The Student Room Group

I was too intense with my girlfriend - now she has the power...

I fell quite hard for my girlfriend early on in our relationship. She told me she had fallen for me too, so I just continued being all soppy and went WAY overboard.
Girls don't like constant soppiness, so she asked me if I could stop being so intense. I agreed, and now we're back to normal :smile:

Anyway, now that I've calmed down, I find that I made myself the girl in the relationship. I'm the one that misses her instead of her missing me. I know she likes me ridiculous amounts, she just manages not to show it as much and sorta makes me chase her to try and get her to show affection to me.

I don't like this because she will eventually get fed up with me being so predictable ie. always chasing her.
I just need some advice as to how I can show some dominance to her to make her chase me a bit.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why dont you actually back off for a bit, dont text her until she texts you, dont call her until she calls you!! If she questions you just say I didnt think you wanted me to text you all the time she will end up texting you first or it being a little more fair on both parts
Reply 2
Lol.
Girls don't like constant soppiness
If you knew that, then why did you do it?
Don't play games, just try and be normal...
Reply 3
its pretty much doomed now, end it or be a bitch for life.
Reply 4
Original post by KJ21
Why dont you actually back off for a bit, dont text her until she texts you, dont call her until she calls you!! If she questions you just say I didnt think you wanted me to text you all the time she will end up texting you first or it being a little more fair on both parts

Like this user says, back off a little. If you think it's possible and you wouldn't hurt anybody try making her jealous a little by lightly flirting with other girls. Try not to be the one who comes up to her all the time and don't text her until she texts you.
Reply 5
Original post by alissasantiago
Lol. If you knew that, then why did you do it?
Don't play games, just try and be normal...

The point is I didn't know that. This is my first relationship and I wasn't expecting such aun unfortunate rush of emotion lol.

Being too nice is annoying isn't it! I just don't know how to be not nice without being plain harsh :p:
Reply 6
Original post by Roxas13
Like this user says, back off a little. If you think it's possible and you wouldn't hurt anybody try making her jealous a little by lightly flirting with other girls. Try not to be the one who comes up to her all the time and don't text her until she texts you.

Me and her aren't the jealous type lol. She goes out into town without me (I'm not yet 18 lol) and always has the guys buzzing around her, asking her for sex (they aren't gentleman :p:). I trust her an awful lot, and she trusts me the same - jealousy won't work.

I guess I'm worried that she won't come up to me and we won't see eachother!
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Me and her aren't the jealous type lol. She goes out into town without me (I'm not yet 18 lol) and always has the guys buzzing around her, asking her for sex (they aren't gentleman :p:). I trust her an awful lot, and she trusts me the same - jealousy won't work.

I guess I'm worried that she won't come up to me and we won't see eachother!

If she really likes you she'd be willing to do some of the leg work. Believe me, I learnt that today. :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Roxas13
If she really likes you she'd be willing to do some of the leg work. Believe me, I learnt that today. :frown:

Fair enough. I guess I'll just have to see how she reacts and then go from there. Doesn't feel so good knowing that it could end up being the end of my relationship with her if she decides she doesn't need me in her life afterall :p:

I'm fairly confident that won't be the case though... She's not a bitch.
Reply 9
Fair enough. I guess I'll just have to see how she reacts and then go from there. Doesn't feel so good knowing that it could end up being the end of my relationship with her if she decides she doesn't need me in her life afterall :p:

It's not fair on you if you have to constantly please her. If she doesn't need you, then you don't need her.
Original post by KJ21

If she questions you DO NOT say that ^^. Trust me it would not end well!
**** her. Dominantly.

Um, why would her deciding she doesn't need you make her a bitch?

It just sounds like you like her more than she likes you. Also sounds like you're a bit bitter about it.
I can smell your pussy from here
Reply 14
Original post by missygeorgia
Um, why would her deciding she doesn't need you make her a bitch?

It just sounds like you like her more than she likes you. Also sounds like you're a bit bitter about it.

What I meant was that she wouldn't all of a sudden decide that she doesn't like me because I haven't had a chance to bore her yet lol :wink: We've been going out for almost 2 months so I've got a month or two before she gets bored of my constant attention (if I don't change, that is).

I am a bit bitter about it to be honest. I don't like being in this position lol and want to give her less attention, but Idon't want to lose her and I'd do pretty much anything to keep her. Catch 22 really, hence why I'm asking for advice! :smile:
I fell quite hard for my girlfriend early on in our relationship. She told me she had fallen for me too, so I just continued being all soppy and went WAY overboard.
Girls don't like constant soppiness, so she asked me if I could stop being so intense. I agreed, and now we're back to normal :smile:

Anyway, now that I've calmed down, I find that I made myself the girl in the relationship. I'm the one that misses her instead of her missing me. I know she likes me ridiculous amounts, she just manages not to show it as much and sorta makes me chase her to try and get her to show affection to me.

I don't like this because she will eventually get fed up with me being so predictable ie. always chasing her.
I just need some advice as to how I can show some dominance to her to make her chase me a bit.

two words

MAN UP!!
man the hell up! and stop playing these games! she wouldnt be with you if she didnt like you!
Maybe she doesn't want you to stop being so attentive? It could just be that she likes you just as much as you like her, but shows her emotions differently while accepting that you are more outwardly demonstrative than her. It's not a crime, I bet there are plenty of girls on here who wish their boyfriend was as attentive as you!
Reply 18

if she doesnt like you as much and dumps you it doesnt make her a bitch, just means she didnt like you
Reply 19
firstly there isnt "girl" and "boy" postions in a relationship really, some girls are the more soppy ones and other times its the guy who is and secondly whats wrong with her "having the power" as you put it, if its a loving and fair relationship there isnt any power on any side surely its equal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending