The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Only interested in piercings and tattoos.

I currently have my ear lobes, top of my right ear, my nose and my navel pierced. I do want a really small tattoo in the future though, maybe before I finish University.
Original post by Juno
sabo :sad:

The sabo ones are on my wishlist too :yep:
Having to sleep in my bra so my piercing doesn't get caught.
SO. FED. UP.
Reply 5723
Original post by Sakura-Chan
The sabo ones are on my wishlist too :yep:

Everything is currently on my wishlist!

I've currently fallen in love with these
Stretching/Restretching my ears. Can't wait until they're bigger, looking at plugs online!
Aiming for 10mm. My left one was that big before but I took it out about 2 years ago.
It's currently at 4mm (It was pierced at 2.4mm and never closed up past that)
My right one hasn't been stretched before and was only pierced at 1.2mm and was very stubborn going from 1.2mm to 1.6mm (had to wait ages, but eventually it went in fine after a shower). 1.6mm to 2mm was much better, and that's where I'm at now.

Patience!
Hi :smile: just a quick question! Planning on getting my rook, tragus and lobes done again :smile:

My ears are quite small, and the part of the ear that the tragus is pierced is quite small and I don't know whether it's too small to get it pierced :/ tried to take a picture for opinions :smile:

Thanks P2230044.jpg
Original post by Mega Nerd
Hi :smile: just a quick question! Planning on getting my rook, tragus and lobes done again :smile:

My ears are quite small, and the part of the ear that the tragus is pierced is quite small and I don't know whether it's too small to get it pierced :/ tried to take a picture for opinions :smile:

Thanks P2230044.jpg

I thought my tragus would be too small to get pierced, but it was fine. I think mine is the same size as yours too :smile:.
streching my ears to 7mm soon, decided to go to 8mm instead of 6mm as my goal size :smile:
Ahh, got my rose plugs today and they are beautiful :sexface: Definitely buying a sabo pair too! My only complaint is that I wish the flare on the back was a bit bigger, because they slip out quite easily. Nothing that a pair of o-ring can't solve though :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Advice Please!

Looking for some oppinions here.
So as I posted before, I'm restretching my ear.
I know it is recommended to wait 1 month + between stretches, however
When I was stretching 3.2 to 4mm, the taper went through no bother, and when I went to put the single flared plug in the plug went straight through my ear, flare and all, so I had to put an o-ring on the front as well as the back to stop it sliding through.
In this instance would you recommend still waiting 1 month (one more week) to go to 5mm or give it a try after a shower (it's been 3 weeks) seeing as technically it was already >4mm 3 weeks ago??
Reply 5730
Original post by Popppppy
Advice Please!

Looking for some oppinions here.
So as I posted before, I'm restretching my ear.
I know it is recommended to wait 1 month + between stretches, however
When I was stretching 3.2 to 4mm, the taper went through no bother, and when I went to put the single flared plug in the plug went straight through my ear, flare and all, so I had to put an o-ring on the front as well as the back to stop it sliding through.
In this instance would you recommend still waiting 1 month (one more week) to go to 5mm or give it a try after a shower (it's been 3 weeks) seeing as technically it was already >4mm 3 weeks ago??

You might as well wait, because it's only another week. If your ear isn't currently ready for the stretch the only way you'll find out is after you've ****ed it up, and that will mean waiting even longer before you can restretch! Also, the stretch to 5mm is the first "full size" stretch, so it's generally going to be harder than the others you've done.
Reply 5731
Have: Lobes x2 (one at 4mm), Lip piercing (right side)

Want: More lobe piercings, ear cartilage, nose. If I muster up the courage!

Haven't any tattoos.
I know this is going to sound like a really stupid question...but how do you know if the place you are going to get your piercings from is a reputable piercer?

Apart from recommendations from friends and actually visiting the place?

Reply 5733
I know this is going to sound like a really stupid question...but how do you know if the place you are going to get your piercings from is a reputable piercer?

Go to Darren at Skinsations in Bexleyheath.

If you won't do that then read online reviews and get opinions from friends - although realise that people may not know enough to recognise "bad" when they see it. Visit the place and ask questions that you know the answers to because of your research, and if you get wrong answers or treated badly/like an idiot, run away. As a minimum, you should expect the place to look clean and for the piercer to wear gloves, which they should change several times. Everything should come out of sealed packets or directly off an autoclave tray (if you don't know what one looks like then ask, or if you see something that you do know what it is assume it isn't). You should be given aftercare instructions, and many piercers write these down coz they know you don't listen, and most piercers will tell you to phone them if you have problems.
I looked at a lot of reviews online. I actually found out that the place I had my belly button pierced wasn't very well-regarded, although I hadn't had any problems. From the outside the place that was most recommended looked quite dodgy, but once inside it was really nice, and they were good as well - I had six pairs of earrings, my nose piercing, and two tattoos done there - it definitely pays to read up/check out with people before you go.

Read up on reviews, do some research. Make sure the place is clean, and all instruments used are sterile, and the jewellery is clean. One of the places I nearly went to took what would have been my barbell off a rack that had been touched by a lot of people. I was out of there straight away.

And it's always good to have a nice piercer so you can ask any questions you need to if there are any problems. I tend to ask a really stupid question that a lot of people getting pierced should know, and if they laugh or treat me like I'm an idiot, I know they're not going to be worth my time if I ever have any real questions :smile:
Original post by angelbones
Having to sleep in my bra so my piercing doesn't get caught.
SO. FED. UP.

It'll be worth it!

Another one to watch out for is the loops you get on shower puffs -_-
Original post by Yellow-nutshell
It'll be worth it!

Another one to watch out for is the loops you get on shower puffs -_-

Yeah, my piercer warned me about them specifically :tongue:

It's mostly healed now (I can sleep on my belly!!) and looks AWESOME. Can't wait until I can switch the bar for something a bit funky.
Original post by angelbones
Yeah, my piercer warned me about them specifically :tongue:

It's mostly healed now (I can sleep on my belly!!) and looks AWESOME. Can't wait until I can switch the bar for something a bit funky.

I wasn't warned when I got mine done :sad:

That is the best bit. I have a dragonfly bar I got as a present which I really like :biggrin: Took mine ages to heal properly though. In fact, I really don't make the most of it. I need to invest in more bling!

Good luck with the rest of the healing :tongue:
Original post by syrettd
Read up on reviews, do some research. Make sure the place is clean, and all instruments used are sterile, and the jewellery is clean. One of the places I nearly went to took what would have been my barbell off a rack that had been touched by a lot of people. I was out of there straight away.

And it's always good to have a nice piercer so you can ask any questions you need to if there are any problems. I tend to ask a really stupid question that a lot of people getting pierced should know, and if they laugh or treat me like I'm an idiot, I know they're not going to be worth my time if I ever have any real questions :smile:

Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
I looked at a lot of reviews online. I actually found out that the place I had my belly button pierced wasn't very well-regarded, although I hadn't had any problems. From the outside the place that was most recommended looked quite dodgy, but once inside it was really nice, and they were good as well - I had six pairs of earrings, my nose piercing, and two tattoos done there - it definitely pays to read up/check out with people before you go.

Original post by Juno
Go to Darren at Skinsations in Bexleyheath.

If you won't do that then read online reviews and get opinions from friends - although realise that people may not know enough to recognise "bad" when they see it. Visit the place and ask questions that you know the answers to because of your research, and if you get wrong answers or treated badly/like an idiot, run away. As a minimum, you should expect the place to look clean and for the piercer to wear gloves, which they should change several times. Everything should come out of sealed packets or directly off an autoclave tray (if you don't know what one looks like then ask, or if you see something that you do know what it is assume it isn't). You should be given aftercare instructions, and many piercers write these down coz they know you don't listen, and most piercers will tell you to phone them if you have problems.

I'm about 200 miles away from London, haha! Thanks all of you, I'll gave a good look at it when I go. The place I was going to go to is pretty new, so I doubt it has many reviews online, but I'll have a look!

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending