The Student Room Group

How to learn german vocabulary??!

Hey so I'm trying to learn vocab for Monday and wondered if anyone had any good tips on how to do it. I've tried just writing them out loads an it kind of works but it gets boring! Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
For French, I made flash cards for the words that I didn't know and split them up into like, 8 little groups, and did one group every night, making sure I knew every word written out and pronounciation. It really helped; there wasn't one word I didn't recognise in the reading exam.
Good luck with your exam :smile:
Original post by Maisy18
Hey so I'm trying to learn vocab for Monday and wondered if anyone had any good tips on how to do it. I've tried just writing them out loads an it kind of works but it gets boring! Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

I think I'm doing the same exam as you! good luck!
a website I love using is www.quizlet.com - its an online flashcards website, and loads of people have assembled German flashcards ie under the topic of environment and I learn them through tests, games and loads more, just type in whatever in the search bar.
Reply 3
Thank you! Good luck :smile:

I took my A2 German exam last Friday, & I like to make powerpoints.

I just have a different topic on each slide, & list all of the vocab you need. Then set the format to 6 slides per page on print preview & print. They make good revision cards :biggrin:

Another tip that I have is what I was advised to do when learning my German expose for my speaking exam:

Get an A3 piece of paper, & write your vocab on there, preferably in coloured felt tip. Then put it on your bedroom wall, close to your bed. I found it just seemed to sink in :biggrin:

Hope this helps.
Reply 5
Original post by Rottweiler22
I took my A2 German exam last Friday, & I like to make powerpoints.

I just have a different topic on each slide, & list all of the vocab you need. Then set the format to 6 slides per page on print preview & print. They make good revision cards :biggrin:

Another tip that I have is what I was advised to do when learning my German expose for my speaking exam:

Get an A3 piece of paper, & write your vocab on there, preferably in coloured felt tip. Then put it on your bedroom wall, close to your bed. I found it just seemed to sink in :biggrin:

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I have my ready next week so this should help :smile:

Reply 6
I took my A2 German last Friday too, and I definitely agree about using quizlet.com. You can play games with the vocab to help learn it, and I'd often choose the most important words and write them on my own mind map too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending