The Student Room Group

A2 English Language Investigation

I got told by the head of year that i woulndt be allowed back to do english language at sixthform so i didnt do the set homework, however when i went to enroll today i went to a different teacher who said that he was wrong and that i was most definatly allowed on the course.. i start on Thursday and by then i have to get all of my language investigation data together, luckily i got a few ideas and got some pieces together but i dont know what to do, i was thinking maybe a speech from margaret thatcher or something to discuss gender and power, but im not sure..

If you have any suggestions at all id appreciate them so much!

Thank you for your time!xxx
Reply 1
Original post by jadel94
I got told by the head of year that i woulndt be allowed back to do english language at sixthform so i didnt do the set homework, however when i went to enroll today i went to a different teacher who said that he was wrong and that i was most definatly allowed on the course.. i start on Thursday and by then i have to get all of my language investigation data together, luckily i got a few ideas and got some pieces together but i dont know what to do, i was thinking maybe a speech from margaret thatcher or something to discuss gender and power, but im not sure..

If you have any suggestions at all id appreciate them so much!

Thank you for your time!xxx

The speeches of Margaret Thatcher and David Cameron? Both Conservative leaders/PM's from contrasting decades

or

The speeches of Margaret Thatcher and Tony Blair- both PM's but from contrasting parties; you may have more contrast to play with.
Reply 2
I would like to do something along the lines of how Written discourse for children and adults differ in language use..
Not sure which type of discourse to focus on, anybody got any ideas??
hi guys, I'm having some trouble on my coursework write now. I know your thread was posted last year but seen as you have already done your coursework could you please help me on mine. I am doing an investigation into whether there are gender differences in party leaders speeches in their own party conferences. The data i have collected is a leaders speech that David Cameron has given to the conservative party when he was leader and i also have a speech Margaret Thatcher gave to the conservative party when she was leader.

I just don't what to talk about in the introduction, i have a few lines but that's all... PLEASE HELP!!!
Reply 4
I'm aiming to do an investigation on child-directed speech. My teacher thinks it'd be a good idea to either analyse how an adult speaks to children in the different stages of development or how different relations to the same child speak differently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending