The Student Room Group

Invitation to medicine interviews 2013

Hi everyone,

Has anyone received any invitation to interview for the medical schools they applied to ?If so, which medical schools. I submitted my UCAS form early and I have heard no word yet.
:smile: Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
BIRMINGHAM I got an interview about two weeks ago and its on the 20th. I haven't heard from the other 3 though.
Reply 2
I have applied for Birmingham too! Yikes! Good luck.
Reply 3
take a look at the medicine stalking page...some of those who received an interview invite will have it listed there. :smile:

also, most universities only look at the applications after the 15th October deadline. so you won't really be at an advantage for submitting it early, nor will you necessarily hear earlier than others.

same goes for interviews. again, most universities start giving out interview invites in mid-November, but bear in mind it could be as late as early March... :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by Kimina
BIRMINGHAM I got an interview about two weeks ago and its on the 20th. I haven't heard from the other 3 though.

my goodness, that is very early, do you have amazing GCSE and AS grades :smile: or are you reapplying from last year?
Reply 5
I have a interview at KCL on tuesday 13th this month, really wasn't expecting one so close!
Reply 6
Original post by AJ2895
I have a interview at KCL on tuesday 13th this month, really wasn't expecting one so close!

When did you receive the interview? I'm sure Kings put a large emphasis on the UKCAT and uni's have only started receiving UKCAT scores from today.
Reply 7
Has anyone received any word at all from King's College? I've checked that myapplication page everyday and I'm starting to have a really bad feeling that I haven't got in...but was just wondering! I got 640 as an average at UKCAT, do you think that'll drastically minimse my chances?
Reply 8
Original post by debbylim13
Has anyone received any word at all from King's College? I've checked that myapplication page everyday and I'm starting to have a really bad feeling that I haven't got in...but was just wondering! I got 640 as an average at UKCAT, do you think that'll drastically minimse my chances?

Yes unless you have 10 or more A*S at GCSE. Kings interview by operating a sliding scale between A*s at GCSE and UKCAT. Majority of the successful applicants for 2012 entry scored at least 685.
Reply 9
When do uni's receive UKCAT scores?
Reply 10
Original post by hannah1994
When do uni's receive UKCAT scores?

Today.
Reply 11
Original post by pr100
my goodness, that is very early, do you have amazing GCSE and AS grades :smile: or are you reapplying from last year?

9A*s at GCSE with 4 As (I self taught myself two of them) and 4As at AS and predicted grades of 4A*s
I haven't got any emails from Leeds or Manchester saying they've recieved my application, was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? and could it be because they only receive UKCAT scores today, because my other 2 unis that I DID receive emails from don't require the UKCAT. Thanks!
Oh and I've also got an invitation to interview at Birmingham!
Original post by fionatomlinson
I haven't got any emails from Leeds or Manchester saying they've recieved my application, was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? and could it be because they only receive UKCAT scores today, because my other 2 unis that I DID receive emails from don't require the UKCAT. Thanks!

i got an email from manchester but it went to my junk folder not my inbox if that helps?
Reply 15
I haven't had any interviews yet, although a friend of mine has an interview at Durham!
Original post by AJ2895

Wow well done! I've applied there too.... It's my favourite uni. I've also applied for Biomed there and the fact you've got an interview for medicine before I've received anything about biomed shows that they must have loved your application!

I haven't got on from Manchester either!! It's not in my junk box either! So dw :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 17

I've applied to Manchester too and I got a confirmation email from them only a few days after sending off my application. Have you checked your junk mail folder?
Reply 18
Original post by Pronk
I haven't had any interviews yet, although a friend of mine has an interview at Durham!

Wow well done! I've applied there too.... It's my favourite uni. I've also applied for Biomed there and the fact you've got an interview for medicine before I've received anything about biomed shows that they must have loved your application!

Nah, I think it has more to do with the fact that I sent mine off really really early.

Leeds don't give out acknowledgements from what I know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending