The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sometimes.
Only when I drink too much of it :p:
Gilliwoo
Sweet white wine makes me sick for some reason. This seems quite recent. Does anybody else experience this? What might be the cause?

If not physically, the prospect of drinking sweet white wine if there is anything else on offer makes me feel a little bit unwell at my poor judgement. I'd go with red every time (yes, even with fish and whatever other crap excuses people make for drinking white! :p: ) and failing that a dry white. The exception is white Port, which I think is surprisingly nice!
Reply 4
After bottle 5 I am somtimes ill :P

But I drink red.
Reply 5
Only if it's extremely bad German stuff. But give me a bottle of red any day.
Reply 6
Cage
Only if it's extremely bad German stuff. But give me a bottle of red any day.

German and non German wine makes me sick! I'm not very hardy :rolleyes:
if any of you dont like your white wine....pass it this way please...

i'll be waiting :biggrin: and if im alseep just put a funnel in my mouth and pour it in :cheers:
Reply 8
I prefer red wine, most white wine tastes like vinegar to me ;yucky;
Reply 9
I love dessert wines, the sticky gooey ones you have at the end of the meal.

Dry whites and Sav Blanc MMMMM
On it's own, it doesn't make me sick.
If i eat peanuts and drink white wine, however, I do get very sick. Hence why I no longer eat peanuts.

Lambrini makes me sick. That's sweet and white, but it's no wine.
If its really sweet it takes me a few glasses to get use to it, and after one to many, well Im a goner.
herecomestrouble
if any of you dont like your white wine....pass it this way please...

i'll be waiting :biggrin: and if im alseep just put a funnel in my mouth and pour it in :cheers:

:five:
It's about the only drink that makes me feel like I've had a drink! About 4 glasses and I'm rather tipsy, whereas 4 vodka and lemonades or whatever and I don't even feel like I've had a sniff of alcohol! I love white and rose wine, not keen on red. I expect I'd feel sick if I drank too much, but fortunately know my limits!
Reply 14
I can't drink white wine any more, I used to drink really cheap white wine, often in excess, and to be honest it just doesn't appeal any more.
Reply 15
This is the good stuff though:

Now there is a proper wine.
Reply 16
no, but red makes me horny.

and sleepy.

i become like a willing victim of necrophilia.
Reply 17
grace
no, but red makes me horny.

and sleepy.

i become like a willing victim of necrophilia.

Surely you have to actually be dead to be a victim of necrophilia? :p:
Reply 18
I can't drink white at all. Red all the way :smile:
Reply 19
Sweet wine only if it´s pink or very young I can stand. Sweet wine also makes me sick

but very strong red Syrah and bitter Bordeaux... Mmm.. I love red wine so much!

Latest