The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Uni - Anyone else whose not into constant clubbing and getting drunk?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Cookie_crumbs
Messed up accommodation application? I was sharing with an international student from Italy/Brazil who got to keep the room. :/ Ah well. I prefer Bencraft in terms of the people, it seems more close-knit than Glen Eyre.

Yeah its hard to find someone you haven't seen around in Bencraft actually :P i haven't been in Glen Eyre much though
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Hatchet
Yeah I actually have a really good view of Roll Court from my room, currently studying econ + finance but just recently finished exams so its all good for now. Until I get my results anyway :frown:.

yeah but at least exams are over and we can breathe a sigh of relief until the results come out!
Reply 22
Original post by victoria_d
yeah but at least exams are over and we can breathe a sigh of relief until the results come out!

Yeah, I fear I have failed one of my modules pretty damn badly though. Hopefully I can still retake it again in the summer though. Do you know when we find out results?
Reply 23
Does solent count as well? =)
Reply 24
i am in my third year i really dont like clubbing but when i havent been for ages i kind of forget how bad it is so i go along and then realise pretty quickly that i still dont like it an want to go home early :/ i think i have to be quite drunk to enjoy it and theres a fine line between me being drunk and happy and being drunk and making a fool out of myself and feeling awful the next day! my course mates want me to go jesters tonight and i said i would but i really dont wanna go now :/ i feel bad cos i dont see much of them outside uni hours but i would rather go for a meal/cinema/bowling...
Reply 25
Original post by Appeltree
Does solent count as well? =)

Why not :smile: We're all in the same city afterall! What are you studying?
Reply 26
Original post by Hatchet
Yeah, I fear I have failed one of my modules pretty damn badly though. Hopefully I can still retake it again in the summer though. Do you know when we find out results?

No, I actually don't know. Though I heard somewhere it takes about 4 weeks for the marks to come back to us, and we get them through sussed or something? Noo idea..
Reply 27
As someone who can't stand the taste of most booze, it's been a hard three years!
Reply 28
Original post by glf2110
I got twinned :frown:
But then detwinned 2 days before moving in. :smile:
They also gave me part catered after asking for self catered. :frown:
But the going down with your flatmates to eat together is great. :smile:

All in all, very happy. (Huge room as well):biggrin:

Connaught?
Reply 29
I'm a first year in Monte and not overly bothered about clubbing and drinking. In a flat with 5 international students who keep themselves to themselves so we barely see each other. Anyone found any decent societies to join? As you can tell by me writing this post on a Saturday night, I could probably do with getting out more!
Reply 30
hi guys.

im an applicant to southampton this year for economics and philosophy, and have been asked to a visit day and interview next week with the philosophy department. was just wondering whether any of you guys had been to an interview before getting accepted and had any advice for me?

also, im not really too sure what to wear - would a suit be too formal?

thanks a lot everybody

ps apologies this is not thread related.
Reply 31
Original post by hamijack
Connaught?

:thumbsup:
Reply 32
Original post by glf2110
:thumbsup:

:biggrin:
Same, which block?
Reply 33
Original post by Mill24
I'm a first year in Monte and not overly bothered about clubbing and drinking. In a flat with 5 international students who keep themselves to themselves so we barely see each other. Anyone found any decent societies to join? As you can tell by me writing this post on a Saturday night, I could probably do with getting out more!

Haha exactly the same dilemma here. I want to join some societies but haven't really found anything that really interests me. They seem either drinks related once you get there or really competitive sports wise :/ What course are you studying? :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by ugk4life
hi guys.

im an applicant to southampton this year for economics and philosophy, and have been asked to a visit day and interview next week with the philosophy department. was just wondering whether any of you guys had been to an interview before getting accepted and had any advice for me?

also, im not really too sure what to wear - would a suit be too formal?

thanks a lot everybody

ps apologies this is not thread related.

I had an interview last year but for languages, so i can't really help much. Though if it's anything similar to mine it's more personal statement based and asking what itis about the course and the uni that makes you want to study here. So really just make sure you know your personal statement and have things to say about what you've done and your interests..
Clothes wise, I don't think people were that formal. Some were in Uniform but I don't think you have to go uber formal.
Hope that's all somewhat helpful :smile:
Reply 35
I had an interview last year but for languages, so i can't really help much. Though if it's anything similar to mine it's more personal statement based and asking what itis about the course and the uni that makes you want to study here. So really just make sure you know your personal statement and have things to say about what you've done and your interests..
Clothes wise, I don't think people were that formal. Some were in Uniform but I don't think you have to go uber formal.
Hope that's all somewhat helpful :smile:

OK thanks a lot, yeah I'm just gonna read over the books I mentioned in my ps . also need to check what the course actually involves lol.

thanks
Reply 36
Haha exactly the same dilemma here. I want to join some societies but haven't really found anything that really interests me. They seem either drinks related once you get there or really competitive sports wise :/ What course are you studying? :smile:

I'm doing nursing (mental health). I'd love the thought of joining a film club or baking or something. Don't mind a bit of exercise but definitely not the competitive type. I'm not massively shy, but the idea of turning up to a society by myself is rather scary! Maybe I should just man-up(not in the literal sense) and rock up to one. How bad can it be?!
Reply 37
Are there any societies you guys are planning to join? I'll probably attend one or two this week but none really jump out at me.
Reply 38
I want to have a look at some too but there doesn't appear to be a big lot. I might join that Union Films thing, seems like it could be worth a go
Reply 39
Original post by rgraham285
I want to have a look at some too but there doesn't appear to be a big lot. I might join that Union Films thing, seems like it could be worth a go

That does look pretty good, a bargain as well. They show some decent stuff too, One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest is on at the weekend which is a classic!

Quick Reply

Latest