The Student Room Group

Personal Higher Predictions for August?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Belaruce
Say if the entry is ABBB for a course, would a combination such as AABC be considered? I don't know how uni's filter through applications, do they look at tarrif points?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yeah that would be considered.
Original post by LiveToSki
It was such a hard exam
, i hated the essay questions

I was failing the class the whole year, narrowly passing the NABs and got 24% in the prelim :colondollar:, but I found the exam not to be as hard as I expected! Hopefully a C. :smile:

I liked the neurotransmitter essay and the body temperature ones. :rolleyes:
Original post by Belaruce
Say if the entry is ABBB for a course, would a combination such as AABC be considered? I don't know how uni's filter through applications, do they look at tarrif points?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ABBB is what I need for Stirling Uni. Although I only sat 3 Higher's this year :frown: So I hope if I apply with a ABC, they might consider me as a student. I've heard that Stirling and most uni's are big on the Personal Statements, so bulk that up!
AH History: B/A
H Spanish is tomorrow, but hopefully a B/A
H Politics is the 6th... C/B...
Reply 44
Higher English A/B (does anybody else find it really hard to guess??)
Higher Chemistry A
Higher RMPS A
Higher Maths B (was predicted at an A1... no chance now! :frown: )
Higher Physics A/B (genuinely no idea which)
Original post by kirstyhr
Higher English A/B (does anybody else find it really hard to guess??)
Higher Chemistry A
Higher RMPS A
Higher Maths B (was predicted at an A1... no chance now! :frown: )
Higher Physics A/B (genuinely no idea which)

For Standard Grade English I left the exam hall thinking I got a 1/1/3(Reading/Writing/Speaking) got a 4/3/3 :P English has to be the most unpredictable subject ever :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by TheFOMaster
For Standard Grade English I left the exam hall thinking I got a 1/1/3(Reading/Writing/Speaking) got a 4/3/3 :P English has to be the most unpredictable subject ever :smile:

It's horrible! I have a gut feeling that the person marking my essays won't like my style of writing. And they weren't exactly long either... only like 4 pages each. :/
Reply 47
English - A/B
History - A/B
Modern Studies - A

If I had stayed in the Human Biology course I would have definitely completely failed! I guess we'll just have to wait and see with the rest of my Highers :rolleyes:
It's horrible! I have a gut feeling that the person marking my essays won't like my style of writing. And they weren't exactly long either... only like 4 pages each. :/

Oh wow. My Int.2 Essays we're like a page or 2 and a half. Stupid English being needed for teaching >.>
Reply 49
Original post by TheFOMaster
Oh wow. My Int.2 Essays we're like a page or 2 and a half. Stupid English being needed for teaching >.>

Aww, think positive! The person who marks yours might love your way of writing this time round. You never know. I think the main reason that the length of my essays makes me feel worse because I have friends who write crazy long ones... I hope I haven't made you feel worse.

I hate needing certain grades for certain courses! Any chance I had of getting into Pharmacy have probably been shot to hell because of the lovely higher maths exam this year. :frown:
Aww, think positive! The person who marks yours might love your way of writing this time round. You never know. I think the main reason that the length of my essays makes me feel worse because I have friends who write crazy long ones... I hope I haven't made you feel worse.

I hate needing certain grades for certain courses! Any chance I had of getting into Pharmacy have probably been shot to hell because of the lovely higher maths exam this year. :frown:

If they can read my handwriting... I've been stricken with an English teachers worst nightmare which is the handwriting of a spider crawling over a page. Good thing for other subjects I can slow down and make it semi-neat.

Yeah I know, I really really don't want to be sitting next year with conditionals for my courses so I'm aiming High at 4 A's and hoping I can write a Master Personal Statement.

4A's though... Maths and Chemistry :'(
A - Graphics (definitely 100% got that)
A/B - Int 2 English (exam went great surprisingly)
A/B - Art (couldn't have done any better but Art's all opinion so anything could happen)
B - Maths (definitely got a B but hopefully scrape an A)
B - Physics (praying that I get a B!!)
AH History - Almost certainly got a B, hoping for an A
H Modern Studies - Almost certainly got an A, hope so anyway!
H Maths - Going by marking schemes then I'm sitting on the border between A and B
H English - Think I definitely passed, hoping for a B

I need two H A's to get into Glasgow so I am hopeful that I've made that condition. Also need a B for Strathclyde which I think I almost certainly achieved. Let the countdown begin :biggrin:
H English - Quite confident about getting a B, I would be really pleased with that.
H Maths - The last 2/3 questions on paper 2 were really difficult, but I really hope I did enough for an A!
H Chemistry & Human Biology - I am quite confident about getting an A for both of them, I am quite a science based person
H Computing - Since the pass mark for an A is only 63% (132/200) for the past 4 years, I feel confident I can get that because I got 42/60 in my coursework, so I can drop around 50 marks in the exam and still get an A.

I felt quite confident about all of my exams as a whole, but I hope I'm not being overly confident! I want to get into Medicine at either Aberdeen or Glasgow university! :')
Original post by Akmeeda
If all goes well:

H Business Management: A
H RMPS: A
H Psychology: B
Int 2 Spanish: C

Need the C in Int 2 Spanish as a minimum requirement for Edinburgh uni.

Do you mind me asking what course it is? As you don't normally see an Int 2 Grade as a Conditional.
Ah Geography- A/B (teachers liked my folio and the exam went wellish but my folio could get mark by a horrible person)
Ah Graph Comm.- A (if I don't get that I will cry, only needed 24/80 in the exam because of my projects)
H modern- C/D (absolute disaster of an exam, had no clue how to answer the America question, so I did Africa without being taught it)

But also I got an unconditional so I slightly stopped caring about modern after the prelims. But I would still liked to have done well in it :frown:
Reply 56
H Psychology A
H Human Biology A
H Geography A/B (B is more likely...)
H English B
H Modern Studies B

I would love the above! We'll see though... :P
Original post by Alisoncraig
Ah Geography- A/B (teachers liked my folio and the exam went wellish but my folio could get mark by a horrible person)
Ah Graph Comm.- A (if I don't get that I will cry, only needed 24/80 in the exam because of my projects)
H modern- C/D (absolute disaster of an exam, had no clue how to answer the America question, so I did Africa without being taught it)

But also I got an unconditional so I slightly stopped caring about modern after the prelims. But I would still liked to have done well in it :frown:

:eek:

Quick Reply