything seems to be ticking over nicely for once .... a steady stream of offers - congratulations to all new cast members and welcome to all new ex-lurkers! - doesn't seem to be that many new reserves now (if any?) I guess they have a healthy stock to call upon if the understudies get cast offers, which will probably happen regularly and consistently as the rehearsals get fully underway. So good luck to all reserves/understudies as they wait to get promoted through the ranks. I think there are still one or two "not heards" surely not? But special good luck to you - Sukie heard this week so there is hope! Of course, Galactica and Eve - we haven't forgotten about you!

Hope everyone's rehearsals are going well. I can't wait to get my own personal show on the road this weekend when I'm sure It'll feel like it's really happening - such a long time since my last audition in November.

Now it's back to creating a sense of calm and order with plentiful supplies of snacks as this Mum of Students enters exam time aaargh!!!
Reply 7819
Original post by EllieAtWHL
At least you've started your rehearsals! Us 51ers got our offers back at the beginning of January, and still don't have a rehearsal for another 2 weeks, I am itching to get started!!! It doesn't help that I torture myself by reading the forum daily!

yes very true but am sure the wait wil be worth it still wonder what type of drums it will be.

Latest