The Student Room Group

RBS Six Nations 2012 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Big day today needed from England! Hoping for a big win but Ireland are strong! Farrell, Ashton and Tuilagi will be key for England to win this one!

Also hoping for a big France win! Very possible as France will want to take revenge on Wales for there loss to us last week!
Come on Wales!
Good morning Ladies and Gentleman, and welcome to 'Wales win the Grand Slam' day, today. :mmm:
Original post by Keelo
Big day today needed from England! Hoping for a big win but Ireland are strong! Farrell, Ashton and Tuilagi will be key for England to win this one!

Also hoping for a big France win! Very possible as France will want to take revenge on Wales for there loss to us last week!

Ireland should win by a few scores, but betting on Ireland to put in a good performance is often not a good bet. Hopefully it will be a good game - I have been impressed with how England have progressed.

I don't think people should count France out against Wales. We all know how exceptional France can be out of nowhere.
I hope Ireland loses.
Reply 465
Original post by beepbeeprichie
I hope Ireland loses.

Typical! Typical, arrogant, englishman!
okay, all we need is a big France win over Wales then for us to beat Ireland by a big score and we win the Six Nations!

er, yeah, im not counting on it :mmm:
Reply 467
This is a very settled, very in form, very diverse irish team. They have a darn near inpenetrable defence and they're attack is very efficient and complex, tommy bowe individually's equalled the english try scoring tally this whole competition!

Will be a great game! Never seen an irish team play so well without BOD and POC as they did against scotland! Something nice and settled about this irish squad, if they win here today I reckon they'll get atleast one win against the AB's in their summer tour.
tbh all I can really hope for today is good entertaining rugby, England doing well against Ireland regardless of the result I will consider progress from pre-tournament.
I'll just leave this here

Original post by TheDubs
Typical! Typical, arrogant, englishman!

Terrorist.
'mon now lads. Spirit of the game and all that.
Can't believe I'm gonna miss the final weekend of games, got them all on record but I'm pretty sure someone will mention the scores before I get chance to watch them
i hope England don't have a repeat of last year :redface:
battle for the wooden spoon is underway...:
Reply 476
Never! Wales, Scotland, France, Italy. Ireland Vs England for the anthem wooden spoon, hopefully they can use it to bang against a wall to discover a better beat for an anthem.
Reply 477
Original post by beepbeeprichie
Terrorist.

What are you? The Farrell of creative insults?
Reply 478
I gather we're bad at decision making and couldnt narrow down the shortlist of anthems. We tried rock paper scissors etc, but to no avail, so we just have two rocking anthems now! :biggrin:
Reply 479
Im not sure why "God save the Queen" is an anthem! It not only sounds snobby "our noble queen" etc, but it has nothing to do with sport at all! Its praising one person, let alone a team of 22 players, and raising a whole stadium/country!

A nation once again should be the irish anthem, heck even a freaking u2 song, anything but irelands call which i can geniunly see being a club anthem on day. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest