The Student Room Group

The Magnificently Revamped Superduper Shiny Revision Thread 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4060
As usual I ended up leaving most of my work to the last minute despite my best efforts :rolleyes:

At least I got a good break away from school and everything. I'm hoping that I can get back into a routine when school starts up again.

Going to try and complete some D1 homework tonight.
Done some more of my user manual today. Feeling sleepy but I'm going to try and indent/comment more code :yawn:
Today:

- Homework 1 (Must complete for tomorrow :tongue:)
- Homework 2
- Work on Computing project
*Go over mechanics notes
*Plan interviews and/or questionnaires for part b of my project.
*Hardware components
*Kirchoff's laws
*Circuits - combining resistors

Do not give in!!!!
Onwards to victory!!!!

:horse:
Reply 4064
To-do:

- questions on transition metals
- biology essay
- questions on algorithms, graphs and networks, linear programming and matchings :erm:
Original post by tamii05
To-do:

- questions on transition metals
- biology essay
- questions on algorithms, graphs and networks, linear programming and matchings :erm:

Is that Decision? Algorithms are a nightmare in Computing :frown: Have fun :tongue:
I can't believe I have to go back tomorrow, after a very unproductive and demotivating half-term. I've become so lazy and have left everything to the last minute, I've had 3 essays to plan and 2 to write, and I only got as far as planning one of them and not writing any. Don't even get me started on resits for summer exams, I haven't even started the revising for that. There is also the EPQ issue, I've only written 4000 words when I need to write 6000, I haven't planned my presentation and my project log and sources log haven't been updated for at least a couple of weeks. The thing is I know I've got so much to do, yet I just keep putting things off and I'm actually scared of starting to do them, because then I'll realise how much I need to do, which will scare me even more. At this rate, I don't think I'm going to get into uni. I need to just suck it up and actually do something about it.
Original post by Pensivedore
I can't believe I have to go back tomorrow, after a very unproductive and demotivating half-term. I've become so lazy and have left everything to the last minute, I've had 3 essays to plan and 2 to write, and I only got as far as planning one of them and not writing any. Don't even get me started on resits for summer exams, I haven't even started the revising for that. There is also the EPQ issue, I've only written 4000 words when I need to write 6000, I haven't planned my presentation and my project log and sources log haven't been updated for at least a couple of weeks. The thing is I know I've got so much to do, yet I just keep putting things off and I'm actually scared of starting to do them, because then I'll realise how much I need to do, which will scare me even more. At this rate, I don't think I'm going to get into uni. I need to just suck it up and actually do something about it.

:hugs: I know EXACTLY how you feel! Even right now, I've got my essay plan in front of me and I just need to get going but there's just no motivation there.

I think the best thing to do, although it sounds near-impossible, is to just start. For me, once I know I've started some work, I get some motivation back and I know that I'm at least on my way. Maybe just forcing yourself into it will help, in a way? With the essays, break them up into bits, like a paragraph or two at a time - I do this sometimes, rather than looking at the essay as this huge thing, and it does take some pressure off. You could also ask for some extensions if it helps and your teachers are nice enough :smile:

For what it's worth, your posts on here show that you're really organised and productive, and you seem to work really hard, so it's no wonder you needed a (well-deserved) break! It's only a few more months and it'll all be worth it in the end :smile:
Original post by FuzzySheep
:hugs: I know EXACTLY how you feel! Even right now, I've got my essay plan in front of me and I just need to get going but there's just no motivation there.

I think the best thing to do, although it sounds near-impossible, is to just start. For me, once I know I've started some work, I get some motivation back and I know that I'm at least on my way. Maybe just forcing yourself into it will help, in a way? With the essays, break them up into bits, like a paragraph or two at a time - I do this sometimes, rather than looking at the essay as this huge thing, and it does take some pressure off. You could also ask for some extensions if it helps and your teachers are nice enough :smile:

For what it's worth, your posts on here show that you're really organised and productive, and you seem to work really hard, so it's no wonder you needed a (well-deserved) break! It's only a few more months and it'll all be worth it in the end :smile:

Thanks. You're right, I need to just start it. Maybe then I'll get out of the vicious circle of not doing anything, but also not doing anything about the fact that I haven't done anything.

I think I might try the tip with the essays as normaly I just sit there, and try to do the whole thing and then just stop when I don't know what to write. Asking for an extension is just unheard of when it comes to my teachers, especially since I've had the entire half-term to do do the work.

To be honest, I don't think I do enough work, and I ALWAYS underestimate how long it actually takes to do things and then end up with a big pile of things to do.

Thanks for your help :smile:
Thanks. You're right, I need to just start it. Maybe then I'll get out of the vicious circle of not doing anything, but also not doing anything about the fact that I haven't done anything.

I think I might try the tip with the essays as normaly I just sit there, and try to do the whole thing and then just stop when I don't know what to write. Asking for an extension is just unheard of when it comes to my teachers, especially since I've had the entire half-term to do do the work.

To be honest, I don't think I do enough work, and I ALWAYS underestimate how long it actually takes to do things and then end up with a big pile of things to do.

Thanks for your help :smile:

No problem at all. I hope all goes well, best of luck :smile:
I am doing Philosophy, English Lit, History and Maths A-Level and my revision plan is pretty much writing about 3 essays each day and reading up on the mark scheme on each subject to ensure that I know precisely what the examiners want.

Maths is complete *******s, I hardly ever revise for that :frown:
Why have i left everything last minute?!! :frown:
Got to type up coursework for Othello, another piece of english coursework to do (make amendments) and SOOOOO much reading (16 chapters to be exact) and The Kite Runner questions along with summarising each chapter. :frown: i wish i did this earlier...I haven't even begun to consolidate my work. ARGH!
Reply 4072
Trying to memorise DNA replication after a few drinks isn't a good idea :no:
Today has been very productive /sarcasm. Slept in until I had to get up for reffing, reffed, then went to the pub.
Reply 4073
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
Is that Decision? Algorithms are a nightmare in Computing :frown: Have fun :tongue:

Yep. Still doing it now - it's just so boring!

You just wrote practically everything I was thinking. Still got so much to do before tomorrow! :s-smilie:
Original post by lilzoldier
I am doing Philosophy, English Lit, History and Maths A-Level and my revision plan is pretty much writing about 3 essays each day and reading up on the mark scheme on each subject to ensure that I know precisely what the examiners want.

Maths is complete *******s, I hardly ever revise for that :frown:

Your sig!! :afraid:

I feel exactly the same. I don't even deserve to go Uni the way I'm working :frown: My teachers are started to become stricter now and more focused with work.
Reply 4076
To-do:

- BIOL5, synoptic essay
- D1, complete questions
- CHEM2, revise haloalkanes
- CHEM4, organic questions
- BIOL5, plan for another synoptic essay
- C4, binomial distribution questions

:sad: :yawn:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tamii05
To-do:

- BIOL5, synoptic essay
- D1, complete questions
- CHEM2, revise haloalkanes
- CHEM4, organic questions
- BIOL5, plan for another synoptic essay
- C4, binomial distribution questions

:sad: :yawn:

Working hard! :smile:

Today:
- Technical solution - Listing methods/procedures/files
- Technical solution - Variable lists
- Technical solution - Database tables
Reply 4078
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
Working hard! :smile:

Today:
- Technical solution - Listing methods/procedures/files
- Technical solution - Variable lists
- Technical solution - Database tables

Haha, yes. Trying to get into a routine.
I really need to become a part of this thread, it seems really motivating! My EPQ is due in in its final form in 3 weeks and I have written... an introductory paragraph. Splendid. Also suffering with some exam technique in History, and need to do French grammar... hmm.

Quick Reply