The Student Room Group

What maks British accents so hot? Would you date an Australian guy/girl

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stephiebee
I like Australian accents a lot. I guess stereotype of Australian guy is laid back, easygoing, likes nature, tanned, well-built and into the whole 'body is a temple' thing. I think of beachy surfer guys when I think of Australian blokes but I know that's just a stereotype I've got XD

Though ijw say, you'll find a big variation between people if you come. There are a lot of girls and guys who aren't at all like you describe!

I like how we've got lots in common but also many differences that make british-aussie relationships so hot. I totally fit that stereotype. Ok maybe i don't but i can see where it comes from .I've def seen lots of guys like that but then plenty who are also. The stereotype we have of british girls is that they're approachable, friendly, have hot accents and some might think they're all prim and proper like Kate Winslet in Titanic or her in sense and sensibility. Someone who is down to earth and you can have a drink with.
Original post by tannedboomerang
That's cool. I find british, welsh, irish accents hot as well.
This vid of hot accents of british guys is for all the ladies.

What type of accent do you have Alex?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWcTmFmqrYI

idk i think i might even turn bi for a british guy with a hot accent.
i mean theoretically speaking.

Apparently I have a birmingham accent (slightly)
But im from the midlands ( Near Derby)
Original post by translucent
hahaha why don't you watch geordie shore :teehee:, then see how 'beautiful' geordie accents are and how sophisticated British girls are (the show does represent a small minority though :wink:), you're expectations are very high, and I'm afraid you will be dissapointed when you come here :rolleyes:

to answer you're question, I don't really hold stereotypes of australian men, I would date a nice guy if he happened to be australian, I wouldn't really care what accent he had :rolleyes:, don't bother listening to my opinion, I know there many girls in england that find australian accents hot but it just doesn't turn me on:smile:

you thread is so adorable :fan:

what is geordie shore? is it like jersey shore with geordie accents..
i youtubed it..and the girls seem interesting from this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm8vDlj7jaU promo video.
i did laugh when she said she won't date anyone who doesnt have a six pack. would that include a six pack of beer.

if i need to i will lower my expectations. they'll still have the hot accents though :smile:

i guess accents are the main thing but its just something that turns me on. i can't help it if i want to kiss a british girl :smile:

:colondollar:
Reply 83
I have a Scottish accent.

One at a time, ladies.
Original post by Alex17595
Apparently I have a birmingham accent (slightly)
But im from the midlands ( Near Derby)

Ahh the famous Birmingham accent :smile: What places would you recommend as must visit places in birmingham and the midlands.
Original post by Hermóðr
I have a Scottish accent.

One at a time, ladies.

Scottish accents are hot !!!!!
i'm sure you don't have to limit yourself to one if you don't want to.
:P

I think men in kilts are really good looking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PcsTd5RF6g
Ahh the famous Birmingham accent :smile: What places would you recommend as must visit places in birmingham and the midlands.

Its not a strong birmingham accent :rolleyes:
As for places to visit...
I don't know anywhere exciting

Matlock in the peak district is nice :smile:
or is it in the peak district..... Havent lived there for a couple of years so im not sure.
what is geordie shore? is it like jersey shore with geordie accents..
i youtubed it..and the girls seem interesting from this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm8vDlj7jaU promo video.
i did laugh when she said she won't date anyone who doesnt have a six pack. would that include a six pack of beer.

if i need to i will lower my expectations. they'll still have the hot accents though :smile:

i guess accents are the main thing but its just something that turns me on. i can't help it if i want to kiss a british girl :smile:

:colondollar:
It's the same concept as jersey shore, just sluttier people, actual sex, and it's disgusting. It's also not as funny as jersey shore.
That promo video is misleading, you should watch the first epidosde :puke:
the unorginal joke made me chuckle by the way :wink: :giggle:
I want to achieve my best in my studies but how can one wish to have a good career when their life is not complete? I worry that we may not be together and my heart twists in agony. I've been doing maths today and I keep writing infinity by accident because I'm subconsciously thinking of how long I want to live my life alongside you :colondollar:

I am holding that koala bear because I miss the security of your strong hairy arms; like a blanket wrapped around me. Oh yes, my fair prince! Our story is so touching that even the most heartless villain will experience a damp eye :yep:

I have a collection of my Wolverine pictures here... I cherish them so dearly. I - I just can't let them go. I went out and made a box with my bare hands and I placed all of them inside the box and sprayed it with perfume :h:

Obstacles are created by the hopeless fools. Their foolishness exceeds any other quality they have. Oh how sad I grow when you speak of our infrequent meetings! :emo: I wish it were not that way... I wish we could be as close as grass is to the soil and as print is to paper.

I feel as though when you speak you are speaking from your heart. I kne this story must have been imprinted as there is no other possible way for you to have related it so beautifully. It was so heart-rendering when I looked into your eyes and I could see the pain you felt when you were thinking of how we cannot be together. I couldn't bear to see you so sad :frown:

My words are not kind enough... They can never explain your true qualities. Sometimes I refrain from talking about you because I am worried the words will be unjust to your nobility :colondollar:

You are probably sleeping my sweet lion, I wished I could have tucked you in so lovingly as you did to me. All I can do now is wish you sweet dreams too :love:

I wrote this really long message and then fell asleep on my laptop again. Then when i woke up my computer had shutdown and my post had gone. So i will try to create the awesomeness of the epic last post i wrote.
So have your nights of sleep been the past few days? I know i've been far away and all but i have been there in spirit. Hope you're feeling better.

Do not worry by the time your career is made i'll have made my way to the UK and the distance between us will be less..and the age difference won't hold as much importance. When i was eating pie today i thought about you thinking of how pi goes on for infinity..and how i wouldn't want to wait for infinity to have lunch with you. That i must plan an elaborate lunch for the both of us before i get to the UK.:colondollar:

I am sure our story will melt even the most rigid heart and it won't be long before my strong, hairy arms surround you and you are engulfed in the security that my arms provide. Till then the koala bear's slender hairy arms must provide a substitute.

I like to hear that you've sprayed your wolverine pics with perfume.Now i must ask what type of perfume..so that i can imagine the scent of such perfume close to me as it would be when you are close to me.

I wish we could be as close as that ..but you are right we must not let distance separate our paths.Though you are like sky and i am like ground we will always remain in touch even if like waves on the beach we are only able to meet/touch infrequently.

Do not worry sweet rose..with the scent of your perfume around me..distance shall not separate us.

I wish you could tuck me in today. I know if you do i will have sweet dreams. I will resist the urge to pull you in and have you cuddle with me.
Original post by tehFrance
From the few I have met they do, all of them were tanned, blonde and knew how to have a good laugh... so much different to the English women who although they have a laugh they are generally overweight and binge drinkers and French whom while in the UK all I have met are boring women that complain, makes no sense, in France they are slightly better though but nothing on the Aussie I have met :tongue: :colone:

Hoping to go out for a year in my third year, Gold Coast baby :smug:

most aussie girls are pretty cool..they're not all blondes though :P some are brunettes and other backgrounds. i don't agree that all english women are generally like that. i'm sure there are many you haven't met. the ones on studentroom are quite friendly and awesome.

u'll love the gold coast and i have to say there are plenty of blondes over there. Aussie girls are totally into the british accent.
Original post by hasan4life
i salute u sir :hat2:

thank you sir :smile:
Original post by Jaydiee
Yes, I like the Australian accent :smile: Yes. I have no stereotypes as everyone in the world is different. Although all the guys you see on Neighbours and Home and Away are really similar, so a lot of peoples' first thoughts start there.... the majority of stereotypes are heavily influenced by the media.
I was answering in order so didn't notice that you then went on to mention both those soaps :tongue:

As an extra point, Australian people, in general, come across as a lot more relaxed and living at a slower pace of life. Again, I'm sure this is a common misconception :redface:

Hey Jaydiee..i know that we like british accents as much if not more. There are a lot of guys like the ones on the soaps but not all. i mean i have similar qualities but im more nerdier and not as much of a beach person but im am pretty relaxed and slower paced. i guess most of the media impression is really positive so i cant complain. hopefully people who come to Australia won't be disappointed. :smile:
I used to watch some of those soaps a while ago but not as much anymore :P :smile: if they had a visiting british student or tourist i might get into watching it again :wink:
we are kind of relaxed and carefree. i guess its because we're so isolated from teh world being an island in southern hemisphere and we're not connected to any countries which i wish we were. It's so awesome that in europe you can catch a train and end up in a new country. wish we could do that sometimes.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Can confirm that the Aussie accent is so hawt it sometimes makes me question my own sexuality :tongue:

My ex used to freak out when I did my Austrian accent :eek: but go weak for my Aussie one, and even asked me to keep it, the cheeky tart! :awesome:

True, that's how I think of it, often mix between them in attempting to emulate one or t'other. Think SA sounds a bit more dorky though, not keen on the Germanic influence in Afrikaans either

I have the exact same feelings about the British accents. :smile: aussie guys havent been able to convert me but maybe british guys will :P lol.
hmm i dont knw much about the austrian accent. i must google that. ive been practicing my geordie accent though..thanks to the help of yt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sumStCchdn8
your ex should have gone weak for your british accent...but if she was british or had the same accent then i guess it wouldnt hold same amount of fascination.
Original post by TheShapeofPunk
Haha I'm thinking about moving to Aus after uni so hopefully there's loads of guys like you there :tongue:

thats awesome. which part of Aus? what if all the guys like me move to UK by then :P
Original post by Alex17595
Its not a strong birmingham accent :rolleyes:
As for places to visit...
I don't know anywhere exciting

Matlock in the peak district is nice :smile:
or is it in the peak district..... Havent lived there for a couple of years so im not sure.

thanks for all the suggestions. i'll give it a shot if im ever in birmingham.
:smile:
Original post by translucent
It's the same concept as jersey shore, just sluttier people, actual sex, and it's disgusting. It's also not as funny as jersey shore.
That promo video is misleading, you should watch the first epidosde :puke:
the unorginal joke made me chuckle by the way :wink: :giggle:

i guess it prob wont be as good as the original..but then remakes usually arent.
but they have hotter accents. ive been working on my geordie accent with the help of yt. I guess the classier and well adjusted guys and girls don't go for cheap publicity shows like these. Some seem quite narcisstic. :eek:
let me know if its accurate.
hmm let me check out the first episode :smile:
i am sure the british chuckle is as hot as the accent :smile:

:smile: :colondollar:
Reply 96
I'm quite fond of Australia, I learnt to swim without arm bands there. Last year was good times * reminisces*
i guess it prob wont be as good as the original..but then remakes usually arent.
but they have hotter accents. ive been working on my geordie accent with the help of yt. I guess the classier and well adjusted guys and girls don't go for cheap publicity shows like these. Some seem quite narcisstic. :eek:
let me know if its accurate.
hmm let me check out the first episode :smile:
i am sure the british chuckle is as hot as the accent :smile:

:smile: :colondollar:

can't believe you forced me into that incredibly boring clip :colondollar: I didn't hear much of a accent just the pronounciation of a few words, quite accurate - I'm sure people differ how strong their geordie accent is, cherly cole (who? reality tv judge, popstar) has a subtle geordie accent; I don't however live in newcastle, my opinion might be completly invalid to you :biggrin:
...I bet you youtubed 'british chuckle' :colone:

here's cherly cole talking, just for you :wink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uL2OiMqZRU
has a subtle geordie accent; I don't however live in newcastle, my opinion might be completly invalid to you :biggrin:
...I bet you youtubed 'british chuckle' :colone:

here's cherly cole talking, just for you :wink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uL2OiMqZRU

i listened to that geordie show promo at least 15 times lol. do you think i might be slightly obsessed with british accents :P
sorry about the clip it was kind of boring. if only a british female, preferably from Newcastle, was giving a lesson on british accents it would have been so much better. :P :smile: What type of accents do you get in Newcastle?
Cheryl cole's accent is quite hot..especially when she says "i luv her" i like the way british people say "luv" and "innit." ive said it here a few times and people think i'm trying too hard.

how did you know i youtubed british chuckle? i am too predictable. :smile: but i mean if an accent is hot the chuckle must be twice as hot :colone:
i listened to that geordie show promo at least 15 times lol. do you think i might be slightly obsessed with british accents :P
sorry about the clip it was kind of boring. if only a british female, preferably from Newcastle, was giving a lesson on british accents it would have been so much better. :P :smile: What type of accents do you get in Newcastle?
Cheryl cole's accent is quite hot..especially when she says "i luv her" i like the way british people say "luv" and "innit." ive said it here a few times and people think i'm trying too hard.

how did you know i youtubed british chuckle? i am too predictable. :smile: but i mean if an accent is hot the chuckle must be twice as hot :colone:

slightly!? :lolwut::excited: Ah, I am so silly, you're australian - newcastle is a city where geordie accents originates, people in the surrounding citys/towns such as middlesbrough also have a geordie accent :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending