The Student Room Group

Are guys better looking than girls???

Scroll to see replies

It's because society demands girl look perfect all the time. Any magazine will tell you that.
For men, thats different entirely, if they are clever and have money, people don't care less what they look like.
If a girl is pretty then thats already a life's achievement, as Daisy says in The great Gatsbry, 'I hope my daughter is born a pretty fool, that's the best thing she can be.'
Reply 41
Original post by Tizmo
Some are, some aren't. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some males who use concealers etc if I'm being perfectly honest.

apparently a guy in my school uses foundation
Reply 42
Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude
Quick biology lesson, the sex of the baby is determined by the male.
Male is XY
Female is XX.
Or it could be that "attractive women" attract certain type of men that are more likely to produce a baby girl. Lol.

Possibly. Studies have shown that women with higher levels of testosterone are more likely to have boys, due to higher levels of the hormone present in the uterus during development. Women with lower testosterone levels would likely have more "feminine" traits; bigger breasts, higher hip:waist ratio, softer features and such.
no way. have you ever noticed that the guys who are considered particularly good looking tend to be feminine looking?
Even an average girl can take my eye. No make-up, everyday clothes, but young and slim can be so attractive. The gay in me needs a guy to be awesome before I look and think 'handsome b*****d'. He'd probably need to be spending 3hrs a day in the gym, and would be so vain he'd actually be ugly, whereas the natural beauty of the 'girl next door' is so appealing.
Original post by Walter Ego
Even an average girl can take my eye. No make-up, everyday clothes, but young and slim can be so attractive. The gay in me needs a guy to be awesome before I look and think 'handsome b*****d'. He'd probably need to be spending 3hrs a day in the gym, and would be so vain he'd actually be ugly, whereas the natural beauty of the 'girl next door' is so appealing.

No matter how much you try to deny it and act all objective, the reason why you say that is because you're straight. I'm sure girls will say the vice versa of what you're saying.
Basically this is all about perception. Everyone is used to seeing girls with make up, so when they're without it we think "wow, she isn't as pretty as I thought". So we set a much higher standard for girls than boys, and if girls fall below their standard we percieve them as ugly. This is caused by make up. And because guys don't wear make up we all acknowledge their natural beauty if they're good looking. Thus because of their lower standard of which they're judged on, it doesn't take as much aesthetically, for a guy to be considered handsome. But I guarantee if make up didn't exist we'd all believe girls without it are just as good looking as guys.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude
Quick biology lesson, the sex of the baby is determined by the male.
Male is XY
Female is XX.
Or it could be that "attractive women" attract certain type of men that are more likely to produce a baby girl. Lol.

:yep:
I know... but it said -

Spoiler

I have only had GCSE Biology so yeah

Quick Reply

Latest