The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cat193
where this best accomodation for first year if you intend to have the craak?

Murano! :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by cat193
where this best accomodation for first year if you intend to have the craak get the clap?

Murano! :smile:
Reply 1362
just applied for murano large flats :smile: anyone else?
Reply 1363
Original post by Moomeh
Thanks guys :P I guess the pain will heal over time hah xD just been looking into it more and from the guidebook thing they seem really strict- absolutely no parties? :s-smilie: it's a university accomodation place :/ what will happen if there's a party or 'music after 11pm'? :s-smilie: sorry I'm just looknig at all the bad and getting stressed xD

dont worry, ive been to murano visiting my boyfriend and they had crazy parties over there. it seemed like a really nice place to stay, so ive decided to apply for it as well :smile:
Thanks guys :P I guess the pain will heal over time hah xD just been looking into it more and from the guidebook thing they seem really strict- absolutely no parties? it's a university accomodation place :/ what will happen if there's a party or 'music after 11pm'? sorry I'm just looknig at all the bad and getting stressed xD

Yeah, don't worry about those guidelines. I lived in Murano last year - there are indeed parties :smile:
Original post by J'adoreMaCachette
Is it at all possible to connect a router in your room (Murano) to get wifi?

Yes, I had to do that when my laptop socket broke. Just bought a generic router, connected it to the internet socket in my room and we had wireless for the flat, which I password locked for only our flat (just in case). Realized I should've tried that earlier in the year too, since it was much better!

To be honest I'm not sure whether it's allowed but I'm sure it happens in plenty of flats and the couple of times we were inspected no one was bothered.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by roxyqueen2
Yes, I had to do that when my laptop socket broke. Just bought a generic router, connected it to the internet socket in my room and we had wireless for the flat, which I password locked for only our flat (just in case). Realized I should've tried that earlier in the year too, since it was much better!

To be honest I'm not sure whether it's allowed but I'm sure it happens in plenty of flats and the couple of times we were inspected no one was bothered.

Thank god! I don't think I could survive without wifi :biggrin:
Original post by noro
just applied for murano large flats :smile: anyone else?

Yep i've applied for the same :smile: can't wait to go!!
Reply 1368
Original post by Niamh Mc D
Yep i've applied for the same :smile: can't wait to go!!

cant wait either! glasgow is amazing :smile: what are you going to study?
Anyone for Wolfson ? :smile:
Original post by Irishguy2K10
Anyone for Wolfson ? :smile:

Yeah, I'm going to wolfson.
Original post by noro
cant wait either! glasgow is amazing :smile: what are you going to study?

I know i love it!! class city! Human biology and you? Where are you from? :smile:
Reply 1372
Original post by Niamh Mc D
I know i love it!! class city! Human biology and you? Where are you from? :smile:

Im studying Physics and Astronomy. Im from Germany :smile: how about you?
Original post by bethany a smith
Yeah, I'm going to wolfson.

Woo :biggrin: Have you got a time to move in yet ?
Reply 1374
Would anyone know when will students be allowed to move into residences like the Cairncross House or the Student Apartments ?

I know the website says that I'll have to wait for the offers of accommodation which will include all details but that's not particularly helpful when there are airline tickets to book.
Original post by Kostaz
Would anyone know when will students be allowed to move into residences like the Cairncross House or the Student Apartments ?

I know the website says that I'll have to wait for the offers of accommodation which will include all details but that's not particularly helpful when there are airline tickets to book.

Freshers week is the 10th to the 14 of September, with you definitely being allowed to move in the weekend before. If it's really that urgent book for then, but you're probably able to get in at least a week earlier.
Reply 1376
Original post by Norton1
Freshers week is the 10th to the 14 of September, with you definitely being allowed to move in the weekend before. If it's really that urgent book for then, but you're probably able to get in at least a week earlier.

Thanks for the quick reply!

My course starts on the 14th so if those dates are spot on then booking the right flight has become much less of an issue.

Since booking tickets later into September means better prices (I assume the Paralympics in London, which serves as a stop to Glasgow's airport, have something to do with that) which could I afford to miss a single day or two of of the Freshers?
Original post by Kostaz
Thanks for the quick reply!

My course starts on the 14th so if those dates are spot on then booking the right flight has become much less of an issue.

Since booking tickets later into September means better prices (I assume the Paralympics in London, which serves as a stop to Glasgow's airport, have something to do with that) which could I afford to miss a single day or two of of the Freshers?

You need to get yourself registered and get your student card etc, as well as probably having a few things to do for your course. But you could probably miss the first couple of days. What course is it?

Also, all I've checked is the Freshers week facebook page for those dates so it's not absolute gospel, although it's the same week it's been for the last five or so years.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1378
Original post by Norton1
You need to get yourself registered and get your student card etc, as well as probably having a few things to do for your course. But you could probably miss the first couple of days. What course is it?

Politics. I know the first week is going to be quite busy in terms of settling in and completing formal procedures but you'll be surprised by how the fares fluctuate during that specific week.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kostaz
Politics. I know the first week is going to be quite busy in terms of settling in and completing formal procedures but you'll be surprised by how the fares fluctuate during that specific week.

Well I've no idea if they take attendance or not, might be an idea to drop them an email and check what dates they want you to do things. The registration and stuff can be done all of freshers week and for a little while after so it's no big deal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending