The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
nay.

i went out in an antique bowler hat (100+yrs old) and a striped blazer from Gieves and Hawkes last night. (and ofc waistcoat, cravat, new trousers and prada shoes :P lol name drop) got sooo many compliments. only hired it unfortunately but was interesting speaking to the guy who runs the place i got them from, geniuine savile row stuff, costs a bomb but soo nice. been searching for a similar blazer since. but short of spending £250, it aint gonna happen :frown:
Reply 401

Original post by Adds
nay.

i went out in an antique bowler hat (100+yrs old) and a striped blazer from Gieves and Hawkes last night. (and ofc waistcoat, cravat, new trousers and prada shoes :P lol name drop) got sooo many compliments. only hired it unfortunately but was interesting speaking to the guy who runs the place i got them from, geniuine savile row stuff, costs a bomb but soo nice. been searching for a similar blazer since. but short of spending £250, it aint gonna happen :frown:

Get it second hand. I got a Gieves jacket off eBay the other week. From 1983, walked into Gieves today and straight away one of the guys said to me "nice jacket" :mmm:
Reply 402
That's it, Jedward are my new fashion inspiration. If it isn't shiny and red with huge studded shoulder pads then quite frankly I'm not interested.
Reply 403
what do u guys think on the casual chinos they have out there? something like this:

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/men/casualwear/48/2
Reply 404
I think that they're cuffed
I quite like the look of cuffed chinos, mainly because I think that straight chinos are boring. (Sorry if this is not the opinion of everyone else)
Reply 406
Not into cuffed anything tbh.
Original post by George K
I quite like the look of cuffed chinos, mainly because I think that straight chinos are boring. (Sorry if this is not the opinion of everyone else)

Straight chinos are always in style, timeless and look great.

Cuffed chinos look like part of a hazmat suit gone wrong.
Hands down, the single most beautiful item of clothing I have ever seen ( and actually worn in Gucci NYC earlier this year)

http://www.gucci.com/us/styles/222356XM7592020#

:daydreaming:
Original post by Adds
nay.

great shout on the Gieves blazer my friend!
I invested in one a few weeks ago: tailor, fitted, gold buttons X2, gold hardware and deep navy blue :colone:
Reply 411
I have an interview for Gieves tomorrow :mmm: :coma:
Original post by Mess.
I have an interview for Gieves tomorrow :mmm: :coma:

well :coma: indeed!
Saville Row I assume?
And can I ask how you managed to get an interview?!?
Reply 413
Original post by thewiseone

Original post by thewiseone
well :coma: indeed!
Saville Row I assume?
And can I ask how you managed to get an interview?!?

It is in the Liverpool one :h:

I noticed they were looking for someone so I popped a CV in on Friday (previously worked for TM and currently work for DKNY) and they phoned me up on the Saturday to see if I was available for an informal chat. Popped in (just happened to be wearing my vintage Gieves sports jacket :teehee: ) and they asked me if I was available for an interview tomorrow morning :coma:

I have tried to revise a few things. I know about Gieves as a company, what it offers, why it is the best, its Royal Warrants etc. But I was thinking about brushing up on my general suit knowledge in terms of material and technical specifics.

I also read a couple of blogs about high end suit trends for the coming year.

:holmes:
Original post by Mess.
It is in the Liverpool one :h:

I noticed they were looking for someone so I popped a CV in on Friday (previously worked for TM and currently work for DKNY) and they phoned me up on the Saturday to see if I was available for an informal chat. Popped in (just happened to be wearing my vintage Gieves sports jacket :teehee: ) and they asked me if I was available for an interview tomorrow morning :coma:

I have tried to revise a few things. I know about Gieves as a company, what it offers, why it is the best, its Royal Warrants etc. But I was thinking about brushing up on my general suit knowledge in terms of material and technical specifics.

I also read a couple of blogs about high end suit trends for the coming year.

:holmes:

You are so lucky :moon:
Reply 415
For the interview I am thinking of going simple. Navy with a slightly different shade of navy pinstripe, DKNY suit. Dark Brown brogues. White shirt, windsor collar. Bit darker that royal but lighter than navy tie with a white fleur de lis pattern.

:beard:
Reply 416
Original post by Mess.
For the interview I am thinking of going simple. Navy with a slightly different shade of navy pinstripe, DKNY suit. Dark Brown brogues. White shirt, windsor collar. Bit darker that royal but lighter than navy tie with a white fleur de lis pattern.

:beard:

I'd go with black brogues, but that's just me. Good luck!
Reply 417
good luck indeed. would be a nice place to get a job.
i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one.
Reply 418
ok is this a good look thnx

just for chillin' like?
Original post by BigJ
ok is this a good look thnx

just for chillin' like?

would neg-rep if I could.

edit1: will neg-rep tomorrow.
edit2: have neg-repped today.
(edited 12 years ago)