The Student Room Group

All A*s and 1 C.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
haha **** grades that.

Wouldn't dare.
Reply 41
Original post by AverageExcellence
well done, youve found a way to boast about your grades in the form of an idiotic question, Want a medal?

yes actually! Thanks for being so kind as to offer!
Would you like my postal address?
Reply 42
Original post by kopite493
oh yes because being unable to use a computer in a computer orientated society is fine

I've been a computer programmer before I hit year 9 SATs and I still only managed to scrape a C at GCSE I.T.
lol fail
Reply 44
You're really dumb for a smart person ..........
Original post by SnailFace
You're really dumb for a smart person ..........

hes probably lying for attention
Reply 46
Original post by Iron Lady
I hear there are vacancies at McDonald's.

Not in this economic climate.
Reply 47
Original post by siddiqi360
Thanks all! (Apart from see-are). :/

Erm... C in IT because I hated it and I never tried and I wanted it to be my weekly personal rebellion! :P

It was GCSE AQA ICT 2011.... worst thing Ive ever studied in my life! Madness!

I doubt oxbridge wants a student that doesn't try.
Original post by kopite493
oh yes because being unable to use a computer in a computer orientated society is fine

Getting a C means you can use a computer but a lot of ICT GCSEs a stupid because they have exams-that don't test computer skills.If the C was a D you might have a problem.I got a C,in my 1st Unit(20% of a GCSE) but i have improved and have got an A for the next unit(40% of a GCSE)-to be moderated.
Well I'm guessing you got an A* in maths. So you know that 1C = -10A* so you've not done so well when you add it all up.
Reply 50
if it's keeping you up at night then resit it. At least then you'll be working towards something productive instead of boasting about your otherwise perfect results on an online forum.
Original post by hassi94
Well I'm guessing you got an A* in maths. So you know that 1C = -10A* so you've not done so well when you add it all up.

i would be interested at what the other grades equal.The Government want people to achieve -50A*s lol.
Reply 52
Original post by Besakt
Not in this economic climate.

It's not that bad!
It's not that bad!

Are you sure?I did see a newspaper giving out job vacancy actually,an adult will take it in this political climate.
Reply 54
Original post by Dalek1099
Are you sure?I did see a newspaper giving out job vacancy actually,an adult will take it in this political climate.

Things will pick up soon.
Things will pick up soon.

not with George Osborne's plans
Reply 56
IT is considered a weak and largely unnecessary subject by Oxbridge so I wouldn't worry, especially seeing as it's just a GCSE and you have so many A*s. I suppose you could equate it, somewhat crudely, to achieving all As at AS Level but with a D or E in General Studies because you were forced to take it (although you should be able to get an A in it if you can get all As to be honest :P).

Don't worry about it. :smile:
Reply 57
For a minute I thought you were going to post an article... But no, you show a thread - created by you!

The 50% tax rate was corrupt, so glad it has been scrapped :woo:
Reply 58
My friend's brother got a D at IT gcse. He got 9*s and 2As though which is worse than yours. He still got accepted into oxford with 2 A grades at a level. I presume you would be at no disadvantage considering you have better grades than him
For a minute I thought you were going to post an article... But no, you show a thread - created by you!

The 50% tax rate was corrupt, so glad it has been scrapped :woo:

No it wasn't because the rich are filthy,stealing money in businesses.There money should be given to the poor,make the poor richer and the richer poorer-sounds ethical to me.

Quick Reply

Latest