The Student Room Group

English IOP

I've got my IOP coming up soon and I'm a bit stuck on what I should do. We have being studying three books; 'The Outsider', 'An Evil Cradling' and 'Candide'. At the moment I am thinking I should do something about how Voltaire uses satire to target religion in 'Candide'. Our teacher says we can do a creative element if we want but I don't know whether it will gain or lose me marks. Does anyone have any ideas or advice on IOPs in general or my possible IOP title? Any help will be appreciated!
Reply 1
Hey! i did my IOP 2 years a go - we studied the outsider and an evil cradling. i choose EC , only becuase i didnt like the way the outsider was written. - with EC - its really easy to look at all the symbolism etc that he uses.... mine was on the way in which Brian depicts his insecurities and this entrapment etc. - got a 6, not sure how though!

But i dont envy you, i love and hated the IB all in one - and, having been predicted 34 points, i came out with 27....so redoing a couple of subjects and taking a few as levels as well to boost my UCAS app..... you may not think the IB is hard now..wait until 2nd year with EE, TOK and CAS deadlines all in; plus revision....

anyway - i hope that helps a little bit

xxx
did mine on the ubiquity of white in dorian gray and got a 7. It was great fun, and pretty easy. Just choose a certain type of presentation your teacher will like... if he/she likes thematic analysis, take that, if he/she likes symbolism, look for something in that area, etc. It's great fun, don't worry.

seb

Latest

Trending

Trending