The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 3 - Easiest Module?

Basically,

I've done water and biodiversity to death and I just need to learn one more module in depth so I'm ready for the unit 3 exam.

That leaves: energy, superpowers and development. My school doesn't cover technology.

So in your opinion what takes the least amount of remembering theory/case studies etc?

Thanks
Reply 1
I would probaly say energy for you as that is the module that is more than likely to inter-link with the modules you have done to death.

As i am doing superpower,development and techology as these inter-link more with each other :smile:

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by jemwallis
I would probaly say energy for you as that is the module that is more than likely to inter-link with the modules you have done to death.

As i am doing superpower,development and techology as these inter-link more with each other :smile:

Im doing the three same ones, do you have a case study list or notes caus ei canty help but feel like i dont know the case studies :frown:
Reply 3
I am resitting after doing badly in Jan. For me the best two to do, along with the water pre-release, are energy & development. There are lots of synoptic links.
Reply 4
Original post by jemwallis

I was thinking maybe I should do energy, upon skimming the textbook it seems that it probably is the least demanding.
Reply 5
Original post by Elizabethsmith
Im doing the three same ones, do you have a case study list or notes caus ei canty help but feel like i dont know the case studies :frown:

well i have done notes and wrote case studies next to the notes which i think they are linked to.
yea i feel like i dont know them either :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Jakaroo94
I was thinking maybe I should do energy, upon skimming the textbook it seems that it probably is the least demanding.

I think that would be a good idea, but one should evaluate the effects of choosing energy. Just like there are different forms of electricity, there are different types of energy too. The two main types of energy are:

Kinetic Energy
Potential Energy
Kinetic Energy

Kinetic Energy is energy that is in motion. Moving water and wind are good examples of kinetic energy. Electricity is also kinetic energy because even though you can't see it happen, electricity involves electrons moving in conductors.

Potential Energy

Energy is measured in the amount of "work" it does. Potential Energy is stored energy. Examples of potential energy are oil sitting in a barrel, or water in a lake in the mountains. This energy is referred to as potential energy, because if it were released, it would do a lot of work.

Energy can change from one form to another. A good example is a Roller Coaster. When it is on its way up, it is using kinetic energy since the energy is in motion. When it reaches the top it has potential (or stored) energy. When it goes down the hill it is using kinetic energy again.

Other Types of Energy

There are other types of energy as well:

Mechanical Energy is the energy of motion that does the work. An example of mechanical energy is the wind as it turns a windmill.
Heat energy is energy that is pushed into motion by using heat. An example is a fire in your fireplace.
Chemical Energy is energy caused by chemical reactions. A good example of chemical energy is food when it is cooked.
Electrical Energy is when electricity creates motion, light or heat. An example of electrical energy is the electric coils on your stove.
Gravitational Energy is motion that is caused by gravity. An example of gravitational energy is water flowing down a waterfall.

hope this helped.

ya nob
Reply 7
Original post by Tyles
I think that would be a good idea, but one should evaluate the effects of choosing energy. Just like there are different forms of electricity, there are different types of energy too. The two main types of energy are:

Kinetic Energy
Potential Energy
Kinetic Energy

Kinetic Energy is energy that is in motion. Moving water and wind are good examples of kinetic energy. Electricity is also kinetic energy because even though you can't see it happen, electricity involves electrons moving in conductors.

Potential Energy

Energy is measured in the amount of "work" it does. Potential Energy is stored energy. Examples of potential energy are oil sitting in a barrel, or water in a lake in the mountains. This energy is referred to as potential energy, because if it were released, it would do a lot of work.

Energy can change from one form to another. A good example is a Roller Coaster. When it is on its way up, it is using kinetic energy since the energy is in motion. When it reaches the top it has potential (or stored) energy. When it goes down the hill it is using kinetic energy again.

Other Types of Energy

Mechanical Energy is the energy of motion that does the work. An example of mechanical energy is the wind as it turns a windmill.
Heat energy is energy that is pushed into motion by using heat. An example is a fire in your fireplace.
Chemical Energy is energy caused by chemical reactions. A good example of chemical energy is food when it is cooked.
Electrical Energy is when electricity creates motion, light or heat. An example of electrical energy is the electric coils on your stove.
Gravitational Energy is motion that is caused by gravity. An example of gravitational energy is water flowing down a waterfall.

hope this helped.

ya nob

Go away, Rob.
Reply 8
Original post by Tyles

Kinetic Energy
Potential Energy
Kinetic Energy

Potential Energy

Other Types of Energy

hope this helped.

ya nob

hehee
Reply 9
Original post by sj1994
hehee

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending