The Student Room Group

AQA AS Human Biology Unit 2- May 21st

So the exam is actuly closer than i thought and i noticed there wasn't already a thread so ye get discussing :smile: imo i think this exam is gunna be easier than the last, though that might be due to my personal preference and lnterest of evolution, though saying that, my teachers said uni 2 is defo easier than unit 1.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think itall be easier because i enjoy conservation more and im far better at chemistry than my other subjects! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by mabelbarc
I think itall be easier because i enjoy conservation more and im far better at chemistry than my other subjects! :smile:

Same!! i love chemistry :smile: and im enjoying the evolution topics :smile:
Reply 3
wheres all the human biology people?!!!! commmmonnnnnn
Reply 4
how did anyone get on in the unit 1 exam? so scared im not gunna pass this :frown: anyone think something will be in the exam?
Reply 5
unit 1 retake went better than last time i think lol. i like the unit 2 content so should be easier for me
Reply 6
Original post by cuckoo99
unit 1 retake went better than last time i think lol. i like the unit 2 content so should be easier for me

i think unit 2 is slightly easier, in terms of what you actually need to know for the exam. The learning about where humans come from, I liked that quite a bit! It was different from the normal biology crap :tongue: Interesting :colondollar:

Sucks they don't really do many questions on that side of the spec though :angry:
Reply 7
I think unit 2 is sooo much harder than unit 1, there's just so much to revise :frown: what are your revision techniques?!
Reply 8
Original post by Doctor.
i think unit 2 is slightly easier, in terms of what you actually need to know for the exam. The learning about where humans come from, I liked that quite a bit! It was different from the normal biology crap :tongue: Interesting :colondollar:

Sucks they don't really do many questions on that side of the spec though :angry:

true mostly questions on dna, cell division,cancer and a respiration. i think its gunna be a challenging paper but not as bad as unit 1 the first time.
Reply 9
Original post by amy269
I think unit 2 is sooo much harder than unit 1, there's just so much to revise :frown: what are your revision techniques?!

past paper questions lol ;p
Reply 10
in my opinion i find unit 2 easier aswell. it is basically pure learning, while unit 1 is tricky with the questions they ask. i prefer just learning the stuff than sitting trying to work out answers. lol
Reply 11
Anyone got or know where I can find May 2011 mark scheme or Jan 2012 mark scheme
Reply 12
Original post by cuckoo99
past paper questions lol ;p

My opinions to doing many many past papers has actualky changed quite a bit :colonhash:

I think using the 'Teachers Notes' thing from AQA is actually pretty dam good at telling you EXACTLY what is on the paper! :yep:

So much useless information in the Nelson Thorns book tbh :unimpressed: I went though the book, highlighted exactly what the teachers notes said we need to know and done, I got much better marks at AS.:biggrin:

Hope it helps!!

Original post by Alice321
Anyone got or know where I can find May 2011 mark scheme or Jan 2012 mark scheme

The Jun'11 series is on the AQA website, just do a Google search for it :smile:

Jan'12, dont have sorry :frown: ask school?:h:
Reply 13
Personally, i think unit 2 is all right, but you still have to remember unit 1 stuff which i want to forget right now! I think the textbook is all right, but it kind of jumps around from topic to topic a bit. Some of the topics only really make sense once you have covered another topic.
Reply 14
Original post by StuRoo
Personally, i think unit 2 is all right, but you still have to remember unit 1 stuff which i want to forget right now! I think the textbook is all right, but it kind of jumps around from topic to topic a bit. Some of the topics only really make sense once you have covered another topic.

I didn't think there is any synoptic questions in unit 2. What do you have to remember from unit 1? :dontknow:
Reply 15
Original post by Doctor.
I didn't think there is any synoptic questions in unit 2. What do you have to remember from unit 1? :dontknow:

ye theres questions in unit2 that cover multiple topics :s-smilie: unit1 doesnt come in at all
Reply 16
Unit 2 is messed, it's all over the place. Genetics is fairly easy, just have to memorise the mitosis/meiosis process. There's always something about down syndrome in the exam - something related to chromosomal disorders.

The adaptation and evolution thing is quite hard. I didn't really get around to learning that stuff...

I'm pretty sure there'll be a question on dating, remember! potassium-argon, and stratigraphy.
Reply 17
Original post by Faze

I'm pretty sure there'll be a question on dating, remember! potassium-argon, and stratigraphy.

Don't forgrt about Carbon dating!
Reply 18
what did everyone get for the volume calculation one
Reply 19
Original post by Alice321
what did everyone get for the volume calculation one

How did the exam go?

People at the school were kind of in te middle, some found It amazing. Others found it extra hard, most said is was pretty hard though

Quick Reply

Latest