The Student Room Group

Any women here size 14........?

So I read in an article that women who are size 14 are happiest with themselves. In your own experience is that true? Reason I ask is I personally find women with this size/shape very sexy but I find if they're curvier like this, they're often fat. Im certainly no perfectionist and don't mind if she has a little bit extra chub, hardly expecting a Britney Spears washboard mid-rift. Female celebs I find hot are Kate Winslet and Nigella Lawson, haha.

Anyway, I seem to find few girls with this shape around, i.e curvy with booty and breasts, full bodied:

http://www.yorubagirldancing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/3-women.jpg

Is that fair to say there aren't many girls of this shape around? Is it generally quite a difficult shape to achieve? Im guessing its a lot to do with genetics.

Scroll to see replies

"this size shape"... i'm sorry but "size 14" isn't a specific shape... i know someone 5"11 who is size 14 but rather slim, it's just she's quite broad... i also know someone who is like 5"4 and chubby and size 14...

so REALLY depends... i think the article is probably a load of crap...
Reply 2
I think it's all about proportion and how toned you are, as well as your height, your natural shape, etc. People look best when they're healthy and happy with themselves, whatever that size may be.

I personally think a size 14 woman could look absolutely beautiful in her body, just as a size 8 woman could. I think it's difficult to have a curvy but slim look though. Most people who are a size 14 will have some kind of tummy on them. I'm not saying they're fat necessarily. We all have our good and bad points, if you have the boobs, hips and curves, you'll probably have some kind of tummy, whereas if you could grate cheese on your abs you probably won't have the soft curves a lot of women aspire to.
Reply 3
Not a woman, but I thought this might give some of you some encouragement:

Put the bass in your walk, ladies.
Reply 4

I think the girl in the middle has a perfect shape.
We want big big bootay bitches!
Original post by newts2k
So I read in an article that women who are size 14 are happiest with themselves. In your own experience is that true? Reason I ask is I personally find women with this size/shape very sexy but I find if they're curvier like this, they're often fat. Im certainly no perfectionist and don't mind if she has a little bit extra chub, hardly expecting a Britney Spears washboard mid-rift. Female celebs I find hot are Kate Winslet and Nigella Lawson, haha.

Anyway, I seem to find few girls with this shape around, i.e curvy with booty and breasts, full bodied:

http://www.yorubagirldancing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/3-women.jpg

Is that fair to say there aren't many girls of this shape around? Is it generally quite a difficult shape to achieve? Im guessing its a lot to do with genetics.

thumbs up for nigella lawson, she is one piece of ace. all women should strive to look like that, no 6 packs, no matchstick limbs. I'd ****ing smash her pasty.
(edited 11 years ago)
Are you kidding me? I've seen that picture before and most size 14's don't look like that. I certainly didn't when I was the size this time last year (I'm a 10 now). Dress sizes are incredibly general and they depend on a lot more than factors such as distribution of fat.

To answer your question, I wasn't happy when I was that size. I was 5'2 at the time (pilates added an inch to my height so I currently stand at 5'3) so being that short and that size was not a good combination. I developed an eating disorder and started exercising compulsively whilst severely restricting my caloric intake. (Though this has more to do with my being bullied as a child for being a bit on the chubby side.) However, I'm just one case - I know many size 14s who are about my height and are comfortable (on most days :tongue:) with their body.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by newts2k

You can't really 'achieve' a shape, you are more or less born with it. Most size 14s do not look like that; regardless of the woman's size she is still a model and models rarely represent the average woman which is kind of the point.

I don't really care if a bunch of women are happy being a size 14, it's not for me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Vixen47
Are you kidding me? I've seen that picture before and most size 14's don't look like that. I certainly didn't when I was the size this time last year (I'm a 10 now). Dress sizes are incredibly general and they depend on a lot more than factors such as distribution of fat.

yeh I thought so....so do you think very few women have this actual shape that she does? Dont seem to see that many
Reply 10
Original post by Nomes89
You can't really 'achieve' a shape, you are more or less born with it. Most size 14s do not look like that; regardless of the woman's size she is still a model and models rarely represent the average woman which is kind of the point.

I don't really care if a bunch of women are happy being a size 14, it's not for me.

pretty sure i didn't ask what you think nor do I give a damn, Im asking women
I've been all sizes from size 10 up to size 18-20, and I can honestly say that i'm at my happiest as I am now (size 10). I wasn't happiest at size 14, nope.
Reply 12
I think girls being unhappy with their sizes is a result of years and years of pounding telling them they have to look a certain way to be attractive to men. The fact that happiness is linked to how one looks is utterly insane and is very sad indeed. Being attractive to men should not be linked to self esteem. It's horrible if you think about it enough
Size 14 isn't a shape :facepalm:
Reply 14
I'm a size 12-14, depending on where I shop. But my figure is a typical pear shape, I am curvy at the bottom but I have smaller breasts, so no, not happy. I'd be happy at a size 14 if my breasts were bigger.
I'm 5ft 2 and a size 12 and I'm not happy with it, so I'd be even less happy as a size 14. When I was about a size 6 I was a lot happier with my size...
I'm 5ft3 and a size 14 and I hate it! I have an apple shape and my height and very pale skin colour doesn't help at all. Trying to lose weight at the moment though :smile:
Well, I am 5ft5 and a size 12.

I weigh 10st 8lbs, but am dieting at the moment.

However, even when I am only 9st, I'm still a size 12- well jean size anyway, just have huge hips I guess.

Would I like to be a 14? Not really, but I'm sure I could live with it, I'm probably not that far off anyway.

I wouldn't mind if I was a 14 because my breasts were huge and I had some actual muscle or big bones, but smaller hips, if that makes sense.
Reply 18
Original post by F Ellen
I'm a size 12-14, depending on where I shop. But my figure is a typical pear shape, I am curvy at the bottom but I have smaller breasts, so no, not happy. I'd be happy at a size 14 if my breasts were bigger.

thats a sexy shape though, latina booty's are hot
I'm so many sizes, I have no idea what size I actually am. Ended up picking up some 16s in Primark because I have mahoosive hips, yet I can wear 12s from Primark as well. I swear my thighs and ass are disproportionately large, yet I've got a relatively small stomach. Top half's an 8/10/12 depending on the type of top/place I'm buying from, although with hoodies I generally go for a 14, my arms are long. Bottom half can range between 12 and 14 depending on the shop/fit, and I have one pair of 16s.

I have big feet too, I swear I'm just made up of someone else's unwanted body parts. :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest