The Student Room Group

Mass shooting at Batman film premiere.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
It makes me dislike him even more that he didn't kill himself.
Reply 61
I realized it was distasteful to draw out a political debate directly from a tragedy such as this, so I took down my couple of posts relating to gun crime in the states.

-

My thoughts are with the families of those who lost their lives, and I hope that no more people lose theirs as a result of their injuries.
Reply 62
Original post by Steezy
It makes me dislike him even more that he didn't kill himself.

I do expect a media circus to begin soon.
Reply 63
Original post by Deshi
This **** crazy.

Great live feed: http://www.9news.com/video/9newsonline.aspx

They just reported a 3 month old is injured at the hospital :frown:

Unbelievable.
rip everyone whose lost their lives, this makes me so sad :frown:
Reply 65
Until they introduce gun laws in the US like the rest of the world, I've got to say my sympathy is limited.
Reply 66
The man arrested is 24, who is a local man.

Released on Sky News.
Original post by otu1987
Until they introduce gun laws in the US like the rest of the world, I've got to say my sympathy is limited.

Yeah, we all know how anti-gun laws stopped Brevik's massacre in Norway. :rolleyes:
Reply 68
"It was surreal, it was like a movie," eyewitness Hayden Miller told KUSA.
Original post by nugiboy
"It was surreal, it was like a movie," eyewitness Hayden Miller told KUSA.

The shooting or Batman?

RIP to all those killed :s-smilie:
Reply 70
Original post by Darkphilosopher
The shooting or Batman?

RIP to all those killed :s-smilie:

Well thats the ironic thing about the quote. It was obviously intended to be a comment on the shooting but It has a very unfortunate alternative interpretation because of the context.
Original post by I am Ace
I joke of course

Might not be a good idea right now...
Reply 72
Disgraceful, disgusting and cowardly. My thoughts go out to everybody who may even be remotely involved in this horrific scenario :sad:
FBI have stated the attack had no connection to terrorism, according to sky news
Reply 74
People can be crazy sometimes. It just makes you wonder where he left his conscience before he committed this act.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
My thoughts go out to everyone involved. :sad:

Personally I don't believe this was a copy-cat. He appeared to be wearing a gas mask because he was using tear gas and more than likely picked that screening of the film knowing there would be a large amount of people there for him to target. :frown: That, and he would get himself a large amount of publicity for it. What a sick and twisted person...
Original post by Nirgilis
Disgraceful, disgusting and cowardly. My thoughts go out to everybody who may even be remotely involved in this horrific scenario :sad:

Likewise, this is really sad news. They just had someone on BBC describing it. Horrible. :frown:
Reply 77
Watching the videos.... America is just surreal.

It reminds me a bit about Scream in that murders are linked to movies. Such a strange sight to see people walking out of a cinema covered in blood...
Suspect identified as 24 year old James Holmes.

**EDIT - Named by media, and not by police**
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 79
Christ, have you seen that one of the victims was three months old... What the hell?!

Quick Reply

Latest