The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
yea i know it hard getting into the uni this year but i know i will get in because i have got 2 of my A level grades already from BTEC. I need 280 ucas point to do computer information system and so far i have got 240 ucas point so i just need 40 point from my last result next month which make me quite nervous lol:biggrin:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by Looose
Do you have any idea about the demand for places at Lincoln uni this year? As in, if you miss your grades by a little bit, do you stand a chance?

ive heard that the demand for lincoln has increased from last year, but i has done every year for the past few because of the growth speed of the uni,
its not a very old university and is gaining its prestige quite rapidly,

however 2 years ago, i got onto my course which requred CCC with CEE and a D in As,

so i think it depends on the course.

what are you looking to study and i can let you know if it is a higher demand course at lincoln x
Reply 42
Original post by edlambeth
ive heard that the demand for lincoln has increased from last year, but i has done every year for the past few because of the growth speed of the uni,
its not a very old university and is gaining its prestige quite rapidly,

however 2 years ago, i got onto my course which requred CCC with CEE and a D in As,

so i think it depends on the course.

what are you looking to study and i can let you know if it is a higher demand course at lincoln x

Well basically the course I applied for is Journalism, I did the I.B and got 24 points, the offer was for 25 points. (Basically translates to 20ucas points off) but I wouldn't mind doing a number of Journalism courses at lincoln as I've seen there are a few. So was wondering if there is no space on the course I applied for, what are my chances on being allowed on a related course? I just really want to go to Lincoln, it's perfect for everything I need from a uni. Thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by Looose
Well basically the course I applied for is Journalism, I did the I.B and got 24 points, the offer was for 25 points. (Basically translates to 20ucas points off) but I wouldn't mind doing a number of Journalism courses at lincoln as I've seen there are a few. So was wondering if there is no space on the course I applied for, what are my chances on being allowed on a related course? I just really want to go to Lincoln, it's perfect for everything I need from a uni. Thanks for your help :smile:

if you are only 20 points off then you will likeley be accepted, and so i dont think you have much to worry about,
however journalism is quite a popular course, however as you said theyre are a lot of variations with studying extra things with it,

i wouldnt worry too much as lincoln seem to be quite leanient with the grades, and as long as you have the right gradses in the relevant things for it then you should be okay,

good luck, because lincoln is an amazing uni and you will enjoy every second when your there :biggrin: x
Reply 44
Original post by edlambeth
if you are only 20 points off then you will likeley be accepted, and so i dont think you have much to worry about,
however journalism is quite a popular course, however as you said theyre are a lot of variations with studying extra things with it,

i wouldnt worry too much as lincoln seem to be quite leanient with the grades, and as long as you have the right gradses in the relevant things for it then you should be okay,

good luck, because lincoln is an amazing uni and you will enjoy every second when your there :biggrin: x

Thankyou :smile: I have plenty of experience, the interview went really well, my personal statement was good and the grade I dropped was in French. So I really, reeeeally hope so! I think I'll ring them tomorrow and suggest I wouldn't mind a course swap if needs be to go there. Thanks a lot for your help!! :biggrin:x
Reply 45
I'm looking forward to freshers and I'm going to be a second year :laugh: it was awesome last year even though we stupidly took recommendations off a flat mate and went to the rather **** places. What I say to do it Engine for most of it, Possibly Woohoo for monday or Thursday as during the year this year it was awesome, Superbull at Pulse on Friday (messy as hell but rather awesome) and go to playzone if you can as it's awesome. Though just make sure a fat guy doesn't land on you after coming down the slide too soon after you :unimpressed:
Ahhh! Just recieved my blackboard login info through the post. I'm so excited!!!
Reply 47
Original post by lozzyhickers

Ahhh! Just recieved my blackboard login info through the post. I'm so excited!!!

hey ive just joined because i started panicking about starting uni! haha
what's a blackboard login?
Original post by louise.h
hey ive just joined because i started panicking about starting uni! haha
what's a blackboard login?

Hello and welcome! What course will you be doing?

Blackboard is the online learning environment that Lincoln Uni use, like moodle etc, and I just got my login details! There's nothing on there about Psych though at the moment :frown:
Reply 49

Same! :redface: ...I never got this last year when I applied? I don't wanna too excited though incase I don't get in :frown:
Original post by Looose
Same! :redface: ...I never got this last year when I applied? I don't wanna too excited though incase I don't get in :frown:

Hmm. Odd. Maybe it's new for this year or something.
I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: Do you mind me asking what you need to get?
Reply 51
Hmm. Odd. Maybe it's new for this year or something.
I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: Do you mind me asking what you need to get?

Already got my results, I needed 280 ucas points, got 260. Ouch. Even worse it was French that did it! Needed a C, got a D. 2 points off! :mad: Last year I got an offer of 260 as well, bummer. Ahwell, it all depends on the A Level results now! :rolleyes:

What you hoping for?
Original post by Looose
Already got my results, I needed 280 ucas points, got 260. Ouch. Even worse it was French that did it! Needed a C, got a D. 2 points off! :mad: Last year I got an offer of 260 as well, bummer. Ahwell, it all depends on the A Level results now! :rolleyes:

What you hoping for?

Oh no, i'm so sorry about that! Couldn't you get a remark?
What course have you applied for? Some of them are quite leniant.
Reply 53

Hello and welcome! What course will you be doing?

Blackboard is the online learning environment that Lincoln Uni use, like moodle etc, and I just got my login details! There's nothing on there about Psych though at the moment :frown:

Oh i see, i really should look into all of this stuff :s-smilie: lol

I'm going to do business management
Original post by louise.h
Oh i see, i really should look into all of this stuff :s-smilie: lol

I'm going to do business management

It's ok, I only know about it because my college used it :smile:
Awesome, I wish you all the best of luck! x
Reply 55
Oh no, i'm so sorry about that! Couldn't you get a remark?
What course have you applied for? Some of them are quite leniant.

S'alreete, I'm not sure. None of my teachers seemed too bothered tbh, I got enough points for my insurance so I guess I'm not top priority. And I think I was in shock, so I never asked. :frown:

Journalism, the staff were really nice and said it's not just down to grades, but experience, personal statement and whether or not you're commited to the university; so who knows. I know there are a range of different courses with Journalism so if there are spaces on any I'd gladly take it. Desperate to get to Lincoln :frown: :redface:
Original post by Looose
S'alreete, I'm not sure. None of my teachers seemed too bothered tbh, I got enough points for my insurance so I guess I'm not top priority. And I think I was in shock, so I never asked. :frown:

Journalism, the staff were really nice and said it's not just down to grades, but experience, personal statement and whether or not you're commited to the university; so who knows. I know there are a range of different courses with Journalism so if there are spaces on any I'd gladly take it. Desperate to get to Lincoln :frown: :redface:

Oh dear oh dear. I do hope you get accepted though, because 2 marks is abslutely nothing! It's good that you're flexible too, it gives you a better chance :smile: I give you all my luck :smile:
Reply 57
phyc was on that black board thing, but law and criminlogy wasn't on there which is what i appilied for. it sounds like freshers will b good lol my friend went to play zone with the btec care from college.

btw i hope u get ur grades to get in to lincoln to do journlism :smile:
Reply 58
Oh dear oh dear. I do hope you get accepted though, because 2 marks is abslutely nothing! It's good that you're flexible too, it gives you a better chance :smile: I give you all my luck :smile:

Thanks a lot :smile: Good Luck for your grades! Let's hope we both get to Lincoln this September!
=D Psych is on blackboard but if you actualy click on it there is nothing on there.

Quick Reply