The Student Room Group

What are your worst nightmares regarding exams?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Ones that have actually happened to me:

- Entered for the wrong tier paper in my science exam, and despite protesting to several invigilators/teachers, they refused to give me the higher paper. Fortunately it was only SATs in year 9, but I think I'd have cried if it was GCSEs.

- Had a bit of a brain melt and did the wrong set of questions in my GCSE History exam, started doing the ones about WWI rather than WWII (which is what we'd been studying all year). It only dawned on me with 20mins to go until the end of the exam, and the big 30marker at the end when I realised I had literally no idea what it was even about. Turned the page in the question paper and my own horrifying stupidity dawned on me. Nothing can compare to the sickening feeling in my gut at that moment. Not entirely sure what I was doing, or indeed how I managed to come out of it with an A*.

- The gate was locked to get into the school building, ended up being late for my French exam.

Good luck with your exams though guys, unless you're as idiotic as me and are generally well prepared, I'm sure everything will be fine :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 61
My eraser falling off my exam table when I'm rearranging my papers and bouncing away never to be seen again :argh:
drinking loads of energy drinks and ****ting my drawers half way through

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 63
Noticing a mistake just as the exam finishes, or finding one literally a minute before the end, and getting all flustered and shaky and you can feel your heart beating really fast... and then you hear the dreaded "put your pens down" and you have no choice but to abandon it... :nooo:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by slightly
Ones that have actually happened to me:

- Entered for the wrong tier paper in my science exam, and despite protesting to several invigilators/teachers, they refused to give me the higher paper. Fortunately it was only SATs in year 9, but I think I'd have cried if it was GCSEs.

- Had a bit of a brain melt and did the wrong set of questions in my GCSE History exam, started doing the ones about WWI rather than WWII (which is what we'd been studying all year). It only dawned on me with 20mins to go until the end of the exam, and the big 30marker at the end when I realised I had literally no idea what it was even about. Turned the page in the question paper and my own horrifying stupidity dawned on me. Nothing can compare to the sickening feeling in my gut at that moment. Not entirely sure what I was doing, or indeed how I managed to come out of it with an A*.

- The gate was locked to get into the school building, ended up being late for my French exam.

Good luck with your exams though guys, unless you're not as idiotic as me and are generally well prepared, I'm sure everything will be fine :smile:

omg that exact same thing happened to me.
they gave me the 3-5 but after much negotiation i got the 5-7 and then got a lvl 7. :/
Original post by chickenonsteroids
All my pens run out

The paper is on everything I haven't revised

It's in Arabic

I wake up too late and miss it

I answer too many questions or the wrong ones
:lolwut::teehee:

I have two three hour exams where I have to answer three question out of six, and a two hour one where I must answer two out of five. My worst fear would be opening the question paper and not being able to answer anything. Sitting there for three hours watching everyone else write... unimaginable.

I really should have started revision earlier... :/
Reply 66
for my GCSEs there was a bit of confusion about the layout of the paper, and they gave out the wrong insert for the paper as well :sigh: for one of my science modules, so an invigilator had to use my paper (not written on) as an example. she then proceeded to walk off with my paper, and it was only an hour long exam, so i had to spend 10 minutes of that exam trying to get the invigilators attention to give me back my paper :sigh:

edit: ohhhhh and for another science exam, me, some friends and my science teacher thought it started at 10:30, so we were up in the science lab revising, when at 9:00 another science teacher burst into the room and screamed at us to get down to the exam hall cause the exam was starting. Cue five of us galloping through the school, across the school playing fields and into the exam hall :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 67
Forgetting to bring a calculator for a maths calulator exam or any other exam that requires a calculator, it makes it close to impossible to do well.
For university exams, if I sleep in, I miss it.

No mother to wake me up. No phone call.

Terrifying.
Original post by Superunknown17
As many people have already said, having no clue what to write and just breaking down mid-exam, almost did this on Edexcel Politics Unit 1, answered the completely wrong question then realized half way through the mistake I'd made and just closed my exam booklet and silently weeped to myself haha.

I feel for you dude. I freak like crazy in Politics exams too and I have the unit 2 paper tomorrow. Fun times ahead ¬¬
Reply 70
Having a super hot invigilator and them losing time in the exam by having fantasies.
Not sure if sitting a test whilst being horny improves your overall work or makes it worse.....
Reply 71
Original post by Lsei
Having a super hot invigilator and them losing time in the exam by having fantasies.
Not sure if sitting a test whilst being horny improves your overall work or makes it worse.....

lol...
Such a relaxing thread :afraid:
Reply 73
Oh God.

I always think my pens are going to run out. On exam mornings I start out with 3 pens in my pocket and then I think "what if all 3 run out?" so I'll grab a fourth, and then I think "what if all four ran out?" so I grab a fifth... it keeps going on until I have about 20 pens and then I realise it is ridiculous and settle for 3 pens.

I'm also worried there will be traffic on the way to school making me late so on exam mornings I usually end up at school ridiculously early.

But my worst fear ever is running out of time in the exam! I can NEVER finish exams on time. I was super worried in my decision maths because in the mock I end up getting an E because I missed out like two whole questions (there is about 8 on the paper and the grade boundaries in decision are super high) - in the actual exam I JUST finished on time - I kept speed writing after they'd told us to put our pens down and just finished as he came around to collect it in.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by berryripple
Such a relaxing thread :afraid:

Thought if everyone shared their experiences, We would all feel a bit better because we weren't alone.
Original post by im so fresh
Thought if everyone shared their experiences, We would all feel a bit better because we weren't alone.

True :yep:
Reply 76
I HATE it when half way through the exam you start to feel hungry and your tummy starts to rumble. Awful feeling.
me, as a male, menstruating while answer macroeconomics questions.
Reply 78
Getting to the end of the exam and realising you have written in blue pen.

Getting to the end of a maths exam (not that I do maths, it just sounds horrible) and realising your calculator is in the wrong mode.
In an exam in January both my pens ran out with 3 minutes to go and half an 8 marker stil to finish. I put my hand up get some slow old women to go get me one, some lad on the table next to me puts one on my desk so I'm worried that I'll be disqualified for communicating, it didn't work anyway. So by the time she go back I had one minute left.

I had a dream the other day that my economics exam this Friday is going to be on the Queen, and I burst in to tears in the exam because I couldn't do it :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest