The Student Room Group

AQA MPC3 31/05/12 revision thread AQA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sii217
^^^^^

Check posts 67 - 69.

Oh thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 81
Anyone had a go at the January 2010, question 7b? I'm a bit stuck...
Reply 83
Original post by JulietheCat
Yes, range is y and domain is x. The substitution with u^2, you just rearrange for x and diffrentiate it.

U^2=X-1
X=U^2+1

Diffrentiate the x function and since it is dx/du, you have to multiply the derivative (2U) by the function which you are trying to integrate. I had such questions in my textbook but never realised where I was going wrong! Now I know how to do it. :smile:

Oh that great:biggrin: I will try it later on...:biggrin:
So,have you got any problem/unsure in C3 or just waiting for the exam:smile:?

Here, it took quite a while to eliminate cos^2x. I hope it's clear in green ink. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 85

Differentiate the U, as per in substitution questions. Rearrange to get dx.

When you get dx = du/2sec^2x the sec^2x cancels out with the cos^2x, then it becomes an integral of 1/2u^2 .du :-) Are you okay from there?
Reply 86

Here you are:biggrin:
If you have any confuse just ask again,hope this can help:smile:

Compare your du/dx with the integral :smile:
Original post by kenau
Oh that great:biggrin: I will try it later on...:biggrin:
So,have you got any problem/unsure in C3 or just waiting for the exam:smile:?

I need to go through mid ordinate and Simpsons rule as I'm a little rusty. But as long as I don't make silly mistakes, I should be fine. :smile:

How about you?
Original post by 24DJF
Anyone had a go at the January 2010, question 7b? I'm a bit stuck...

Use the product rule, to find the differentiall of tan^2(4x) use the chain rule, and then you just change the tan4x's into y :smile:.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by kirstyy93
Use the product rule, and then factorise :smile:

I tried that, but I can't get it in the form it asks for :/
Reply 91
Oh, and make sure we all don't make stupid mistakes... Like not integrating in a substitution question...

Woops.
Original post by 24DJF
Oh, and make sure we all don't make stupid mistakes... Like not integrating in a substitution question...

Woops.

Or differentiating 3/x as 3ln(x). That happened on my C4 mock. I can't believe I lost 6 marks because of that silly mistake. :frown:
[INDENT]
Original post by 24DJF
I tried that, but I can't get it in the form it asks for :/

What have you got so far? Remember y=tan4x so once you have it in terms of tan4x you can replace it with y :smile:
Ive been doing Solomon papers too. They're not too bad but I keep making silly errors... I know all the theory though so its just accuracy I need to be careful about!

Got a C from Jan so defo need to make sure i get an A!
Reply 95
Or differentiating 3/x as 3ln(x). That happened on my C4 mock. I can't believe I lost 6 marks because of that silly mistake. :frown:

I just hope I don't make any stupid mistakes! :-) we'll be fine on Thursday guys! Good luck!
Reply 96
I need to go through mid ordinate and Simpsons rule as I'm a little rusty. But as long as I don't make silly mistakes, I should be fine. :smile:

How about you?

Basically i have done all the AQA C3 PP,now trying to go through all the mistake I made and hopefully can understand some things I still confusing..:s-smilie:
And I keep making some silly mistake which is stupid... So,I will be very careful in the real paper...
Hi, I'm doing this exam as well. Doing plenty of papers as possible :smile:
Reply 98
i keep getting around 60/75. :frown:
any ways to improve my scores in 1 day? obviously the real exam result will be alot lower because of nerves and making alot more silly mistakes.
i can do all the basic stuff thats on the syllabus and questions that are similar every year, i just cant do the new stuff where they try and trick you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ReTurd
i keep getting around 60/75. :frown:
any ways to improve my scores in 1 day? obviously the real exam result will be alot lower because of nerves and making alot more silly mistakes.
i can do all the basic stuff thats on the syllabus and questions that are similar every year, i just cant do the new stuff where they try and trick you.

When you say 'new stuff', do you mean calculus?

Quick Reply