The Student Room Group

what do you consider to be a "good" IB score?

Scroll to see replies

afua12
What do you consider to be a "good" total IB score?
Also, in the individual subjects, what is a "good" grade?

I think I'd agree with another person who posted here earlier that to get a 28-34 is a pretty okay score. I mean, certainly your nowhere near an excellent score like 36 or above, but I think 28+ is pretty alright. And I wouldn't mind it since my school is new to the IB and doesn't have much experience. The last batch only 3/10 people got their diploma. Yea--I wouldn't mind a 28, though personally I hope I score a 30-35 :biggrin:
41/42 good

38 decent

less...not so great
36! (:
Reply 23
inb4 45
40+ ...
anything from 32 is fine. Very good would be 38 or over.
Reply 26
Does anyone know if there's a way to add a poll?
of course, this is always personal so the answer varies.
im aiming for 38, preferably higher.
I would have said 24-29 ok, 30-34 good, 35-39 very good, 40-44 exemplary. Get 45 and you're just a freak :P
Reply 29
I would say 35+ good. I'm hoping for about 40.
Though everyone in my college will be over shadowed by a girl last year who got 44, 7's in all her subjects and just missed a point in the EE i think
Reply 30
Like someone already said, it depends on your subjects, with mine chosen subjects I would say that a good score is 34-38 (Including ToK&EE)
Reply 31
I agree with those who think 34+ is good. I'm predicted 35/36... but I really want 38. Not that it matters much.. my cardiff is offer for econ is 33 including 6 for SL math. Haha, but I might even put Swansea as my 1st choice as they only want 25 including 15 for HL! (The uni is really nice, and it has a decent value for money, though is average academically).
Reply 32
Talk Tok
I agree with those who think 34+ is good. I'm predicted 35/36... but I really want 38. Not that it matters much.. my cardiff is offer for econ is 33 including 6 for SL math. Haha, but I might even put Swansea as my 1st choice as they only want 25 including 15 for HL! (The uni is really nice, and it has a decent value for money, though is average academically).

Wow, 25 has got to be the lowest offer I have ever seen. By the way I hate the (pseudo) subject in your username. It's over now though, thank God.
a score which will get me into the university i want
Reply 34
mustang51hk
a score which will get me into the university i want

By the way, I have an HKUST BBA offer as well, but i'm skipping the deposit.. no intention of staying in HK for uni.
E_D_B
Wow, 25 has got to be the lowest offer I have ever seen. By the way I hate the (pseudo) subject in your username. It's over now though, thank God.

Somebody I know, very confusingly, has an offer for 22 points :s-smilie:
Reply 36
paddy__power
41/42 good

38 decent

less...not so great

So far, two of the people who have never done anything related to IB claim that 40+ scores are good.
I would suggest that A-level students try not to pollute this thread as they have no perspective about the IB.
TI-84
So far, two of the people who have never done anything related to IB claim that 40+ scores are good.
I would suggest that A-level students try not to pollute this thread as they have no perspective about the IB.

1) the thread said nothing about only IB people offering opinions.
2) Im fairly sure i know more people taking the IB than you do?
3) My school offers IB and so i do indeed have a perspective which is adequet to offer response.
4) your statement alludes to the fact that 40+ is not good?? how foolish
5) Finally, just because your opinion differs to mine does not make it any more correct and, just because you evidenly feel defensive (probably due to your own poor performance) does not mean you should spout your idiocy here or anywhere.

i suggest you grow up, do some revision instead of attempting to give imput which, as is obvious to me, you have little ability to do productively.

this said, good luck in what ever you are doing =]

i look forward to the neg =]
Reply 38
I got 28, and I consider that to be good. Anyone with 36 is very good. Brainy. 40 up is just god.
Reply 39
Well you can get into a good university (i.e. top 20) in this country with about 30-32+

From 37+ is where the very good starts. LSE, UCL, Kings, Warwick, Durham are all at this point. And Cambridge and Oxford ask for a little more.

paddy_power. It's obvious he's not saying 40 isn't good. He's just saying that those saying 40+ is good are implying that anything below is sub-standard. Which isn't true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending