The Student Room Group

OCR Economics F585 June 2012

Hi,

this thread is for those who are going to be taking the June 2012 exam.

Please feel free to ask questions, discuss about possible questions and share exam techniques.

The stimulus material is now available here: http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/prm/ocr_52084_prm_gce_unit_f585_.pdf

Good luck everyone :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Executioner
Hi,

this thread is for those who are going to be taking the June 2012 exam.

Please feel free to ask questions, discuss about possible questions and share exam techniques.

The stimulus material doesn't seem to be out yet, but if it is out, please send around. Thanks

Good luck everyone :biggrin:

Hey, I'm guessing Jan didnt go well? :frown:

Anyway, if any has any problems/questions, PM me ...Ill try my best to help out :biggrin: (macro>micro :P)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
When are they gonna release the case study for this exam?
Reply 3
Original post by -Illmatic-
Hey, I'm guessing Jan didnt go well? :frown:

Anyway, if any has any problems/questions, PM me I love this module...Ill try my best to help out :biggrin:

I get the feeling it didn't go very well, so I'm going to prepare for it now. Thanks :smile:
Reply 5
Has anybody started analysing the case study yet?
Reply 6
Original post by Popsicle1
Has anybody started analysing the case study yet?

I am probably going to read through it this weekend, my teacher said he wants us to find any key terms we are unsure of.

Overall I am pleased it is on China because it should be easy to pull a lot of facts and figures from numerous websites. It might also be a good idea to subscribe to the economist magazine as their is usually a whole section on China every-time.
Reply 7
hey guys, do you know when the tutor2u toolkit or the APT help toolkit will be available? i think it's usually 2 weeks from the date that the stimulus material is released.
I dont really know what is required for F585. It all just seem to be confusing. Does anyone know what we need for the exam. For example to we need to know any facts about china and what imperical data do we need. Will the exam only focus on theory or application or a mixture of both.
Reply 9
The stimulus material includes everything so you can't really narrow down topics
Reply 10
Check this video the BBC just released, its very relevant to the case study!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17348648
Reply 11
What has everybody pulled out of the introduction?
Key words, parts we need to further research etc?
Reply 12
Original post by benji180
What has everybody pulled out of the introduction?
Key words, parts we need to further research etc?

ermmmmmmmm i think monetary policy and its infleunce on inflation will come up
and possibly inflation targeting
Reply 13
Original post by mathslive101
I dont really know what is required for F585. It all just seem to be confusing. Does anyone know what we need for the exam. For example to we need to know any facts about china and what imperical data do we need. Will the exam only focus on theory or application or a mixture of both.

yeh i agree
its very hard to memorise things on this f585 exam

but i think monetary polict tramnsmison mechanism will come up
Reply 14
will anyone be able to send me a link to the tutor2u toolkit? thanks
Reply 15
Original post by wwelol
yeh i agree
its very hard to memorise things on this f585 exam

but i think monetary polict tramnsmison mechanism will come up

I don't think it will be a question. It's just a fancy word for what happens when you change the interest rate. Which is what you did at AS in the f582 module. However, though, the principle of transmission mechanism may be a small part of a question on changes in exchange rate (which I think could be likely given its between China and rest of world) but it would only be worth a small amount of marks since A03 is only like 4marks of a 20mark question with Ao4 being 10 marks.
Original post by owen1994
I don't think it will be a question. It's just a fancy word for what happens when you change the interest rate. Which is what you did at AS in the f582 module. However, though, the principle of transmission mechanism may be a small part of a question on changes in exchange rate (which I think could be likely given its between China and rest of world) but it would only be worth a small amount of marks since A03 is only like 4marks of a 20mark question with Ao4 being 10 marks.

I dont think that will come up for you lot as that was the main topic for our f585 exam in January
Reply 17

yh it probz will be on the 4 or 6 markers
so wat did u get for the transport exam grade?
Reply 18
Original post by wwelol
yh it probz will be on the 4 or 6 markers
so wat did u get for the transport exam grade?

I got 100/100 in the transport exam but I honestly thought i'd get around the 80% barrier because I felt as if I didn't write enough on the part A of the last question I think it was. It was factors that affect demand for car or something. When I came out of the exam people said they put 1 or 2 graphs for increases in demand on it and income graphs but I didn't do any graphs. I also found the comment and discuss smaller questions hard as I didn't know what to write for evaluation. I totally winged that exam, not even lying. My teacher is getting my exam back to show the class and to find out what I did so good.

How about you man? You looking forward to F585? And how are you revising it? I don't have much time because I got lots of maths exams to do.
Reply 19
I got 100/100 in the transport exam but I honestly thought i'd get around the 80% barrier because I felt as if I didn't write enough on the part A of the last question I think it was. It was factors that affect demand for car or something. When I came out of the exam people said they put 1 or 2 graphs for increases in demand on it and income graphs but I didn't do any graphs. I also found the comment and discuss smaller questions hard as I didn't know what to write for evaluation. I totally winged that exam, not even lying. My teacher is getting my exam back to show the class and to find out what I did so good.

How about you man? You looking forward to F585? And how are you revising it? I don't have much time because I got lots of maths exams to do.

well done bro - 100% i got 85%

yeh im finding it difficult to revise for f585 - its more harder to like just memorise things if u now what i mean
do u use the green ocr A2 textbook to revise ?

yeh i got 5 exams lad but the f585 is quite late in june 20th

how r u revising for it ???

Quick Reply

Latest