The Student Room Group

The Magnificently Revamped Superduper Shiny Revision Thread 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Edexcel A Level practice questions with Answers

For physics,Biology chemistry and maths.

I had collected them when I was doing A levels and have it on my scribed account.
By doing it I got high marks in my modules, its the best practice you can get.

For Biology I have got some notes as well.

http://www.scribd.com/areyouthere92/shelf

All the best. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Another bad revision day today - another hour down at the doctors (actuallly managing to see someone this time!), then fell asleep onthe sofa til lunch.

Have just done and marked a C3 paper, and typed out a C4 integration revision sheet. Will try and do some economics now.

Yesterday I managed to only do an economics multiple choice - but I did clean my rooom thoroughly, and hoover the whole house...I've always used cleaning to get out of schoolwork :tongue:
Reply 4482
Original post by areyouthere?
Edexcel A Level practice questions with Answers

For physics,Biology chemistry and maths.

I had collected them when I was doing A levels and have it on my scribed account.
By doing it I got high marks in my modules, its the best practice you can get.

For Biology I have got some notes as well.

http://www.scribd.com/areyouthere92/shelf

All the best. :smile:

Thank you so much, these are excellent!!
I am out of rep today but tomorrow I will definitely rep you :smile:
Reply 4483
Original post by Angury
Going to go to the library today and do some serious revision (she says while staring at the computer screen watching Game of Thrones):

- Read and answer textbook + past paper questions on Lattice Enthalpy
- Read and answer textbook + past paper questions on Electrode Potentials
- Read and answer textbook + past paper questions on Entropy

:cool:

Not bad considering I couldn't find a spare seat at the library and decided to walk around town and do some window shopping instead. :tongue: Managed to highlight a few questions I couldn't understand as well, to ask my teacher when I get back to school. I feel sorry for him.. he's going to have a lot of questions to answer for me. :biggrin:
Planning to go back to the library and see if there's a spare seat I can steal to do some Electrode Potentials. Hope everyone else is having a productive day despite the lovely weather outside (or is it just in Northern Ireland? :tongue:)
Done the user manual!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :dance:
Original post by ninegrandstudent
typed out a C4 integration revision sheet

Why on Earth would you do this? Surely the best way to learn how to integrate would be to actually practice integrating :confused:
-Read over all biology notes for F215
-Read psychology notes on Reaching a Verdict
-Read biology notes for F214 if I have time
-Write up notes on Cynthio's play
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Schicksal
Why on Earth would you do this? Surely the best way to learn how to integrate would be to actually practice integrating :confused:

To have on my wall to visually take in over the next few months....and if you must know (seeing as you feel the need to be critcal) I have done all the questions in the book, and most of the past paper questions.

I like to have something I might actually learn from on my wall, for when I'm staring into space. :biggrin:

Back to the topic - have done three Econ2 multiple choice and think I've worked out where I especially need to revise (basic definitions :rolleyes:). I have also discovered an extreme problem of failing to read the questions properly in all my subjects. Lost myself 7 marks today for making up my own question in a C3 paper :redface:
Just made my exam timetable! I have 2 2hour and a half exams on the 12th June! :O :cry2:
To have on my wall to visually take in over the next few months....and if you must know (seeing as you feel the need to be critcal) I have done all the questions in the book, and most of the past paper questions.

Seeing as you have apparently embedded the different techniques for C4 integration, theres absolutely no point whatsoever of having such a poster. If you need that poster then you are simply not good enough yet. Just my opinion.
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
Just made my exam timetable! I have 2 2hour and a half exams on the 12th June! :O :cry2:

Stop complaining like a bitch and actually study? Just a thought.
Original post by Schicksal
Seeing as you have apparently embedded the different techniques for C4 integration, theres absolutely no point whatsoever of having such a poster. If you need that poster then you are simply not good enough yet. Just my opinion.

I never, ever claimed to state I was ready and they were embedded. However I see absolutley no point in repeating questions I've recently attempted as I will know the answer. I do a couple of questions on mathsnet two or three times a week also, I spent 10 minutes on yhis poster.

To be honest, I don't see why I should justify what works for me. just my opinion.
I never, ever claimed to state I was ready and they were embedded. However I see absolutley no point in repeating questions I've recently attempted as I will know the answer. I do a couple of questions on mathsnet two or three times a week also, I spent 10 minutes on yhis poster.

To be honest, I don't see why I should justify what works for me. just my opinion.

I wasnt trying to personally critique your techniques, but in my experience posters (especially with Mathematics, a subject that requires repetition and, almost, incessant practice) are pretty useless.

Whatever works the best for you. Good luck :biggrin:
completed Chem2 Haloalkanes exam example questions :smile: and have gone through some notes on extraction of metals. Also gone through a bit of a HBIO2 exam paper. Intending to do a Chem1 past paper tomorow and mark it :smile:
Reply 4494
Barely done any revision today, just gone over a bit of alcohols for chem2. I think I've finished my Geology coursework now, just got to do my field notebook again :frown:
Original post by AmyLH
Barely done any revision today, just gone over a bit of alcohols for chem2. I think I've finished my Geology coursework now, just got to do my field notebook again :frown:

Why was this post positively and negatively rated? It seems like the most uncontroversial thing you could say on a thread like this.
Reply 4496
Original post by When you see it...
Why was this post positively and negatively rated? It seems like the most uncontroversial thing you could say on a thread like this.

It's TSR :rolleyes:
Original post by AmyLH
It's TSR :rolleyes:

Even so, what a strange thing to do. I'm assuming someone negged you (a troll perhaps) and then someone gave you a sympathy positive vote to cancel it out. Rather than two people both holding opposed radical views about geology coursework.
Very unproductive few days...tomorrow i will start officially :frown:
Original post by Angury
:hugs: I hope everything is alright and you're feeling ok.

Trying too :frown: thanks anyway .
Original post by chignesh10
what happened?

It's very personal .

Quick Reply