Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Scholarships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by AnnaWintour
I just received a letter for orientation and enrollment. While I was reading it, I felt a little bit sarcastic.
The moment when you get what you want, but not all you want. :smile:

LOL same here. It's insanely ironic and amusing. So they have time to send out promotional emails but not decisions to our most important applications? Now, that is ironic!
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Any news ??? Did any of you accept their offer?
Reply 562
Nope, nothing!
Reply 563
So I decided to email them to know, and they sent me my regret letter. I don't know what to do now. It's like they were waiting for my inquiry to send me this desperate email!
Reply 564
So, none of us have been awarded?

Guys, do you intend to reapply for Jan 2013? and could we defer our course offer to Jan 2013?
Oh candy I' sorry about your rejection. They are so unfair. You waited more than all of us here. The same is happening to me, I am waiting for an answer from CEU (Budapest) since 5 of April. I know this won't help a lot, but don't worry. We are both in the same boat. I still don't know what to do with myself. I am very ambitious and they are ruining my plans. These few days will be hard for you, I know that, it will look like you can do nothing and that it is the end of the world. As the time passes by, you'll start feeling better, like I do now. We are young, we have time to create our future. What's yours will be yours, believe me. And remember, if it's not good, it's not the end ! :smile:
Reply 566
Original post by AnnaWintour
Oh candy I' sorry about your rejection. They are so unfair. You waited more than all of us here. The same is happening to me, I am waiting for an answer from CEU (Budapest) since 5 of April. I know this won't help a lot, but don't worry. We are both in the same boat. I still don't know what to do with myself. I am very ambitious and they are ruining my plans. These few days will be hard for you, I know that, it will look like you can do nothing and that it is the end of the world. As the time passes by, you'll start feeling better, like I do now. We are young, we have time to create our future. What's yours will be yours, believe me. And remember, if it's not good, it's not the end ! :smile:

It's unfair indeed. It's like they were waiting for me to send this email so they blaster their stupid rejection letter in my face.

I'm not young at all, sweetie, I'm almost 30 years old and they indeed have ruined my plans. I honestly don't know what to do with myself. I'm utterly crushed! :frown:
Reply 567
anna wintour, did CEU put you on a waiting list? because my bestfriend received last year an offer in august from them. he was on waiting list. I received in June though I was on this list too.... so maybe you need to wait...
annushka, you made my day !!!!!! :smile: There are still chances for me on CEU indeed. Thank you, thank you very much for sharing this information here. And are you gonna be a CEU student from this year?
Reply 569
oh dear Candy- am sorry for that,..it is indeed unfair,..it seems they forgot about some people,..on facebook forum- others too who waited as long as yesterday also received regrets and no one there got a scholarship,..its unfortunate dear,..but dont worry,..its not the end honey,..smile,,,
Reply 570
Candy, I'm sorry dear! I don't know why UWM is so unprofessional. Like everyone is saying, just keep your chin up and move forward. When I got my regret, I thought it was the end of the world. But as time goes by, I regained my optimism and just put UWM behind me. So I know youre feeling pessimistic and down right now, but please don't worry. We were all there, and look at us now.
Reply 571
Thanks guys, your kind words mean a lot. But I do indeed feel like it's the end of the world. I just feel lost and I hate to have to start all over again. Especially that my IELTS will expire this Dec and I don't wanna take it again, it was a pain in the ass.

Can you guys kindly refer me to other scholarship sources? Not necessarily in the UK but perhaps in the EU, America or Australia? I think you guys are right and I need to leave UOW behind me.
Reply 572
anna wintour, I have finished this year CEU. it was the best year of my life!!!! I studied polsci. hope you have a chance! are u on a waiting list>??
Yes annushka, I am on the waiting list since 5 April. I hope I'll be CEU student. Did you take the one year or the two year program?
Reply 574
one year programme
Reply 575
Ah, nobody replied me! :frown:
Reply 576
candy 82,

hey. check for the next year Switzerland scholarships for foreign students.
Maastricht university, Leiden University,
Chevening scholarships (for the UK).
Reply 577
Hey Candy, sorry I've just been busy dear. Also look at Eiffel (France), DAAD (Germany), British Council (UK). Check the website of the USA embassy in your country,they have scholarships for internationals to study in USA.
If I come up with more, Ill add :smile:
I got scholarship on CEU :smile:))).
Hey guys, how are you? Did you figure out what you are going to do ?
Recently, I have found one master course (there are scholarships too), here is the link:
http://epu.ac.at/index.php
Good luck everyone !!!

Quick Reply