The Student Room Group

HSBC open on christmas eve

Are banks generally open on christmas eve? What time would you expect them to be open until?

Ive lost my card and need to take out some cash to last me through the holidays!
I'd expect them to be open until about lunchtime.. but Google is your friend!
Reply 2
I have googled. Lots of different times given. Nothing from HSBC itself. So just wondered if anyone here knew.
I'm going into London tomorrow and I've checked out all the shops I want to check out, and they're all open. However they close early, around 5-6PM. While it's not completely relevant, it at least tells you that not everything is closed, and hopefully the banks won't be either :wink: .
Reply 4
Original post by Gemma :)!
I'd expect them to be open until about lunchtime.. but Google is your friend!

You would expect what to be open until about lunchtime? and google is whose friend?

I never get your posts, I don't think we can be best friends any more.
They will probably only open until midday.
Original post by 4TSR
You would expect what to be open until about lunchtime? and google is whose friend?

I never get your posts, I don't think we can be best friends any more.

Alright you're seriously pissing me off now- have you got nothing better to do than reply to my posts with your stupid childish immature comments? Get a bloody life.
Reply 7
Alright you're seriously pissing me off now

Mission accomplished -

Hmmm, so now who's next.
Original post by 4TSR
Mission accomplished -

Hmmm, so now who's next.

Glad you're satisfied. Merry Christmas!
Reply 9
Glad you're satisfied. Merry Christmas!

You too, and a happy new year! :biggrin:
Reply 10
They're open till about 1 in the afternoon tomorrow, apparently, according to my dad (who works for HSBC) :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
When do they reopen now? i'm guessing the 27th....need to put some money in because my phone bill came out and now i'm OD :frown:
Original post by no-fat-chicks
When do they reopen now? i'm guessing the 27th....need to put some money in because my phone bill came out and now i'm OD :frown:

Wednesday as today and tomorrow are bank holidays... well at least my local HSBC is closed until Wednesday.

Quick Reply

Latest