The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1360
Original post by janesies
It was cool they give you a talk.. photocopy all ya certificates then there was like a small group task where ya had to discuss something as a group n ppl r watching you then was a 1 on 1 interview with a clinical tutor but was more of a chat nowt to be worried about

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK :smile: xxxxxx

That actually sounds allright, are they generic questions like...why radiography? etcc Thankyouuuu :smile: xx
Original post by hello123450
not 100% sure tbh..
but i think its just to look around properly this time, bcos they said i have a conditional offer, so im assuming that its to meet people and lecturers and give them my details like GCSE's etc
x

I have been giving one of these selection interviews for next week. What did the day involve, thanks for any help.
Reply 1362
interview for salford and cardiff woop :smile: any tips? xx
Original post by Kay44
interview for salford and cardiff woop :smile: any tips? xx

Whens your interview for cardiff ? :smile:
Original post by Rixy
Is anyone here going to Cumbria?

It seems to be my only option at this point, but I keep hearing lots of negative opinions on the facilities. I imagine it wouldn't really matter for this course as it's approved by the NHS and Department of Health, and a lot of the time is spent in work placements.

Still though, I'm a little unsure on whether it's the right place or not.

I'm a first year at cumbria uni, based at lancaster campus and don't have an issue with the facilities. I love it here. Just finished our first placement and I thought that all the things we did in the run up to it made us well prepared for it. All the staff are friendly and helpful. Can't say I have any complaints to be honest.

If you've got any specific questions feel free to send me a PM or quote me in here.
Original post by Rixy
Is anyone here going to Cumbria?

It seems to be my only option at this point, but I keep hearing lots of negative opinions on the facilities. I imagine it wouldn't really matter for this course as it's approved by the NHS and Department of Health, and a lot of the time is spent in work placements.

Still though, I'm a little unsure on whether it's the right place or not.

I have been to many universities looking at their courses before I applied and I was thinking should I apply to Cumbria (as I live here and didn't really want to live at home) and I can catagorically tell you that Carlisle campus doesn't have a problem with its facilities, quite the oppisite, they had the best I had seen! They have 2 ultrasound machines, 2 xray facilities (1DR and 1CR), they are also one of only 3 unis (the other two being Salford and Liverpool) to have clinical tutors at placement hospitals who are actually trained to lecture and train you up in the hospital as apposed to a university suite.

Hope I have helped :smile:
Reply 1366
Original post by ellbean
Me too! yayy! :smile:

congrats...when did u apply?I haven't heard anything from st.george yet:frown:
Original post by 94Sana
Hi, i have my interview for salford in a couple of days! and was wondering if you could tell me what your interview was like? and any tips? Any help will be much appreciated :biggrin: x

Hi I had my interveiw at Salford today the interview was quite relaxed just wondering if anyone who has interviews before can tell me how long they take letting you know either way

Thanks Lindsey
Reply 1368
I have got 2 interviews next week at BCU and South Bank, please i need your tips of the interview.
Original post by misssmarty
also i was told they had around 300 applicants and 68 places available this year.
Wow, thats loads more places than the 41 at Portsmouth! They had nearly 400 applicants last year, though. They didn't tell us how many have applied this year.
Reply 1370
Original post by beaullar
I have got 2 interviews next week at BCU and South Bank, please i need your tips of the interview.

When have you got your interview at BCU?
Reply 1371
anyone choosing bcu as their firm choice? :smile:
Reply 1372
Original post by eva91
anyone choosing bcu as their firm choice? :smile:

Just waiting to hear from Derby, but regardless of the decision it's looking increasingly likely I'll accept the offer from BCU and move to Birmingham. Radiography at Derby is probably not as bad as it appeared on interview day but Birmingham just looked so much better.
Reply 1373
Hey guys, at what point on the student loans do I establish that my fees are being paid for by the Department of Health? Do I have to fill in a certain part of the application or do I just complete it like any other student?
Reply 1374
Original post by Rixy
Hey guys, at what point on the student loans do I establish that my fees are being paid for by the Department of Health? Do I have to fill in a certain part of the application or do I just complete it like any other student?

I was doing this the other day and when I entered the course it tried to tell me that the university will charge me 7500 pounds for the first year of the course. However I just put that I wanted 0 pounds for the tuition fee loan as when I do the NHS bursary application that will sort out the tuition fees.
Reply 1375
Anybody had an interview at Bangor? Got mine tomorrow and reeeally want to know what it was like and what to expect!!
Reply 1376
Torn between Leeds and Liverpool :frown: any suggestions?
Original post by Nicolab2108
Wow, thats loads more places than the 41 at Portsmouth! They had nearly 400 applicants last year, though. They didn't tell us how many have applied this year.

yes apparently the nhs have cut down number of applicants everywhere but this wasnt the case at cumbria. also not many people applied because most tend to choose to go to cities. i asked my interviewer how many applicants there were :smile: . maybe more places because they deliver the course from two sites? but im not too sure.
Was anyone here at the Cumbria interview on Wednesday?

I was in one of the x ray labs doing some work and kept getting kicked out for tours of the room.

I am really pleased with Cumbria's (Lancaster) facilities. When I was looking at other universities they had either CR or DR and I liked that Cumbria had both. A lot of hospitals have CR mainly and are moving towards DR so it is good to learn on both sets of equipment in the university.

So far I haven't had any problems with the course or the university, the city can be a bit quiet when it comes to the whole student experience bit which is the only slight downside for me so far but you can have a decent night out if you are up for it. After just finishing placement I can say the uni did a good job in preparing us and I really enjoyed placement and we do have clinical tutors who help to support you and it gives you someone specific to talk to about any problems.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1379
Original post by Kay44
Torn between Leeds and Liverpool :frown: any suggestions?

Have you had a offer from leeds, i'm still waiting to hear from them hoping i get a offer there my first choice and my only choice :smile:

Latest