Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

anyone going Roehampton Uni 2012 ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by MiniMinette
Anyone else planning on studying biomedicine at roehampton? I havent completely decided if I'm going to roehampton yet, but it seems like the best choice at the moment :smile:

I am :smile: I've put it down as my insurance :smile:
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 141
I can't decide whether to go Roehampton or Kingston. But I think I will put Roehamptom as my firm and Kingston as my insurance. :smile:
Reply 142
Original post by RUAmbassador
Hi guys,
I go to Roehampton and am in my third year now doing Primary Ed.
I lived in Aspen on Froebel College in my first year.
First years are prioritised for halls accommodation so pretty much everyone who applies gets it but to be sure to get your first choice you need to apply asap. Once you have chosen Roehampton as your firm choice, you usually get an email about accommodation around April time. You can live in halls in second and third year if you have special circumstances or if you apply to be a flat rep but otherwise, most people live off campus in student houses with friends.
I'm happy to answer any questions people may have so let me know if you have any!

Hey I was wondering if you could let me know about the social/night life here and if it's easy to make friends at this uni?
whats Lee House like? anyone?
Reply 144
Original post by RUAmbassador
Hi guys,
I go to Roehampton and am in my third year now doing Primary Ed.
I lived in Aspen on Froebel College in my first year.
First years are prioritised for halls accommodation so pretty much everyone who applies gets it but to be sure to get your first choice you need to apply asap. Once you have chosen Roehampton as your firm choice, you usually get an email about accommodation around April time. You can live in halls in second and third year if you have special circumstances or if you apply to be a flat rep but otherwise, most people live off campus in student houses with friends.
I'm happy to answer any questions people may have so let me know if you have any!

Hi, I've accepted Roehampton as my firm choice to do Primary Education and I was actually thinking of putting Aspen House as my choice for accommodation. What's it like? Thanks :smile:
Reply 145
Original post by Longloz
Hi, I've accepted Roehampton as my firm choice to do Primary Education and I was actually thinking of putting Aspen House as my choice for accommodation. What's it like? Thanks :smile:

My friend goes to Roe and she said that Aspen is lovely. I don't know which accomodation to apply for because my course is at Southlands. Anyone know what the accomodations like there? :smile:
Reply 146
Original post by Megzaves
My friend goes to Roe and she said that Aspen is lovely. I don't know which accomodation to apply for because my course is at Southlands. Anyone know what the accomodations like there? :smile:

Thanks - good to know! Have you looked on the Roehampton website? You can do a 360 tour of the accommodation - inside and out. :smile:
Original post by Hennnaa
I am :smile: I've put it down as my insurance :smile:

:smile: Whats your first option? Have you heard anything about how biomedical science is at roehampton?
Reply 148
:smile: Whats your first option? Have you heard anything about how biomedical science is at roehampton?

St. George's :smile: Not too much, but I'm going on the post-app open day on the 30th, you going? :smile:
Original post by Hennnaa
St. George's :smile: Not too much, but I'm going on the post-app open day on the 30th, you going? :smile:

St.George´s is a great school, are you planning on doing graduate medicine too? :smile: Unfortunately I´m don´t live in the UK so I won´t be able to go. Maybe you could let me know how things are if you´ll be there :wink: ?
Original post by Benjaminwitc
whats Lee House like? anyone?

I would say Lee House is the best place at Roehampton, I lived there in my first year :smile: The living area and kitchen is massive.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 151
Hi there ! I have never heard anybody doing zoology at roehampton..anybody joining me? after having decided between hadlow college and this uni( i can only do part time, i work!) i chose roehampton..:smile: Hope to hear from anybody soon!
Reply 152
St.George´s is a great school, are you planning on doing graduate medicine too? :smile: Unfortunately I´m don´t live in the UK so I won´t be able to go. Maybe you could let me know how things are if you´ll be there :wink: ?

Yeah, I've been to visit and I love it! (If not, Roehampton is the second best!) Yep, that's what most people on SGULs biomed course want to do, cause of their transfer onto the third year of Med :smile: Plus it's on a hospital site, so you can get some patient contact, even on biomed :smile:

Aw okay, where you from? :smile: Yep, I will do, I'm going next friday, so I'll tell you my experience :smile:
Original post by Hennnaa
Yeah, I've been to visit and I love it! (If not, Roehampton is the second best!) Yep, that's what most people on SGULs biomed course want to do, cause of their transfer onto the third year of Med :smile: Plus it's on a hospital site, so you can get some patient contact, even on biomed :smile:

Aw okay, where you from? :smile: Yep, I will do, I'm going next friday, so I'll tell you my experience :smile:

Thankyou, I would love to know what the unis like :smile: I live in Norway, but I´ve been to british and international/english-speaking schools all my life, so my goal has always been to study in England.

I´m considering SGULs for post-grad but its going to be a challenge to get in.
Im in my first year doing criminology single honours, so feel free to ask me anything about the course. I live on southlands which is Known as the friendliest college as its pretty small and so easy to make friends here.

For pubs you've got putney 5 mins on the bus, clubs like oceana in kingston 20 mins away and of course central but a bit costly over half an hour away. Also the uni puts on weekly events which include travel to and from the club for about £5 which is pretty cheap
Original post by Steph79
I can't decide whether to go Roehampton or Kingston. But I think I will put Roehamptom as my firm and Kingston as my insurance. :smile:

thats what ive done :smile: what course you doing?
Original post by neelab
Hi All.
i have my interview this week for primary pgce
could someone please tell me whats involved in the english test ....what do we have to write about

all responses much appreciated
wish everyone all the best

xxx
Reply 157
Original post by Teach-smile
Original post by neelab
Hi All.
i have my interview this week for primary pgce
could someone please tell me whats involved in the english test ....what do we have to write about

all responses much appreciated
wish everyone all the best

xxx

I've gotten into Roehampton for the primary pgce, had my interview in February.
For the English test we had to correct about 10 statements from Hansel and Gretel (mainly punctuation and grammar) then had to write a 200 word essay on what makes a good teacher (I think, can't actually remember the topic but that rings a bell lol). Don't worry too much about it though, its not as hard as they make it out to be so just relax and enjoy the day and hopefully see you in September :smile: xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 158
Original post by lattiiegurl
thats what ive done :smile: what course you doing?

Criminology and sociology. You? In the end I made Kingston my firm and Roehampton my insurance.
lil.sam30
thanks lil.sam30 but you unsure about the written test =( lol im confused now.Weldone for getting a place. Hope it all goes well for us =)
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest