The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:scales: After a bad March I'm finally 179.4Ibs since I started excising in mid January at 189 :eek4:
Finally in the 170's mark hope I don't get back in the 180's.
Still got a long way to go but My aim is for August/September
So today was weigh-in day. TOTM also came, and I woke up mega-bloated and with horrible cramps.
Weighed in at 154 pounds. Wasn't all that shocked. At least my period's only 4 days, so hopefully next weigh-in will be good.

Also MyFitnessPal is down for maintenance and I'm now unsure with what to do with my life...
Original post by GloriaPenguin
So today was weigh-in day. TOTM also came, and I woke up mega-bloated and with horrible cramps.
Weighed in at 154 pounds. Wasn't all that shocked. At least my period's only 4 days, so hopefully next weigh-in will be good.

Also MyFitnessPal is down for maintenance and I'm now unsure with what to do with my life...

Should be back up again in a bit, it's now 8:25am Pacific Time :smile:
They lied :frown:

:p:
I am very angry at MFP being down!
Original post by lolololol
I am very angry at MFP being down!

I was okay with it, until it was uncovered that they lied about what time they'd be back!
Reply 2246
Did a pilates class this morning, and a 10-mile cycle this afternoon. May do 30DS later, not sure though :P
Original post by marmalady
I was okay with it, until it was uncovered that they lied about what time they'd be back!

Yeah me too! I want to plan dinnerrrrrr!
Original post by *GoLdSeQuIn*
My mum PURPOSELY (yes she has admitted this) buys boxes of flapjack every week knowing it's the one thing I love and will always (and already have) cave in to. I know I should be strong and prove a point but ffs she pisses me off with her lack of support!!!!

Diet is failing these days...very very miserably.

My Mum does that all the time. Because she's struggling to lose weight and wants me to slip up as well. She has admitted that, too. Be strong though :-). Plenty of time for flapjacks when you reach your goal weight!
MFP is back guys :biggrin:
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
My Mum does that all the time. Because she's struggling to lose weight and wants me to slip up as well. She has admitted that, too. Be strong though :-). Plenty of time for flapjacks when you reach your goal weight!

It makes me feel weak that someone is waiting in the sidelines for me to fail! I don't see what point she is trying to prove here...She'd taken my auntie shopping with her and when I ate one, my auntie said 'oh see you do eat them then' which shows my mum had specifically mentioned me when she bought them because prior to this, my aunt knew nothing of my love for flapjack!! I don't want to be a brat...just because I'm on a diet, it doesn't mean my whole family has to feel deprived. Yes I know I should have some self-control but eliminating temptation is easier than relying on willpower alone. She pays for the food and she has every right to buy what she wants to eat, even if it's junk. But to specifically buy something that no-one else but me really eats with me in mind when I asked her not to....

SORRY RANT OVER!!!
Low carb seems to agree with me, lost 4 pounds this week! :smile: If only this could happen every week, I'd only need to diet for a couple more weeks lol.
Original post by Aemiliana
Does anyone here use fitocracy? I've only just found out about it and the site is currently down for maintenance but from the wiki article on it, it looks really good.

Had a look at that, looks really interesting! Will have to wait till after exams but will defs be giving it a go then!
Original post by *GoLdSeQuIn*
It makes me feel weak that someone is waiting in the sidelines for me to fail! I don't see what point she is trying to prove here...She'd taken my auntie shopping with her and when I ate one, my auntie said 'oh see you do eat them then' which shows my mum had specifically mentioned me when she bought them because prior to this, my aunt knew nothing of my love for flapjack!! I don't want to be a brat...just because I'm on a diet, it doesn't mean my whole family has to feel deprived. Yes I know I should have some self-control but eliminating temptation is easier than relying on willpower alone. She pays for the food and she has every right to buy what she wants to eat, even if it's junk. But to specifically buy something that no-one else but me really eats with me in mind when I asked her not to....

SORRY RANT OVER!!!

Have a chat to her about it? Explain that you really need her support.

Or, if you can't resist temptation, how about exercising more to make up for it? Or eating slightly less during the rest of the day? Balances things out a little bit :-).
Deleting most of my photobucket album when I discovered that underwear photos of me popped up if you Googled my full name. AH. I do hope nobody I know happened to do that in recent weeks!
Original post by kerplunk5
Had a look at that, looks really interesting! Will have to wait till after exams but will defs be giving it a go then!

I'm Aemiliana on there. :biggrin: It is pretty fun, I want to level up before tomorrow, so I need to do some more exercise haha.
Original post by Aemiliana
Does anyone here use fitocracy? I've only just found out about it and the site is currently down for maintenance but from the wiki article on it, it looks really good.

Yes, I freaking love it. Definitely a great motivating tool as well as useful for logging progress. I'm BeccaSarah on there :h:
Original post by marmalady
This sounds like you don't eat back your exercise calories, which would definitely explain the plateau. Your body probably can't cope with all that exercise (great as it is) if it's only eating 1200-1300 a day. I would suggest start keeping track of all your exercises and eat back the calories burned to leave you with 1200-1300 NET calories. So, eg, on days you burn 600 calories exercising, eat 1800-1900 in total. See if that works for you (I think it will).

Original post by Yellow-nutshell
Sorry, I meant my goal is 1200. I do eat back my exercise calories as well, I end up around 1600+ normally. Which is why I don't really know why I've stopped losing!

I think Marmalady is right. On none exercise days aim to eat around 1400 calories. Then on days you exercise aim to eat around 1900 calories. Try this for a few weeks (it may take a week or two before the weight shifts again) and the weight should start moving again.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Have a chat to her about it? Explain that you really need her support.

Or, if you can't resist temptation, how about exercising more to make up for it? Or eating slightly less during the rest of the day? Balances things out a little bit :-).

I've tried that time and time again but have eventually learnt that my mum is absolutely impossible to speak to.

Thank you. Yep there are ways around everything and I shouldn't be blaming someone else for my lack of self control. Exercise isn't a problem for me tbh because I enjoy it. Although with the stress of final year exams, it's taking a back seat and I'm also finding it difficult not to constantly snack and eat crap all day when i revise. Part of me is like **** it because in six weeks, I'll be back on it harder than ever and the focus now should be exams but the other part doesn't want to gain a ton of weight either. This week will be better I can guarantee it.:biggrin:
Reply 2259
Original post by kerplunk5
Low carb seems to agree with me, lost 4 pounds this week! :smile: If only this could happen every week, I'd only need to diet for a couple more weeks lol.

Are you a fellow follower of Mark's Daily Apple? :smile:

Latest