The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
goldenGAZE
yes i do lol, how did ya know. I'm nice on studentroom :yep: .

im psycic.....coz of ur signature.....lol...its the same 1 .....oh yh..im crazy lady....
Reply 141
Sine
^^^Welcome Mona and Nafisa :smile:

thanks for the welcoome. .:yep: lol
So, hows summer for u guys .. wherever u are?
Reply 142
Summers going fine, going to Sharm-el-Sheikh
soon, so I'll be just relaxing on the beach:biggrin:
[hoping it will make me forget about those results:s-smilie:]
How about you guys?
Reply 143
uuum...Summers boring over here...well at least for me......its not really summer coz the weather is just ****...it rains like everyday lol...and I just stay at home most days ....
yep, my summer is also very dry to the max. I have finally completed a CV so I'm going to try and find a job. I've also been thinking alot about uni and now i have absolutely no idea what degree to do, which is bugging me. All i know is that as soon as i graduate i want to find a job abroad around Dubai, Qatar middle east some where but i have no idea what degree to do urgh. sorry for bringing my problems here i just had to get if off my chest.:yep:
well i gotta say ...hearing from you...i would love to in the arabian gulf..and learn arabic..ya akhii!!..lol
Reply 146
goldenGAZE
yep, my summer is also very dry to the max. I have finally completed a CV so I'm going to try and find a job. I've also been thinking alot about uni and now i have absolutely no idea what degree to do, which is bugging me. All i know is that as soon as i graduate i want to find a job abroad around Dubai, Qatar middle east some where but i have no idea what degree to do urgh. sorry for bringing my problems here i just had to get if off my chest.:yep:

summer here is kinda okay i guess .. i already finished my summerjob, so all im doin now is summerhomework .. lol , thats sad .. :yep:
I want to work in the gulf too !! .. more like the uae . .l moved frm there last yr .. its a veryyy nice place ..nway .. i think ive decided wat degree to do .. but not very sure .. hmm , :confused: gotta think some more about it :smile:
Reply 147
goldenGAZE

loool....I gave up with the jobs ...and now ,im looking for some again .....its hopeless....I must have handed in like at least 20 cvs to shops and done at least 15 online applications...what is with somalis and the middle east lol???Whats wrong with the UK??Or is it because its a Muslim country??
Reply 148
Mona17
summer here is kinda okay i guess .. i already finished my summerjob, so all im doin now is summerhomework .. lol , thats sad .. :yep:
I want to work in the gulf too !! .. more like the uae . .l moved frm there last yr .. its a veryyy nice place ..nway .. i think ive decided wat degree to do .. but not very sure .. hmm , :confused: gotta think some more about it :smile:

at least u have a summer job...stupid uni students finished earlier than us and took all the jobs lol....:mad:
Sine
loool....I gave up with the jobs ...and now ,im looking for some again .....its hopeless....I must have handed in like at least 20 cvs to shops and done at least 15 online applications...what is with somalis and the middle east lol???Whats wrong with the UK??Or is it because its a Muslim country??

nice Muslim country, Job's readily available (i hope), buff whether for life. I swear my life expectancy will raise if i just get out of the UK. I don't really care where i got, i also wouldn't mind living in Turkey, north Africa somplace, somaliland, anywhere but here:biggrin:
Reply 150
goldenGAZE
nice Muslim country, Job's readily available (i hope), buff whether for life. I swear my life expectancy will raise if i just get out of the UK. I don't really care where i got, i also wouldn't mind living in Turkey, north Africa somplace, somaliland, anywhere but here:biggrin:

loool...ok...Turkey ..never....Sland ...lifes hard over there and no jobs....North Africa hmmm....I wouldnt mind living in Egypt in the future inshaAllah..that way I would learn Arabic as well which ive always wanted to do...the possibilities are endless lol...
Reply 151
goldenGAZE

Im currently living in Egypt,and its really hard for a foreigner to find a job unless you're from an embassy or some international company. Well thats what i heard.
The middle east is only good because of the Islamic environment that you find in some places, Sharjah, Saudi etc...some *cough*Dubai*cough* might be worse than the UK.

Jobs wise, if you're qualified you'll probably find a job but your prospects would be much, much better (and salary) if you have a Western passport of some sort. With a Somali passport, you'll fall in the bottom of the pay-list, regardless of your qualification in the Gulf countries.
Reply 153
^^dude I have the special red passport...:cool:

lol at cough cough:biggrin:
My green one is pretty...
Reply 155
^^^lol...not better than mine ...lol...which one do u have then???
Somali Democratic Republic...

I wish the ICU were in power...
Reply 157
^^^^uuuuumm why do u have that one??Is it coz Somaliland is not recognised?yh me too...
Sine
^^^^uuuuumm why do u have that one??Is it coz Somaliland is not recognised?yh me too...

Does a Somaliland one even exist? I doubt it considering it's not a recognized 'country' by international standards.

Besides, my dad got his passport some 40 yrs before Somaliland decided to separate itself from Somalia. I, by default got the same back when there was a Somali embassy...I was a dependent in my mother's passport for a long time though, who is a southerner.

Somehow, after being a Somali for 50 yrs or so, my dad didn't quite appreciate someone telling him he no longer is Somali but now is a Somalilander....and I don't blame him.
Reply 159
:yep: it does....
anyways,here it is ....
I want to get one next time I go S/Land and keep it as a souvenir lol...

The only place u can probably go with it is Ethiopia lol...

passport.jpg

Latest