The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Public scools, Uclan

Hey, i have a offer from Uclan and this is my first choice. I am from a public school and was wondering how many others there actually are? I have not heard of many public school kids going. If there are any out there let me know!

Also can i just say i don't care either what what schools anyone went to i am literally just wondering how many people there are that have been to public schools, its my first choice and i want to go either way!

Crawf
Reply 1
Odd question...The majority of people are Uclan are from public schools. Well I assume they are people don't tend to talk about if they are from a public or private school.

Are you sure you mean Uclan in preston and not UCLA in the USA?
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
i think he meant he went to a private school, cos they're referred to as public schools as opposed to state schools.

i went to a private school and i'm at uclan now, second year law.
i think the stats of current uclan students is something like this: 93% state schools 7% private schools.

don't let these stats put u off... i'll admit, this uni wasn't my first choice, but it's been great here. love the campus, cheap rent, people are generally nice
Reply 3
Original post by Timor
i think he meant he went to a private school, cos they're referred to as public schools as opposed to state schools.

i went to a private school and i'm at uclan now, second year law.
i think the stats of current uclan students is something like this: 93% state schools 7% private schools.

don't let these stats put u off... i'll admit, this uni wasn't my first choice, but it's been great here. love the campus, cheap rent, people are generally nice

Yeah thats what i meant Timor,

Im not saying i just want to hang out with people like me as i am going to uni to meet people and have a good time... but obviously i do want to still hang out with people like myself as usually they are the people you get on with the best! Are the students easily recognisable like when out of Uni (say college)

Can i just reiterate so nobody gets the wrong idea, im not stuck up i just want to find people i would get on with best like i already do, and i am not opposed to meeting new people!
Reply 4
u have nothing to worry bout :P the great thing about this uni is that it's something like the 5th largest uni (in number of students) so ur bound to find ppl u will get on with. as long as ur friendly and relatively sociable u'll be fine :smile: the only tips i can give u is: 1) stay in halls in ur first year, preferably iq kopa (which is by far the best), 2) by the end of the first month of lectures u'll pretty much know who ur going to hang out with for the next 3 years, so make sure u get to know as many ppl on ur course as u can by then.
Reply 5
Ohh never heard of private schools called public schools, how confusing aha.
Timor is completely right in what he is saying, people won't notice but as the uni is so big you're bound to find someone with similiar interests. Look into the societies at freshers and that'll help :smile:
Reply 6
i went a state school, but i got into a public/private school. most of my friends went to private/public school. and i got the grades of what you'd expect at a private/public school, i've got a uncon for chemistry next year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending